Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:50:21 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Daughter returns home to visit father after her mother dies/commits suicide « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Daughter returns home to visit father after her mother dies/commits suicide  (Read 2201 times)
beyondbaffled
New Visitor

« on: August 17, 2014, 03:07:13 AM »

Okay I think I remember more specific details about this movie than some of the others that I have posted about.  Fingers crossed!

A young woman, possibly college age, returns home to visit her father.

I think this may be the first time she has been home since her mother died.  During the movie we find out that her mother committed suicide.  I think she hung herself on the back of a door.  And I think the father keeps that particular room closed in his house.

I also remember that the father moved his entire bedroom (all the furniture) outside.  I think he was even sleeping outside.  I think he didn't want to be in his bedroom after his wife died.

Also the father is a professor - at a college I think, not a high school.  And he has some students who are living with him.  They are all kind of different themselves and I think they respect his oddities.

I think the daughter is bothered that these people are living with her father and is afraid they may take advantage of him, but if I remember correctly they cooked for him and helped take care of him.

I think I also remember a scene where she confronts her father in an outside building, maybe a greenhouse.  I'm not sure but this may be when she discovers how her mother died.  I feel like she may have gone through some old boxes of her mother's things.

I feel as if the father was suffering from depression after his wife died.  I can't remember if he had maybe started drinking or if he was even still actively working at the time.

Any ideas?  Thanks for reading my post!
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 03:39:37 PM »

Hmmm. Parts of this sound like RUNNING WITH SCISSORS.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Daughter returns home to visit father after her mother dies/commits suicide « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.