Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:03:36 PM
714220 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ISIS « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: ISIS  (Read 28980 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 15, 2014, 09:29:50 AM »

I would imagine they didn't get their name from Archer.

For those that don't know ISIS is a terrorist group that recently emerged. They are hell bent on killing every non-muslim in the middle east. They have been beheading Christians and burying women and children alive for their faiths.

In other words, they're inhuman monsters.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 11:38:52 AM »

I think you may have posted this in the wrong section.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 07:57:59 PM »

So a terrorist group is using the name of a cheezy '70's kid show?

Small | Large

If they start calling themselves Electra Woman and Dyna Girl-the world is in deep s**t.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 08:40:34 PM »

It's an acronym for the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 09:50:33 PM »

I think you may have posted this in the wrong section.

They're all over the news, so I don't think so.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:52:57 PM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 10:37:14 PM »

This section is for press releases and film news.  You know, movie stuff, not for real world events. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 11:28:19 AM »

Aint we bombing them in Iraq right now? GOOD! Crazy cocksuckers.  Hatred

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 11:53:48 AM »

Does anyone know what the name of that flag is?
I heard it's not the ISIS flag, but some other kind of Islamic flag that's getting a bad rep, kinda like the St Andrew's Cross after the Dixiecrats commandeered it...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 07:20:43 AM »

Most Muslims are GREAT folks-its just extremist nuts like this that f**k it up for all. It would be like comparing Christians to Jim Jones. Not the same ball park.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 11:03:47 AM »

I heard about a year back the FSA were having scraps with them but didn't really at that time understand the severity of the tactics the islamic state use to run their territory. "Non-muslim tax" and all that nazi nonsense. It really is full 1984 creepy in IS controlled places right now.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 12:55:25 PM »

I wish more people in the west would read the Koran and be better informed about what motivates faithful Moslems to act as they do. Then maybe the "religion of peace" myth might be a little harder to swallow. Because of its central message of world domination by any means necessary, Islam can't be compared to other religions. Neither Sikhs nor Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Jains, Zoroastrians, Baha'i, Wiccans, Christians, or any animists I know of are directed to violent conquest as Moslems are. Groups like ISIS, while extreme, are faithful to Islam. Read the Koran. There are plenty of free apps if you can't find a physical copy. If you value tolerance, peace, human equality, free expression, democracy, universal education, the protection of children from sexual predation, as well as freedom of and from religion, you just may be shocked at what Mohammad directed his followers to do.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »

I get what you are saying ER but I think it is possible to be compared, there are plenty of christians that are OK with homosexuality for example despite what the bible says.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 01:43:28 PM »

I wish more people in the west would read the Koran and be better informed about what motivates faithful Moslems to act as they do. Then maybe the "religion of peace" myth might be a little harder to swallow. Because of its central message of world domination by any means necessary, Islam can't be compared to other religions. Neither Sikhs nor Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Jains, Zoroastrians, Baha'i, Wiccans, Christians, or any animists I know of are directed to violent conquest as Moslems are. Groups like ISIS, while extreme, are faithful to Islam. Read the Koran. There are plenty of free apps if you can't find a physical copy. If you value tolerance, peace, human equality, free expression, democracy, universal education, the protection of children from sexual predation, as well as freedom of and from religion, you just may be shocked at what Mohammad directed his followers to do.

Im an atheist.I dont give a flying f**k about their religion. I KNOW they are murdering scumbags. f**k THEM. What Obama is doing-bombing them-is right. I would think you Republicans would be on his side.

Of course-with politics-it aint about right-its about who has money funding. Right?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:48:38 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »

Most Muslims are GREAT folks-its just extremist nuts like this that f**k it up for all. It would be like comparing Christians to Jim Jones. Not the same ball park.

I agree, these are nutjobs, criminals and terrorists.  The guy/girl who runs the market,works in the next cube, or is your HR person and happens to be Muslim is NOT one of these.  

Its no different from radical clinic bombers and any Christians you may meet.  Different animals.

Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 01:52:05 PM »

Its comparable to the treatment of Japanese in WW2-not as harsh-but when you see a guy with a turbin-you freak out. Its a differnt world-but it isnt.  Its scary.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ISIS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.