Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:36:48 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)  (Read 8579 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 10:25:57 PM »

have you seen what Judith Hoag looks like now? she is hot as hell now. funny enough that she was i believe in her 20's when she did the 1st film 25 years ago. and her looks have vastly improved and so as her acting as well.

though my favorite April is "Paige Turco' she was hot than and still is. i still to this day have a thing for her. great actress too. i love her in American Gothic a vastly under rated show i think as for the new TMNT film yeah i'll prolly watch that one too. i don't remember Baxter Stockman being in it but than i've only seen it once awhile back. i have been wanting to see Bebop & Rocksteady in a feature film since i was a kid. they were suppose to do that for Secret of the ooze but we

got Tokar & Razarr instead. i forget why they didn't do it. i'd also love to see Krang be in it as well. have him be in that body and yeah that would have to be CGI and for that if it's done well i wouldn't have minded cause if you put him in the 90's films it would have looked terrible i think cause the technology just wasn't there yet. and it'd be interesting if they brought Dimension X into as well. what i'd also love to see is if they brought some the characters from the Comics well

the Archie Comics i read as  kid such as Man Ray and  had Null has a villian he was a great villian too. it's been awhile since i last read my issues of that. and Ralph even had a Girlfriend in those comics and i forget her name right now.

but at one point they had the current turtles go into the future and you see a different bad ass turtles and they were so vastly different from the present day turtles. if anyone has read those comics or if it was just me please by all means let me know.  i just don't want to be the only person here who is talking about Characters that nobody has even heard of. he he
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 06:22:46 AM »

Bebop and Rocksteady didn't get used because they were created exclusively for the show, and they would've paid a hefty fee to the studio and network for using them. So Tokka and Rahzar were created. Plus, Eastman and Laird hated Bebop and Rocksteady.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
pennywise37

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 08:52:30 PM »

the thing with those guys is those guys i think care more about money than they do their own creations these days.
so i've pretty much lost a great deal of respect i had for them. kinda how like Disney is so afraid of losing Mickey that they keep extending the copywrite year now it's what every 75 years? i forget at the moment, cause they are so afraid someone will make a Mickey mouse cartoon even though it would only be the steam boat willie era that they'd have rights to and not the mickey mouse of today.

sorry about going off topic, my point is that from Eastman & Laird's they i don't even think even own the rights to their creation anymore. Disney as much as i hate what they stand for when it comes to copywriting. at least still owns their product. the site they used to have which is no longer around sadly used to be a great site that had all the cover art for all the archie comic's issues plus their black & White issues as well i believe. now it's just a blog that one of the guys does.

not the same thing in my book.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 09:16:50 PM »

. i'd also love to see Krang be in it as well. have him be in that body and yeah that would have to be CGI and for that if it's done well i wouldn't have minded cause if you put him in the 90's films it would have looked terrible i think cause the technology just wasn't there yet. and it'd be interesting if they brought Dimension X into as well. what i'd also love to see is if they brought some the characters from the Comics well

Early versions of the script had the scientist that helped the turtles in TMNT 2 actually being one of the Krang aliens.  Also the technology to do a decent looking Krang did exist at the time.  When you have a chance, check out the 1980's remake of Invaders from Mars.  The lead alien is a giant living brain and gives you a good idea what a practical FX Krang would have looked like.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 02:04:23 AM »

the thing with those guys is those guys i think care more about money than they do their own creations these days.
All the days, welcome to capitalism..

