Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:48:50 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I feel sick..... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I feel sick.....  (Read 5912 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 30, 2014, 08:40:54 AM »

On 11th July, I had an enquiry about material we hold on certain subjects and replied to the person within one working day, asking for more information and also letting them know that the material we hold is not ours, meaning royalties etc have to be paid to places like the BBC and CBS, among others. I sent them the email and copied it to my Hotmail address: done and dusted.

This morning, I got an email saying that a complaint by this person had been lodged against my place of work on the government complaints hotline, stating that they had not heard from anyone here, while I had responded quickly, letting the client know how things are done here.

Now, I have a charge looming over my head despite the fact that I have done my work and can prove it: I f*****g hate this life.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 09:11:26 AM »

Your proof that you responded quickly doesn't count for anything? That's an idiotic approach to investigating complaints.

I say get the guy's address and mail him your worst pair of undies in a film can labeled with the title he was looking for. That'll teach him.

Seriously, I hope the people who look into complaints figure out the truth.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:02:43 AM »

On 11th July, I had an enquiry about material we hold on certain subjects and replied to the person within one working day, asking for more information and also letting them know that the material we hold is not ours, meaning royalties etc have to be paid to places like the BBC and CBS, among others. I sent them the email and copied it to my Hotmail address: done and dusted.

This morning, I got an email saying that a complaint by this person had been lodged against my place of work on the government complaints hotline, stating that they had not heard from anyone here, while I had responded quickly, letting the client know how things are done here.

Now, I have a charge looming over my head despite the fact that I have done my work and can prove it: I f*****g hate this life.  Bluesad

So this is like... equivalent of data protection act stuff? or DMCA? I'm confused but it sounds bloody annoying, with things like this I tend to audio record EVERYTHING, my dad always writes down times he sent an email or made a phonecall as well for stuff like this.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:41:39 AM »

Evidence and truth are on your side.  You will prevail!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 10:55:25 AM »

That's why God made hit men and baseball bats, Trevor.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Flangepart

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 12:51:51 PM »

Either the doof didn't get the message (Glitch) or is trying to give you place the flying didgit. Either way, let clown swivel on it.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 06:24:14 AM »

I say get the guy's address and mail him your worst pair of undies in a film can labeled with the title he was looking for. That'll teach him.

It's a lady, unfortunately: I never raise my hand or undies to a lady.  TeddyR TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 06:25:05 AM »

Evidence and truth are on your side.  You will prevail!

So are the undies I am about to fling....  Buggedout Wink Wink

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 06:28:41 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

My weapon of choice is one of these:

Wink Wink

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 06:30:55 AM »

Either the doof didn't get the message (Glitch) or is trying to give you place the flying didgit. Either way, let clown swivel on it.

I honestly don't know what happened: my supervisor sent through the email in the afternoon (I had left already) and by 08h00 the next morning, I had replied to the client.

Anyway, I seem to be in the clear for now as I could prove that I had sent the mail.  TeddyR

Archivist

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 09:47:03 PM »

Great to hear, Trevor.  As a rule of thumb, I keep complete backups of all my emails.  This has proven useful on more than one occasion.

Two that spring to mind involve web designers. 

Years ago, I worked for a company that provided web optimization services including landing pages.  We created one for a web designer as a trial, on the proviso that if it worked, he would pay for the service.  Some months later, after the landing page had been on the first page of Google for quite a while, I emailed him to remind him of the agreement.  He claimed to have said no such thing; whereupon I forwarded him the email in which he did agree.  I heard nothing back from him, so we just deleted the landing page and they went back into the mires of page five or six.

Another fellow was far worse.  He abused the landing page system and essentially created a giant link farm, with every page linking back to each other, with vast lists of keywords and sites that just looked like utter rubbish.  After some emails, he got into line and cleaned up the link farm, and continued to use the service.  He renewed (paid) for another year.  The following year, he didn't want to pay again, and claimed that he didn't know he had to renew at all.  Once again, I sent through the emails that noted that he had paid for a year already and agreed to continue to pay.  Again, nothing came back from him, so we deleted dozens of his sites.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Bushma

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 09:54:23 PM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Wink Wink

Trevor, I'm sorry but I'm American. Is that a cricket bat?

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 01:09:25 AM »

Great to hear, Trevor.  As a rule of thumb, I keep complete backups of all my emails.  This has proven useful on more than one occasion.

Two that spring to mind involve web designers. 

Years ago, I worked for a company that provided web optimization services including landing pages.  We created one for a web designer as a trial, on the proviso that if it worked, he would pay for the service.  Some months later, after the landing page had been on the first page of Google for quite a while, I emailed him to remind him of the agreement.  He claimed to have said no such thing; whereupon I forwarded him the email in which he did agree.  I heard nothing back from him, so we just deleted the landing page and they went back into the mires of page five or six.

Another fellow was far worse.  He abused the landing page system and essentially created a giant link farm, with every page linking back to each other, with vast lists of keywords and sites that just looked like utter rubbish.  After some emails, he got into line and cleaned up the link farm, and continued to use the service.  He renewed (paid) for another year.  The following year, he didn't want to pay again, and claimed that he didn't know he had to renew at all.  Once again, I sent through the emails that noted that he had paid for a year already and agreed to continue to pay.  Again, nothing came back from him, so we deleted dozens of his sites.

I was told years ago to always send my work email enquiries to my Hotmail address and I was against it for a while as it seemed like too much work, until I realized this is proof that I had done my work. I was lucky that I did it as I would have been in serious kak if I didn't.  TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 01:13:40 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Wink Wink

Yessir: a couple of pounds of the finest English willow you will ever hold in your hands, made by the firm of Duncan Fearnley in the UK. Thumbup

www.fearnleycricket.co.uk

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 02:28:13 PM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Wink Wink

Yessir: a couple of pounds of the finest English willow you will ever hold in your hands, made by the firm of Duncan Fearnley in the UK. Thumbup

www.fearnleycricket.co.uk

I thought it was one of those home pregnancy test things.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I feel sick..... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.