Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:19:51 AM
714355 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The most annoying character ever? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The most annoying character ever?  (Read 8489 times)
J.R.
« on: May 08, 2002, 01:32:00 AM »

We can all agree that bad casting and dumb as dirt dialogue were the worst parts of Jason X (made-for-sci-fi-channel quality special effects running a close third). The character of Janessa compacts those problems more than any other, making her possibly the most annoying character I've ever seen. I liked Jar Jar more. At every turn she had something mind-numbingly inane to say in the voice of a mentally handicapped child and she wasn't even that good looking.
chris
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2002, 10:12:02 AM »

Pierce Brosnan in The Langoliers.  I know he was supposed to be annoying, but cripes, that was going overboard.  He screamed every line!  It's like he didn't know how to play the character so he just yelled.  Imagine an alarm clock going off every time he opens his mouth and you'll get the idea.
AndyC
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2002, 01:19:30 PM »

Basically, any child character clearly thrown into an adventure for no other reason but to give kids in the audience someone to identify with. Even as a kid, I hated those characters.

Also, any cartoonish character awkwardly stuck into a 'serious' movie just to be cute and marketable and funny. This includes the alien pet in the Lost in Space movie and half the characters in The Phantom Menace, among others.

This, of course, only applies to genres I enjoy. Those I don't enjoy might be chock full of annoying characters.
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2002, 02:48:28 PM »

Ye, verily. Any Kenny is a bad Kenny. "Meteorites" was on sci-fi the other day, and i wanted a rock to drop on that Neo-Kenny so bad!  But noooooooo......also, any character that your expected to feel bad about his death, because...well....your just supposed to! No reason, its in the script. "Lt. Deadmeat", the ultimate sacrifical ham...er, lamb. Also....any kid ,or adult that keeps yelling or screaming the hero's, or other character's names. Eraghh! I hate that! That kid in "Meterorites" kept yelling "Grampa,Grampa, Grampa..." if i'd been Anthony Zerbe, i'd a hit the brat over the head with part of a truck. "Sorry, honey. Joey died from a volvo rear axel through the ear. so, wanna get together with the hunkey guy and make some better...i mean more grandkids?"
J.R.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2002, 04:09:08 PM »

I agree with the characters that yell someone's name over and over. This is especially noticeable in kid's movies, because apparently no child has the mental capacity to know who the main character is. I also hate when a kid's film tries to make you feel sorry for a person's situation in life but it's really not bad. The kid lives in a house the size of a small country and has tons of friends and the cute girl down the street is crazy about him but he's not good at baseball! The only movie that ever really made me feel bad about the kid was Willy Wonka. Poor Charlie....
Lee
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2002, 04:28:41 PM »

A movie with Drew Barrymore in it!
Drezzy
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2002, 04:50:39 PM »

The most annoying characters ever are the ones that are supposed to be funny, but the writer of the script is too f**king stupid to make a good joke. See "80's Show, That" with the character of "Roger."
Future Blob
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2002, 04:57:58 PM »

I also hate the "Awww" kid, the one that is put in mortal danger even though  you KNOW it won't die. Yes, I said IT. Such creatures are not human to me and I refuse to accept them as such. They are grown in Hollywood as needed, I tell you.

And J.R., I actually LIKED Jason X! I expected bad dialogue,and the casting didn't really matter sicne they were all deadmeat eyecandy anyway.
Private Joker
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2002, 05:29:05 PM »

In the first installment of the "Child's Play" movies (with Chucky for those of you who don't know), it would have been the best one (it's the second best to me, Bride of Chucky being the best because the producers finally decided Chucky wasn't that scary) if the little kid Andy wasn't so !%*&@#$ annoying!  He never said Chucky, always Chu-cky, with a little quarter second space in between the syllables.  I was cheering for the doll (actually I always do anyway, Chucky rules).  I was saying, "C'mon, Chucky, kill him!  KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!"  Luckily Andy is a much less annoying actor in Part 2 (and 3, but it's not the same kid).
lester1/2jr
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2002, 05:31:57 PM »

i haven't read any of the responses but I know at least half of them say Jar Jar.
Erik J
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2002, 05:50:04 PM »

What about the scrawny little imp from The Mummy. He had the most annoying screech in his voice. I just could not wait for him to die in the end- if he didn't annoy the scarabs to death first that is!!
Erik J
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2002, 05:50:09 PM »

What about the scrawny little imp from The Mummy. He had the most annoying screech in his voice. I just could not wait for him to die in the end- if he didn't annoy the scarabs to death first that is!!
AndyC
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2002, 06:12:52 PM »

Jar Jar is one of those especially annoying characters, falling between bad comic relief and lame cartoony character thrown in for the kids. Either of these is bad enough on its own, but work synergistically together to make Jar Jar more annoying than the sum of his parts. Hated Jar Jar immediately after he was introduced because Lucas felt it necessary to shove him in our faces and beat us over the head with just how funny he was supposed to be. Couldn't have been worse if he'd just jumped up and down shouting "Looky Looky! Meesa funny! Meesa funny!"
Offthewall
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2002, 06:20:46 PM »

The Drummer in Josie and the p***ycats (although all the characters in that were annoying)
Erik J
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2002, 11:26:20 PM »

How about the guy in Friday the 13th. He came into the camp with Kevin Bacon and his girlfriend in the truck. He was the one who annoyed all the camp counselors with korny pranks and annoyed the police officer with his Tonto impression. He was the first to die in the camp itself--could have dragged him on a little bit longer i suppose---NOT!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The most annoying character ever? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.