Disney is so afraid of losing Mickey that they keep extending the copywrite year now it's what every 75 years?
...and to the US.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 06:10:37 AM »

so i've pretty much lost a great deal of respect i had for them. kinda how like Disney is so afraid of losing Mickey that they keep extending the copywrite year now it's what every 75 years? i forget at the moment, cause they are so afraid someone will make a Mickey mouse cartoon even though it would only be the steam boat willie era that they'd have rights to and not the mickey mouse of today.

sorry about going off topic, my point is that from Eastman & Laird's they i don't even think even own the rights to their creation anymore. Disney as much as i hate what they stand for when it comes to copywriting. at least still owns their product. the site they used to have which is no longer around sadly used to be a great site that had all the cover art for all the archie comic's issues plus their black & White issues as well i believe. now it's just a blog that one of the guys does.

not the same thing in my book.
Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird had a strained relationship at one point.  They co-owned the Turtles, 50-50.  In 2000, Eastman sold around 30% of his stake to Laird, making it 80-20.  At which point Laird started work on the 2003 cartoon and video game series.  Whatever profits there were got split 80-20.  In 2009, Laird bought out the remaining 20% of Eastman's stock.  In 2012, Laird sold all rights to the TMNT to Nickelodeon for reportedly around $60 Million Dollars.  Part of said deal allows Laird to still make black and white comics each year.  Kevin Eastman had virtually nothing to do with the deal, however Nickelodeon launched a new cartoon in 2012 and the producers of that brought Eastman on as a creative adviser, so he helps come up with ideas and stories for the show.  Neither Eastman nor Laird, I believe, have anything to do with the film series, however.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 06:55:05 AM »

have you seen what Judith Hoag looks like now? she is hot as hell now. funny enough that she was i believe in her 20's when she did the 1st film 25 years ago. and her looks have vastly improved and so as her acting as well.

I still have a ginormous crush on this lady. I don't know if that's even a word, but I would faint if I met her.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
pennywise37

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 02:16:27 PM »

for her age she looks good i think. i think they should both have ownership of their creation and NOT Nickoleoden who's show looks freaking terrible my nephew who is 3 years old looks like he made it. and that's not a good thing. now don't get me wrong i love my nephew and i'll say this is good or that is good but he's 3. and i can't remember if i ever saw invaders from mars. i think i did but i don't remember if i ever saw the whole thing and if i have it's been years.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 06:46:17 PM »

The new TMNT cartoon on Nick, while it looks bad, is actually pretty good on a creative level.  Well written, funny, action.  And it features loads of cameos by actors from the franchise's past. 

pennywise37

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 07:17:06 PM »

i've actually never seen it before, so you aren't going to hear from me how bad it is. i do know that Corey Feldman did the voice of Slash though
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 08:10:12 PM »

Feldman was on it.  Robbie Rist, who voiced Michaelangelo in the 3 TMNT flicks, voices Mondo Gecko.  Rob Paulsen, who voiced Rapheal in the '80s-90s toon, voices Donatello here.  Kevin Eastman, creator, is a consultant and does the occasional voice when needed. 

One thing I liked was, they introduced the Punk Frogs in this show, and Jon Heder, who played Napoleon Dynamite, voiced Napoleon Bonafrog  BounceGiggle

etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 08:50:12 PM »

The new TMNT cartoon on Nick, while it looks bad, is actually pretty good on a creative level.  Well written, funny, action.  And it features loads of cameos by actors from the franchise's past. 
I personally never got this "look bad" feeling. I find the mix between 3d, anime, and comic style beautiful. And I agree about the rest.
pennywise37

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2015, 10:26:53 PM »

my favorite one will always be the 80's cartoon but i actually did enjoy the reboot in (2003) i just haven't gotten around to watch the current reboot. but i'm sorry cartoons these days look like Sh*t.  the animation is terrible, the CGI ones i'm leaving out cause those look fine but the ones that are still hand drawn look terrible. they look like a 3rd grader drew them.

but the animation for the 80's and the (2003) cartoon had great animation to be honest.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2015, 01:37:16 AM »

I'm probably the only TMNT fan who liked the third turtles film: it was the wacky humor which got me.  Smile

I know most people went like THIS when they saw it  Buggedout

but I liked it.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 02:44:39 AM »

About the classic three movies I pretty much agree with James Rolfe.

Here he explains using his screen persona "The Angry Game Nerd:"
http://cinemassacre.com/2007/01/25/tmnt-part-1/
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.