Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:55:09 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ISIS « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: ISIS  (Read 29159 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2014, 06:17:19 AM »

Indy-the Ottoman Empire was a different world.
The only thing to defeat a threat like this is total mobilization of our Allies-much like WW2-because if we dont stop this now....we will have a global conflict.We ignored the Nazi's to long-and we should have nipped it in the bud when Germany blitzed Poland-we waited untill Japan bombed Pearl Harbor-to ignore this-after 911 is insane.
The  Islamic Extermists in the Mideast has been f**king this world long enough-it's time to put the foot down HARD.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2014, 08:30:03 AM »

I couldn't agree more, but this country no longer has the spine it had 75 years ago.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2014, 08:33:39 AM »

I say leave the middle east completely and never look back lest we be turned to a pillar of salt.  Let Muslims live under ISIS the way Asians lived under communism that is : miserably.  

This is the America I want back except for that scary ass blond girl
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2014, 09:10:17 AM »

I say leave the middle east completely and never look back lest we be turned to a pillar of salt.  Let Muslims live under ISIS the way Asians lived under communism that is : miserably.  

This is the America I want back except for that scary ass blond girl

Trouble is, I don't think they'd leave us alone. Pakistan is relatively unstable and has nukes. Iran, a nation with a grand martyrdom complex, will have them shortly, if they don't now. Every university of any size has samples of deadly diseases that could easily be stolen for cultivation and release into the general  population. Isolationism appeals to me but it worked better when the world was a bigger place.

Indy-the Ottoman Empire was a different world.
The only thing to defeat a threat like this is total mobilization of our Allies-much like WW2-because if we dont stop this now....we will have a global conflict.We ignored the Nazi's to long-and we should have nipped it in the bud when Germany blitzed Poland-we waited untill Japan bombed Pearl Harbor-to ignore this-after 911 is insane.
The  Islamic Extermists in the Mideast has been f**king this world long enough-it's time to put the foot down HARD.

Yup.

I couldn't agree more, but this country no longer has the spine it had 75 years ago.

Sadly true. In 1904 Moroccan terrorists under a thug named Ahmed Raisuli kidnapped the son of a US citizen, Ion Perdicaris, and Theodore "the god who walks as a man" Roosevelt issued the statement:

"This government wants Perdicaris alive or Raisuli dead."

While the resolution to the incident is more complicated that a bunch of terrorists in an Islamic nation suddenly releasing a hostage because they quaked in fear of US retaliation, at least it shows the United States and its leadership in times past had backbone.

I cannot imagine that kind of resolve coming out of the United States today.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Javakoala
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2014, 09:17:18 AM »

I somewhat agree with Lester here.

Let them stew in their own juices. Any American fool enough to enter that part of the world accepts the risks. Draw very strict lines and clearly announce that if any of these fanatical groups cross those lines through direct attack or acts of terrorism, then all people in their region are forfeit, men/women/children. Then follow through with it. Zero tolerance.

But this country and a lot of the rest of the world has enough bleeding hearts and PC nay-sayers that we would be considered "evil".

When I went through surgery to remove cancer, they had to remove healthy tissue as well as the affected tissue. I'm still cancer-free.

Groups like ISIS are a cancer using religion as their motivation. Remove them and all of their people and I doubt you'll see too many people try to pull crap like this again.

Of course, I feel the same way about North Korea and the band Nickleback, so what do I know.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2014, 10:32:06 AM »

Republican-Democrat. f**k that. We are AMERICAN.
Our job is to fight EVIL.
Lets DO IT.  hot

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Javakoala
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2014, 01:10:12 PM »

Hell, yeah, Bela. Let's whoop some butt!!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2014, 01:27:08 PM »

If you want to fight evil, fight our government. Let people with actual skin in the game who are directly affected by ISIS, Putin, or whoever todays boogeyman is deal with them. We're broke, have no right to invade other countries and it makes us less safe.

Trouble is, I don't think they'd leave us alone. Pakistan is relatively unstable and has nukes. Iran, a nation with a grand martyrdom complex, will have them shortly, if they don't now. Every university of any size has samples of deadly diseases that could easily be stolen for cultivation and release into the general  population. Isolationism appeals to me but it worked better when the world was a bigger place.

this type of paranoia is more of a danger to our country than ISIS

Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2014, 02:00:47 PM »

Update: ISIS has beheaded an American journalist on camera.
They say they'll kill an American for every Missile we fire.

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2014, 02:09:26 PM »

Lets DO IT.  hot

Do you reckon the people who dropped fat man had this ideology to justify the "means to and end" thing? Realise I've taken your thing totally out of context but y'know... just sayin'

Edit, feel like I should have elucidated here... I have no idea what the political affiliations were of the people that dropped the nukes, if I had to guess they would say they did it for a country or the country's army. I'm just saying let's not let borders and national pride mess with our strategical methodology here.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 02:22:24 PM by Josso » Logged

Javakoala
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »

Lets DO IT.  hot

Do you reckon the people who dropped fat man had this ideology to justify the "means to and end" thing? Realise I've taken your thing totally out of context but y'know... just sayin'

Edit, feel like I should have elucidated here... I have no idea what the political affiliations were of the people that dropped the nukes, if I had to guess they would say they did it for a country or the country's army. I'm just saying let's not let borders and national pride mess with our strategical methodology here.

Not to be mean, but I think I'm offering up a collective "huh?"
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2014, 03:02:06 PM »

Basically national pride shouldn't cause rash decisions

Javakoala
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2014, 07:18:57 PM »

Basically national pride shouldn't cause rash decisions

Ah. Sometimes my brain's wiring shakes loose.

Valid point.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2014, 07:31:53 PM »

this type of paranoia is more of a danger to our country than ISIS

Paranoia is worry that Slender-Man is after you. Knowing you share a world with people who have attacked you before and proclaim their desire to attack you again isn't paranoia, it's facing a harsh truth.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2014, 08:39:29 PM »

What ER and Ronnie said!

As for the nuking of Hiroshima - Japan STARTED that war when they invaded China in 1937 with a brutality that rivals that of ISIS today, if not eclipsing it altogether.  They widened that war when they attacked our fleet at Pearl Harbor after we declared an embargo on petroleum and iron ore exports to their country.  And they made it clear they would fight us to the death for their home islands when they showed themselves willing to die to the last man for tiny, isolated rocks in the middle of the Pacific.  My Dad, who turned 88 last weekend, was part of the army that was training for the invasion of Japan in September of 1945.  They were informed that the projected survival rate of the soldiers in the SECOND wave was 1 out of 132 who would make it without being killed or wounded.

Truman was desperate for a way to end this awful conflict in which 50 million had already died.  And they brought him a way.  A horrible way. But war is horrible.  He used it, and felt that he had saved both American and Japanese lives by doing so.  I think he was right, but what I think doesn't really matter.  The burden of that decision rested on his broad Missouri shoulders, and he made the call and was satisfied that he had done the right thing.

Would to God we had a leader of his caliber in the White House today.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ISIS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.