Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:14:40 AM
714312 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Your thoughts on this film? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your thoughts on this film?  (Read 3228 times)
DrSimonCowell
Dedicated Viewer

« on: July 24, 2014, 01:26:05 AM »

Hello, bad movie lovers.  I would like to hear your thoughts on Flight of the Navigator.  I remember reading from an issue of the Hollywood Reporter 5 years ago this film would be remade by Disney, its original distributor.

I had first seen the film back in 1986 and thought it was a lighthearted family adventure.

So anyways, what are your thoughts of Flight of the Navigator and how do you think it will be remade?
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 03:29:11 PM »

a great kids film that I loved when I was younger. not sure what I'd make of it now. I rewatched D.A.R.Y.L. recently for the first time since I was about 10 and while I remembered liking it back then, it bored me now

doesn't need to be remade though surely....

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Bushma

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 10:13:30 PM »

I loved and still love this movie, I even got my kids into this movie. Its a great family film that's doesn't get too heavy handed and is fun to watch.

This and Explorers are my favorite kid/spaceship movies from the 80s.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 05:39:36 PM »

A film for nostalgic buffs. My favorite scene was our young hero rocking out to the Beach Boys' "I Get Around."

The reason that there is talk of it being remade is that it was regarded as being a financial failure at the box office, when it was 1st released in 1986. Which means it is now regarded as being underrated.

And if the voice of Max sounds familiar, it is because it was voiced by Paul "Pee Wee Herman" Reubens. Who was listed as Paul Mall on the credits.
dean

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 09:43:33 PM »

I'm skeptical about remakes generally but this is one that I'd be keen on. A lot of potential for 'get off the smartphone/game console and explore the universe' themes which I think would be an interesting take these days. 

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Your thoughts on this film? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.