Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:45:30 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Ghost and woman tv show or movie « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ghost and woman tv show or movie  (Read 14578 times)
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« on: August 05, 2014, 12:11:11 AM »

O-k, first off, this is not Beetle Juice or the 80s version of Halloween when Michael Myers impersonates a ghost once. I saw this in 1990 or 1991, when I was a kid, and I saw it on TV, I don't know whether or not it is a TV show or film, and I only remember this scene. This wavy haired woman (cannot remember what she was wearing, maybe a robe) is seen lying in bed in her pitch dark bedroom. She hears a noise, she asks if anyone is there, no response, but we see a ghost (the size of an adult) walking up two steps of white wooden stairs (banisters) in a hallway, the walls were light brown, maybe a little orange. The ghost was wearing, I think, a light blue plain bed-sheet over itself. When the ghost finally approaches her room, the woman says something, I think she calls out someone's name, maybe the name of her former lover or some other man she knew. The ghost did not response, it just floats still in the doorway, it then flies towards her fast. The woman is seen still lying in bed (room is still dark), stays there. She tries to kick it away with her legs and screams constantly moving her her around. As the woman is screaming staring up at it, the ghost floats around constantly trying to move its head. I think it had a piece of brown string around its neck, maybe the man was hung. Now, I am not one hundred percent sure of this, but I believe the ghost came back for revenge. I think the bedroom was set in a hotel, because I vaguely remember one of those lamps that hangs on the wall that is usually seen in hotel rooms. I think there was also a big mirror. For some reason, I think it could also have been set near the waters, but maybe that is just my mind playing tricks on me. Now, I have been trying to find this title for years, but cannot find anything. I think it is one of those paranormal ghost TV shows, it is not from Haunted Lives - True Ghost Stories, Ghost Watch, or Unsolved Mysteries to the best of my knowledge, perhaps an episode of Tales from the Unexpected or Amazing Stories? Can anyone please help? I would love to solve this once and for all, and put this to rest, no pun intended.
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 11:20:25 AM »

Can't find how to edit. I just want to add. The scene I am describing is quite similar to the scene when the man in bed encounters the witch/ghost from the 1989 version of the Woman in Black, it is on You-Tube. I think I might be referring to one of the BBC Ghost Story For Christmas shorts, I will look them up. Please help, thanks.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 01:08:04 PM »

There are a ton of details in this that don't match what I'm going to suggest but... time can play crazy tricks on memory.
You might be thinking of WHISTLE AND I'LL COME TO YOU (68).
You can watch the whole thing here, I highly recommend it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUQzd-7dn4
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 04:35:40 PM »

Was there a more recent version of that? As mentioned, I remember seeing this around 1990-1991, I did leave out that I saw it in color though, sorry about that. It could be Witchcraft (1988), but I just saw images, have not watched the film. Was there also a movie called Ghost Story in 1974? It was not Ghost Story in 1981, I saw that one.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 05:31:09 PM »

Was there a more recent version of that? As mentioned, I remember seeing this around 1990-1991, I did leave out that I saw it in color though, sorry about that. It could be Witchcraft (1988), but I just saw images, have not watched the film. Was there also a movie called Ghost Story in 1974? It was not Ghost Story in 1981, I saw that one.
The 70s Ghost Story was a tv series better known as "Circle Of Fear" but the stories sound similar to something you might have seen.
Was it for sure a horror/suspense/thriller?  If not maybe check out HIGH SPIRITS.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 06:35:21 PM »

I saw High Spirits and own it, that's not it. I can't remember if this had more of a horror atmosphere or a comedy atmosphere, but it was intended not to be funny just very scary. I am quite sure the woman knew the ghost that tried to torment her. It is NOT the Haunting of Sarah Hardy or the 1991 made-for-TV movie, the Haunted. I have a strong suspicion that this was supposedly loosely based on a true story. I wish I can remember more, but sadly, I can't. It is also not Ghost Busters 1 or 2, obviously. It is QUITE similar to the scene from the 1989 film, the Woman in Black, when the witch (or ghost) scared the man laying in bed, but I think this ghost was male, and I definitely remember the victim was a woman, not girl, woman. Another possibility is the Legend of Hell House. Now, I know I said I remember a string tied around the ghost's neck, but maybe it was wrapped around the ghost's body, so maybe the ghost drowned.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 01:44:31 AM »

Possibly Les Diaboliques? Or the remake Diabolique ? In any case, definitely suspect Les Diaboliques was an influence here....the dates don't match though...Les Diaboliques came out in 1955 and the remake was done in 1996...according to wikipedia though, it's been basically remade several other times under the titles Reflections of Murder (1974), House of Secrets (1993), and Games (1967)...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »

Hope you're right, I will check on those.
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 09:17:47 PM »

Just for the head's up. This scene is NOT from Halloween (80s) or Beetle Juice, though it could have easily been mistaken from being either film. I saw it as a kid (in 1990-1992). Main details:

Spooky organ music during ghost encounter

Ghost made its way up two steps of stairs

Ghost was wrapped in whitish or bluish bed sheet

Ghost did not wear glasses and did not have hands, feet, or a face (or any visible hands, feet, or face)

Hallway looks much like the walls and stairs from the Stanley Hotel, hallway lights were on (night scene if I remember right, cannot remember what outside looks like)

Quite possibly from a ghost paranormal show (Unsolved Mysteries, Haunted Lives - True Ghost Stories, Ghost Watch) (cannot remember if it was an interview or entire ghost encounter reenactment), vaguely remember this being loosely based on a true story; ghost came back for revenge if I remember right

Room was pitch dark

Ghost stood still in doorway and flew quickly to the woman; as it does, the woman still lays in bed, screaming moving her head around, trying to kick ghost away with her covered legs, stares up at it while ghost does nothing but floats up at her constantly trying to lower its head

Anyway, does anyone know what I am talking about at all? This has been bugging me for years and no one has any clue what I am talking about.
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 07:46:09 PM »

Any more ideas? The film could simply be Halloween (80s) or Beetle Juice, maybe I am getting my facts wrong. I was a kid when I saw it, I saw it in 1990-92 (once again), and it was in color, can't remember if it was a TV show or movie. Any other ideas? I am open to anything.
retrorussell

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 09:01:08 PM »

No guesses, but maybe parts of the movie you can remember for sure can be translated into keywords (like: ghost and sheet) and put into a search on Internet Movie Database.  On the home page at the top is a search bar; change the "All" pull-down criteria to "Keywords" and type in words that pertain to the movie you're looking for.  You'll get some movie results related to your criteria; you might find your movie in there.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 11:24:19 PM »

All I got was bedsheet-ghost and bedsheet-ghosts, one title per, all I got though was Beetle Juice. Maybe it was the film, and I am dead wrong (no pun intended) about the details. I wish I could remember more and how the scene exactly played out.
retrorussell

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 05:28:14 PM »

Yeah, I don't think the bedsheet-ghost scene was in Beetlejuice.  Maybe it's one of the ghost paranormal tv-shows you're thinking of; maybe check them out on Wikipedia and look up their episode lists.  See if they're descriptive enough to jog your memory further.

316zombie
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 11:51:43 PM »

the entity? 1981?
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 06:15:15 PM »

It is not the Entity. It is sort of a combination between Beetle Juice, the Outer Limits episode: Wolf 359, and the 80s version of the Woman in Black (witch-ghost bedroom scene). It probably was Beetle Juice and I am not remembering it right, but I have a feeling it was one of those paranormal shows, probably not a US one?
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Ghost and woman tv show or movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.