Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:42:49 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster or Godzilla vs. Monster Zero? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster or Godzilla vs. Monster Zero?  (Read 2143 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 12, 2014, 09:47:08 PM »

It seems like out of the 60s Godzilla movies with King Ghidorah the big bad guy there is a rift in which of these two is better, I think more side with Three Headed Monster.

I've re-watched both recently and I got to side with Monster Zero to be honest. Even as a little kid Three Headed Monster always seemed pretty dry and could never quite hold my attention despite it have Godzilla and Rodan fighting and of course the finale at the end. Not saying it's bad but it feels really burnt out in a way, Toho put out three monster/sci-fi movies that year. One was Mothra vs. Godzilla which is one of the greatest of the Godzilla movies. Something about the look of Ghidrah is just dry and Godzilla vs. Rodan just seems wasted since it felt more like slapstick first and giant monster fight second. Which is a shame since this would have been like Iron Man fighting Thor in The Avengers. But don't get me wrong Ghidorah himself is great along with all the destruction he causes and I liked Mothra basically being the one to sucker punch Ghidrah with simple spinning silk.

As a kid I liked Monster Zero more and as an adult I appreciate it just looks better and felt more polished. Shame they dropped Mothra, could have even grown to an adult Mothra and we'd have had a rematch. I admit, downside: Ghidorah starts becoming a lackey to whatever alien race is attacking. Kind of a problem with Ghidorah, spectacle on screen but not much meat, even for a giant monster. I'd like another Godzilla movie where he's more of a space abomination of destruction. Any Monster Zero also had a nice star crossed galaxy love, I like Nick Adams in these old Toho and the goofiness that apparently only one guy can make the certain pitch that can defeat the people of X. Also Ghidorah just looks better than ever here and actually gets attacked by artillery.

I know I should like Three Headed more just for having one more monster but darn it that dry factor got to me even as a kid.

But I am also of the camp that thinks best King Ghidorah is Grand King Ghidorah from Rebirth of Mothra three.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Flangepart

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:37:08 AM »

Ya know...Ghidorah always seemed hard to buy into. I always think of the three headed knight from M Python and the H. Grail. Even before that movie was made I thought 'No wonder his beams keep missing. Some other head is thinking 'lets shoot that!-"No lets shoot that!"...idiot.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »

I must disagree, I'm a big classic Ghidorah Fan,  the 21st century take on it is less enamoring.  I love Ghiodorah as the bad guy, and the sounds were just cool...
King Ghidorah 1964-1972 Roars Small | Large

-Ed the Three headed Monster Zero

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 07:56:08 AM »

Ghidrah is the man (er-monster)!
He's got 3 dam heads! 3-count em-3!!!
As humans we have 2-and one of them is useless in battle!
Unless your a John Holmes type of f**ker. Can just swing your dick and knock folks out.
I dont know what the f**k I'm talking about.
Too early for me to be drunk-but guess what?  Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 06:25:49 PM »

I like both  Thumbup

The best Ghidorah film though is probably the 90s version Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991).

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 07:38:20 PM »

I'll go with Monster Zero  Not only did it have a better story, but it introduced the Xillians- probably the most recognizable humanoid alien race from the Toho movies.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster or Godzilla vs. Monster Zero? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.