Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:30:46 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  V/H/S and V/H/S/2 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: V/H/S and V/H/S/2  (Read 2398 times)
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« on: August 10, 2014, 09:00:40 AM »

I saw scenes from the second movie "Safe Haven" After... How should I put this. Coming into the living room at a party after getting out off a bad trip I was having that night. I was like "What... No... What?!" And. I managed to watch the first and second one and get the gist off this movie. Both are about people who uncover a archive off VHS tapes with disturbing content. First movie involves criminals being paid to break into a house and retrieve a VHS tape... And find a bunch so. They are not sure which is it. Despite being told "You will know it when you see it" So they go through with them. These videos involve the strange, the paranormal, as well as lots off violence.

The second one I found scarier... But this time is privet investigators being given a job to find a woman's college aged son. They go to the house and find a bunch off VHS tapes and cause they feel curious and that it might bring answers they watch. The reason this one is scarier is cause they use the point off view filming techniques to their advantage. To make to feel what you would feel in those situations. Like running from something scary. Even though people are right that there is a lot off jump scares.

I should mention that in both films. People are affected as they watch the tapes. Badly affected and they are not always alone when they watch.

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 09:48:33 AM »

not seen these. there was quite a bit of media hype about the first one. seen reviews ranging from terrible to amazing. I bought the blu ray for my bro for his birthday, he said he'd give it 6/10. don't have a bluray player so cant borrow it off him...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 01:01:31 PM »

Some of the vignettes were quite effective, others fell completely flat IMO.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 09:00:43 PM »

I liked the mixed bag you get with both titles: some supernatural, some realistic, some "WTF?!". However, the camera work is some of the shakiest I've seen in the subgenre, a fact that made those watching it with me queasy. I guess I watch too many found-footage movies. Lookingup

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Bushma

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 11:34:14 PM »

I watched both of these films. I really enjoyed the first one. The second one seemed like a really bad direct to video release, which could be why I don't remember it being in theaters. I'd recommend the first one and suggest skipping the second.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 02:17:44 AM »

I liked the mixed bag you get with both titles: some supernatural, some realistic, some "WTF?!". However, the camera work is some of the shakiest I've seen in the subgenre, a fact that made those watching it with me queasy. I guess I watch too many found-footage movies. Lookingup
ergh, this is a pet hate of mine. I couldn't even make it halfway through Cloverfield...

a bit of shakey cam here and there for realism is fine, when they overdo it I can't watch

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Javakoala
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 02:39:10 PM »

I guess my grumpy-inner-old-man is getting the better of me. I watched the first one after reading this thread. While I've spent worse times watching movies, I couldn't really care for any of the characters, except the poor girl being haunted in her apartment. Nearly every single one of the characters was pretty one dimensional. And the only personality slapped on most of them was one of entitled, self-satisfying jackass. Most of the characters got what they deserved, though, sadly, not nearly fast enough.

Other than that, it was nifty!  Lookingup
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  V/H/S and V/H/S/2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.