Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:02:01 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Horror Movie With banshees or vampires in white, a book sucks a group of people « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Horror Movie With banshees or vampires in white, a book sucks a group of people  (Read 3333 times)
TRU3 CHAOS
New Visitor

« on: August 04, 2014, 02:52:48 PM »

I vaguely remember this horror film... I'm pretty sure it was. I think it was the beginning and a bunch of witch hunters or rioters enter this haunted house with weapons and I think the main dude has a daughter that might have been a spell caster. So essentially i think they come in and kill a banshee or two stirring a cauldron and when they think they have set their foothold, there's this book that sucks in everybody including the girl who is chanting spells.

I think years go by and I don't remember much from here. I just remember kids running down the street from the banshees or whatever they were.
staircars
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 05:23:21 AM »

A lot of this fits in with the opening scenes of Hocus Pocus (1993). Any idea what year you saw the film you're looking for?
TRU3 CHAOS
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 12:45:29 PM »

I don't think it as hocus pocus. It seemed darker and the witches/banshees looked a lot scarier.
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 11:19:45 PM »

Sounds like the opening from Monster Squad.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 12:49:57 AM »

Sounds like the opening from Monster Squad.

The Monster Squad (1987) is the film that immediately came to mind for me as well.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
TRU3 CHAOS
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 07:06:21 PM »

alright. Couldn't find the scene. Thanks everyone for helping. The story plot sounded familiar though it was different a bit perhaps because I was very young.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Horror Movie With banshees or vampires in white, a book sucks a group of people « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.