Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:49:32 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  PATRICK (2013) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PATRICK (2013)  (Read 1638 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: July 21, 2014, 11:48:43 PM »

This movie is actually a remake of a 1978 original that I have never seen, but I was very impressed with it when my daughter
and I watched it together this evening.  Brilliantly cast, darkly scored, and with a disturbing plot, this film is one that will lurk
in your dreams long after you return the DVD.

Kathy Jacquard is an idealistic young nurse who is hired to work in the Roget Sanitarium, where Dr. Roget (ably played by Charles
Dance, better known as Tywin Lannister from HBO's GAME OF THRONES series) is working with comatose, vegetative patients
in an ongoing series of experiments to see if he can reinstate brain activity in those who have none.  Among the patients is a
handsome young man named Patrick, who suffers none of the emaciation and muscle atrophy common to the others.  Kathy
is drawn to him from the start, believing that he is still aware of his surroundings.  And one day, as she cleans him up after a
particularly brutal round of experimentation from Dr. Roget, he begins to respond to her.
  But no one else.  As she tries to prove to the rest of the sanitarium staff that Patrick is aware of his surroundings, strange things
begin to happen.  Patrick cannot move a muscle of his body - but he can move objects with his mind.  And little by little, Kathy
comes to realize that this handsome young man is not exactly the innocent victim of tragedy that she has imagined him to be.

This is a genuinely creepy movie with a very strong cast.  I highly recommend it!   Thumbup

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:57:35 AM »

I have the original on DVD and it is pretty creepy.  Patrick lying in bed comatose with his eyes wide open is an unsettling image.  You're always waiting for him to blink or move his eyes.  There is a 1980 sequel made in Italy called PATRICK VIVE ANCORA (or PATRICK STILL LIVES in the U.S. version).  I heard it is terrible.  I would love to see it.  

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »

I have the original on DVD and it is pretty creepy.  Patrick lying in bed comatose with his eyes wide open is an unsettling image.  You're always waiting for him to blink or move his eyes.  There is a 1980 sequel made in Italy called PATRICK VIVE ANCORA (or PATRICK STILL LIVES in the U.S. version).  I heard it is terrible.  I would love to see it.  

Haha in the doco 'Not Quite Hollywood' they talk about that sequel being an unauthorised rip off [like they all are] with the only slight resemblance to the original is a random shot of a guy in a bed with close ups of his eyes every now and then.  The footage I saw looked woeful...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  PATRICK (2013) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.