Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:22:01 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  what TV show or movie was this from? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what TV show or movie was this from?  (Read 4601 times)
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« on: July 06, 2014, 12:55:44 PM »

I saw this around 1991 or 1992, someone said they saw the same scene in the mid 80s, this is all they could remember from that show/film too. We both remember a dark-haired woman cooking something in her pale white kitchen, she has a pot of boiling water on the stove, and is wearing either a bathrobe or raincoat; the woman sort of resembled Lily Tomlin. I remember the woman was very hungry and looked in her refrigerator, which was nearly empty. She moved a container around or two, and found a can of either dog or cat food. She took the can out and poured some into the dish. Her small grayish-white dog/cat (think it was a dog) came rushing into the room thinking it was suppertime. The woman then growled and stared back at it with this horrible transformed face. The face was greenish, but the eyes, I think, were red or yellow. The dog obviously ran from the room in fright. Most think this is a werewolf film, but if so, it is mostly from a cheesy horror film. Neither of us thought the show/film was that interesting.

This is not from any of the Howling films. It is not from Mom, My Mom's a Werewolf, or the Boneyard. It had a Tales from the Dark Side or Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction atmosphere, and for some strange reason, I remember it was loosely based on a true story, but I could be wrong. I was a kid when I saw it. I know this is not much to go on, but does anyone have any ideas? Any help would truly be appreciated, thanks in advance.
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 12:19:11 AM »

Sorry, to edit, when the dog came into the room. It saw the woman eating its food. The woman then noticed it and stared at it growling with this horrible greenish face. Looked much like the face of the disembodied head of the witch doctor from Alfred Hitchcock's Under Capricorn (1949), not same film. Since I cannot post a link, please look up disembodied head Under Capricorn for a clear idea of what the face looked like.

The dog then ran from the room in fright, that is all I remember, please help. Suggestions I have considered are the TV series, Amazing Stories and Tales from the Unexpected, but definitely as I said, had a Tales from the Dark Side feel (not the Dark Side episode, the Casavin Curse, or the movie).

I know someone can get this.
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 03:05:31 PM »

I hate having to respond to my own post if no one can answer, but on another site, someone suggested Werewolf Woman, and Night Train to Terror did pop into mind. Do either of these seem familiar? I think the plot with the kitchen scene occurred at Halloween, I think, so maybe that might help.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 12:39:17 PM »

WEREWOLF WOMAN (76) was promoted as being "based on a true story."
This look familiar: http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/t-z/werewolfwoman1976.htm
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 01:49:28 PM »

I don't think that's it. I definitely remember what this woman was wearing, her dark hair color, and that she was in her kitchen. I also remember her small dog, or maybe it was a cat. Could be Mutator or Cat People (1982). I know the scene is not much to go on, but I clearly remember what was happening. This had more of a Tales from the Dark Side (not the Casavin Curse) and Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction feel than anything else.
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 09:25:24 PM »

Is this not ringing any bells for anyone? Here are the main details:

I saw this on TV in 1990-1992. Someone (the only other person who remembers this scene) saw it in the mid 80s. They remember only as much as I do.

The woman had dark hair, I think looked like actress Lily Tomlin, wore a bathrobe/raincoat.

The woman had a pot of boiling water on stove.

The woman was famished, searched her nearly empty refrigerator. She moved jars around and found a can of dog/cat food. She poured out food in bowl, pet came rushing in, looked like small grayish or whitish dog, possibly a hairy terrier. Saw the woman eating its food, woman ate food while kneeling on ground and ate straight out of bowl. Woman stared back with greenish face, yellow or red eyes. The face of the woman looks much like the face of the character from Alfred Hitchcock's Under Capricorn, the one whose head was removed. Did I provide link or refer to a site?

I think this was a night shot. The kitchen looks much like the kitchen from Ghost Busters in Sigourney Weaver's apartment. The actress looked like Sigourney Weaver, not same actress, not same film.

I thought this was the Tales from the Dark Side episode, the Casavin Curse, was not. Could be an episode of Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction. Most suggest a werewolf film. It is none of the Howling films (I saw all). I think was from a goofy 80s show/film.

Any bells?
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 08:09:39 PM »

Earlier the Original Poster (I think) suggested they thought it could be NIGHT TRAIN TO TERROR. Nope. Can't tell you what movie it's from (it does sound familiar) but I can confirm this doesn't happen in NIGHT TRAIN TO TERROR, nor in any of the three films that were chopped up to make NIGHT TRAIN TO TERROR (or six-ish films if you consider that each of the three films in NT2T exists in at least two additional full-length versions!). The mystery continues.......
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  what TV show or movie was this from? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.