Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:11:18 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  First Images of Wonder Woman from Dawn of Justice « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First Images of Wonder Woman from Dawn of Justice  (Read 8160 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: July 27, 2014, 12:37:41 PM »

Released from Comic-Con, the first images of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

Doesn't look bad, I don't hate it.  The color is too murky , but that might just be the picture.  I will say she's still a little to small for my vision of WW.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 12:44:41 PM »

On the one hand, it does embody the concept of the Themysciran warrior, on the other hand, it looks too much like Xena...
The magic lasso kinda clashes with the rest of the outfit...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 01:13:44 PM »

I don't get why Wonder Woman would need a sword? She has super strength and can fly. About the only heroes in the DC universe more powerful are Superman, perhaps Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, the Flash and Firestorm....

I agree that she doesn't look right. We were spoiled by Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman from the TV series. I don't think anyone else will ever look as right in the role honestly.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 01:35:07 PM »

I don't get why Wonder Woman would need a sword? She has super strength and can fly. About the only heroes in the DC universe more powerful are Superman, perhaps Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, the Flash and Firestorm....

I agree that she doesn't look right. We were spoiled by Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman from the TV series. I don't think anyone else will ever look as right in the role honestly.

That's another thing I don't get... Why are the likes of Super Man & Spider Man still wearing the form fitting pastel tights, but we haven't been able to get a decent Wonder Woman because they "want to try & get away from The Lynda Costume " for something more conservative/badass - Less skimpy/objectifying?

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 04:58:28 PM »

I really hope that's just the tinting and they didn't actually decide to go with a mostly brown Wonder Woman costume. 

Other than that, it looks fine.  I like it a lot better than the more recent Batman and Superman costumes. 
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 06:19:31 PM »

I have no problem with the actress playing Wonder Woman, and I think it is about time that there was a big screen version of Wonder Woman, my problem lies with her armor. What was wrong with the old red, white, and blue armor in the original? As I am afraid that the darker armor indicates a darker tone in the film, then what we have seen before, and that just seems so wrong (IMHO.)
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 04:14:09 PM »

Continuing with my previous post, that image explains, to me, what is wrong with DC and right with Marvel.

1. Tone
a. DC: Darker
b. Marvel: Lighter. Not that Marvel can't be serious, but the lighter tone of their films, compared to DC, for me, makes them more enjoyable to watch.

2. Casting
a. DC: there is nothing wrong with casting Ben Affleck in the two upcoming Batman films, but . . . ?
b. Marvel: who'd have thought of casting Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas in the upcoming "Ant Man." Not me, as that casting is so original.

3. Characters
a. DC: Bold. A Wonder Woman. An iconic character who has already had some success. If not the big screen, then on TV.
b. Marvel: Bolder. Guardians of the Galaxy. Expected to be a flop, because the characters are so little known, relatively speaking. It now looks to be a probable hit.

4. Audience expectation and trust
a. DC: Wonder Woman carries a sword instead of her magic lasso, because, to me, DC does not expect nor trust the audience for the film to understand her use of the lasso.
b. Marvel: While there have been some changes in the characters between the original comics and the remake films, there seems to be less change, which, again to me, would signal that Marvel expects the trust of the audience for the film to understand.

5. Partner
a. DC: Warner Bros. Nothing wrong with that, but . . .
b. Marvel: Walt Disney Company. Say whatever you want about the Company, they know how to promote the hell out of most films.

And we shall see what we will see!
LilCerberus

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 04:28:13 PM »

4. Audience expectation and trust
a. DC: Wonder Woman carries a sword instead of her magic lasso, because, to me, DC does not expect nor trust the audience for the film to understand her use of the lasso.
b. Marvel: While there have been some changes in the characters between the original comics and the remake films, there seems to be less change, which, again to me, would signal that Marvel expects the trust of the audience for the film to understand.

It's kinda hard to tell from this picture, but she does have the magic lasso... Just sayin'

akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 04:51:52 PM »

Not as bad as I had expected.  I can look at the character and say, "Hey, that's Wonder Woman."

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Javakoala
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 09:18:57 PM »

Dump Wonder Woman and just make a badass, R-rated Xena movie.

And when did Wonder Woman get the ability to fly? She had her invisible plane. Of course, that would look silly.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 09:56:11 PM »

No reason we can't have both.   

And having Xena appear in a Superman vs Batman movie wouldn't really work. 

And when did Wonder Woman get the ability to fly?
In comics.  In the 80s.  

She may or may not still have an Invisible jet depending on the writer at any given time.  
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:59:19 PM by Chainsaw midget » Logged
Javakoala
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 02:22:12 PM »

No reason we can't have both.   

And having Xena appear in a Superman vs Batman movie wouldn't really work. 

And when did Wonder Woman get the ability to fly?
In comics.  In the 80s.  

She may or may not still have an Invisible jet depending on the writer at any given time.  

Jeez, another reason to hate the 80s. Like we needed another.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  First Images of Wonder Woman from Dawn of Justice « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.