Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:56:08 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  IS BADMOVIES.ORG defunct?? Where are new reviews!!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: IS BADMOVIES.ORG defunct?? Where are new reviews!!!!  (Read 13239 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 01:39:51 PM »

We also need your left thumb for identification purposes. 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
316zombie
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 01:44:36 PM »

i'm out,then. can't be a lefthanded cook without a thumb.
Flangepart

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »

i'm out,then. can't be a lefthanded cook without a thumb.
So, it has to be your thumb already?...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
316zombie
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 03:53:08 PM »

well,gee,i thought it was a response to my previous post!
Flangepart

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 05:00:50 PM »

well,gee,i thought it was a response to my previous post!
Ah...ment to to read as "use someone else's thumb"...check out the shop of a clumsy butcher, so to speak.

316zombie
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 06:22:11 PM »

oh! okay!  Cheers
shadeclan
New Visitor

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 11:40:26 AM »

Hey, so long as Andrew wasn't cacked in Iraq, Syria or wherever. 

I would like to know if the lack of reviews is due to him being deployed and if everything's OK with him and his family.  We bad movie lovers need to stick together.  So many of us are dying off, usually from brain hemorrhage after watching Hobgoblins or Red Zone Cuba. Smile
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 12:29:43 PM »

Hey, so long as Andrew wasn't cacked in Iraq, Syria or wherever. 

I would like to know if the lack of reviews is due to him being deployed and if everything's OK with him and his family.  We bad movie lovers need to stick together.  So many of us are dying off, usually from brain hemorrhage after watching Hobgoblins or Red Zone Cuba. Smile

He stopped in last week, and has a couple reviews in the pipeline.  He's a busy man.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Flangepart

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 05:37:33 PM »

Good! We'd expect nothing less.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2014, 06:02:12 PM »

Let me chime in.  I have known this thread was here, but usually don't respond to threads that might be bait or alarmist about the site being over.  I'm always lurking here, because there are still a number of administrative tasks I regularly complete on the site, both forum and server side.  The good Rev does beat me to the punch on banning spammers quite often, but I manage to take care of some.

It has been nearly 2 years since I last posted a new review.  Mostly this has been due to family.  My mother has dementia, wouldn't leave her house, forgot to eat, suspicious of everyone and so on.  We recently finished a year's struggle to move her into an assisted living home and her weight has gone from 80lbs to 95lbs.  Sometimes she remembers who I am.

We also have the three children and they have a lot of extracurricular activities.  I coach 2 soccer teams, helped coach an Odyssey of the Mind team, am a cub scout den leader, and had a load of additional billets at the unit.  My work week has been 60-70 hours, and I live over an hour from the unit.  With the kids' activities and my work, free time has been scarce.

When it has come down to spending 8 hours on a review or doing something else - I've been doing the something else.  If it's for me, it's often been mountain biking.  If it's for the kids then it has been teaching them mountain biking (all three  love to ride singletrack), kid's running club, teaching them to build model rockets, family get-togethers, and the like.

I'm retiring from the Marine Corps shortly, and I cannot imagine any civilian employment I take not resulting in a substantial drop in the hours I spend working.

So, I'm still here, and would love to post some new reviews.  Hopefully that will happen soon.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 07:18:21 PM »

No worries, Andrew - family is family, and this is, after all, just a website.  Take care of what you need to take care of, and when you have time to do some new reviews, we'll enjoy them.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Bushma

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 08:25:11 PM »

No worries, Andrew - family is family, and this is, after all, just a website.  Take care of what you need to take care of, and when you have time to do some new reviews, we'll enjoy them.

I'll second that except for "and this is, after all, just a website". This is an accomplishment and a community, and I'm sure this community agrees with your choices Andrew.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 08:51:16 PM »

You are right there - this is my favorite online home!
But, for Andrew, there are other, greater priorities right now.
We can muddle along just fine without him while he takes care of his family.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 09:12:33 PM »

To be honest I'd say I value the forums more than the reviews. Sorry, Andrew, I am not saying you're reviews are bad but every time I come on its for the forums.

Javakoala
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2014, 09:22:54 PM »

I agree. It's the forum and the dwellers within that make this place my favorite virtual home.

And not to be a snot, but referencing Andrew getting "cacked" was, at the very least, in bad taste. I work for the VA, and, my political views aside, I love our soldiers and veterans (even the nasty cranky ones who chew my butt out). They have done, and are doing, work that I know I couldn't do, and they are doing it out of respect for their country or family or heritage or any combination of those. They sure as hell aren't doing for the paychecks.

Save your "cacked" comments for your buddies on GTA IV. Please.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  IS BADMOVIES.ORG defunct?? Where are new reviews!!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.