Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:43:46 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The most annoying character ever? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The most annoying character ever?  (Read 8485 times)
BlackAngel
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2002, 03:52:46 AM »

Pauley Shore.  Even in a bit part, he is annoying, and Gilbert Godfried.  And speaking of that, have you also notice when watching animated movies (mostly, the anti-christ, Disney), that the main character has those sidekicks, whether it's an animal, human, or maybe a candleholder, are suppose to be the comedy relief?  Iago from Alladin is a prime example (or is it because Gilbert did the voice?)
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2002, 08:59:16 AM »

Disney animated movies, in general, are very formulaic.  It usually only takes a few minutes to figure out who's going to be playing what part in the standard setup

Iago, though, and the dragon from Mulan, had some of the best lines. They were pretty good
Erik J
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2002, 12:49:51 AM »

BlackAngel I have to agree with you on both of them. Whenever I hear either voice I feel the need to grab my ear plugs
john
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2002, 03:04:20 AM »

Jar Jar was annoying, but I really wanted to see little Jake Loyd get blown into space.

Or how about the kid in the mini-series remake of The Shining? The only time in the entire 6 hours that he actually closed his mouth was when he had to swallow. If they ever decide to make a live action Beavis & Butthead, that kid would be a shoo-in for the part of Butthead!
J.R.
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2002, 05:15:10 AM »

Yeah, the Shining kid- Courtland Mead. I honestly don't know why I remember his name. He has the same debilitating mouth problem as Puff Daddy. He and the kid (Alex D. Linz)  from Home Alone 3 and Liar, Liar, the Pepsi girl (she has possessed eyes-they're pure black and if you catch them in the right light you will see the gates of pergatory). Hollywood seems to see a kid in something, notice that they have humongous cheeks and know how to stand in front of a camera and put them in everything. And we accept that whenever we see a young child in a movie they will be horrible. Remember when they used to look for kids who could do more than just say the lines, like River Phoenix or Elijah Wood? There are kids who can really act, but apparently casting directors are lazy. Phantom Menace, though- not only was Jake Lloyd a wretched hack his friends were complete retards. Are they Lucas' kids and their friends or something?
Neville
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2002, 05:48:55 AM »

Two cathegories:

a) "Comic relief" characters that are actually annoying: John Hannah in The Mummy 1 & 2 is the perfect example. Such a good actor, he should be ashamed.

b) Characters that are so badly played / written that actually work the oppossite way they were suppossed to.

- Exhibit A: A terrible tv-movie were Stephanie Zimbalist was sent to jail, and, you know, she was suppossed to be innocent and all, but the funny thing is that when she explained what she had done she could not be more guilty. Not a real problem in itself, but the movie and the actress just tried and tried to show that she was innocent and how unfair everything was.

- Exhibit B: "Teacher's pet". Terribly funny. Jody Linn O'keefe played a pshycho who was, you know, so eeeeevil and was killing people at any time. Funny thing is that instead of femme fatale Jody looked really pathetic, and as a murderer... let's say that some of the victims actually kill themselves!!! And to round things up, when she has this "look how nuts I am" scene and she explains, evil in her eyes why she kills people, her explanation makes more sense than anything else in the movie.
Flangepart
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2002, 11:08:11 AM »

Bill Mumy. Now there was a kid i could relate to. When i was a kid, watching Lost In Space, i liked Bill. Seemed like a guy you could get along with in real life. And, as a musician, as as Lennier on B-five, he still has that same "Aura'. Check out his Barns and Barns stuff. Cool beans.
slax
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2002, 12:02:02 PM »

that kid from Planet of The Apes 2001 that refused to stay behind at the end scene
I swear I was in the theater screaming let him go and DIE!

all three of the new charlies angels particularly Cameron Diaz who I normally dont mind but was just annoying and too spunky in Charlies Angels
Private Joker
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2002, 04:10:33 PM »

Slax, I agree about Charlie's Angels, and also resent you for making me think of that awful movie again.  Charlie's Angels was total f**king s**t, and was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.  All 3 Angels would have died in real life.  I swear, I was screaming at the TV, DIE, DAMN YOU!  DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bill Murray was the only redeeming factor in the movie.  He's almost always funny, even in that superbomb Scrooged.
Lee
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2002, 11:26:15 PM »

Charlie's Angels would have been pretty cool if all three of them had died vicious agonizing deaths!
Squishy
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2002, 03:21:43 AM »

#1: The Twerp Sidekick from Deep Rising. Stephen Sommers (The Mummy "franchise") sure has a knack for annoying sidekicks, don't he? How many of you knew he was just as dead as Richard Dreyfuss in Jaws? Ayup. Simple rule: if the Twerp Sidekick dies, he dies messily onscreen. If he "dies" offscreen, he ain't dead.

#2: Idiot Children Who Get People Killed in Irwin Allen Disaster Movies. Paul from The Swarm--a role that should've gone to infamous child star Lee Montgomery if there was any justice--is the obvious one; he gets an entire town killed before dying himself (in the extended version). But there are two little kids who take the cake in ...When Time Ran Out; without a single word of dialogue, they hang around in the back until everyone's about to cross one last bridge to safety, and they just wander off--and stay "lost" long enough for the bridge to collapse, requiring a senior-citizen ex-wire-walker (played by Burgess Meredith doing the "Manny" role from The Poseidon Adventure, complete with dead wife) to carry them AND Paul Newman across its remains. It's a jaw-droppingly awful scene, and a perfect end to a perfectly awful movie. Thanks kids--whoever you were!
Neville
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2002, 11:28:30 AM »

Ladies and gentlemen, I think I have a winner: any character from an Aaron Spelling TV-series. If anybody knows anybody more annoying than Brenda, Kelly or TJ Hooker, let me know.
AndyC
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2002, 11:22:29 PM »

Jake Lloyd was definitely a weak point of the Phantom Menace. Not a very convincing performance. Now, imagine the same movie if Haley Joel Osment had played the part of Anakin. Much better.
Lee
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2002, 09:22:49 AM »

UUGGGHHH!!! I can't stand Haley Joel Osment!! That punk so gets on my nerves!
AndyC
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2002, 12:35:05 PM »

He might have played Anakin as a whiny little p***y (no change there), but he'd do it more believably.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The most annoying character ever? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.