Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:04:52 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ISIS « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: ISIS  (Read 28446 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2014, 07:06:04 AM »

So would there be a limit of "collateral damage" for you, could you put a number on that like 1000 civilians is ok but 1001 is not.

I dont know-I'm a bad movie geek-not an expert on military affairs.
If it was involved with killing folks in Lawton,Michigan,I'm sure I wouldn't be so loose with my views.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:10:17 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2014, 07:23:39 AM »

What happened in Hiroshima and Nagasaki was awful.
But it DID end the war.
At what price?
At what human price?
War is evil-we all know that.But if we dont stop these people-they wont stop. Chamberlin tried to p***yfoot with  the Nazi-didnt work.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:31:53 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2014, 07:40:24 AM »

All war is evil-murder is evil.But if we don't stop ISIS now-it will get worse. Teenage American girls are joining them-because they think its cool. This is BAD.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2014, 08:23:23 AM »

We love you, Ronnie.  You know that - right?

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »

I agree that ISIS is a great evil that needs to be stopped. The big problem with ISIS is that they could have supporters anyplace, anywheres...that's what makes them so scary. Does that mean we go rounding people up and putting them in camps like with the Asian people in the 1940s? That seems a tad extreme...no easy answers...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2014, 07:41:26 PM »

The Suadi's and Qatari's basically created ISIS by pouring a ton of money into Syria in hopes of getting rid of Assad.  And the Qatari's also financed the whole Palestinian missile program. 

Instead of spending money on a war we should spend it on sealing up the Southern border and impose draconian travel restrictions.  Only by having to deal with the consequences of what they've done will these Middle Eastern countries ever change their ways.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2014, 11:07:56 AM »

Islamic State Group Becomes Target Of Arab Satire

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Archivist

« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2014, 09:55:36 PM »

In the last few days, there have been police raids in Australia involving 800 officers, arresting dozens of people suspected of being Islamic militants.  They had been surveilled since at least September last year and were recorded discussing plots to randomly capture and publicly behead someone, maybe in Sydney or Queensland or both.  And in the wake of this, some terrorist idiot has ordered the faithful to kill Australians, Americans, French and whoever else has been involved in this conflict.

These people are not following orders or being forced into this, they are volunteer nutcases who need to be locked up and stamped out.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2014, 10:38:38 PM »

I saw that Australia story. US is bombing Syria now I hope this doesn't send these lunatic 5th columnists some sort of signal
Flangepart

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2014, 08:02:01 AM »

I think the 'kill anyone who ain't us' signal was sent a looooong time ago. They just try to milk it in the western media if it helps defeat their enemy psychologically.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
dean

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »

In the last few days, there have been police raids in Australia involving 800 officers, arresting dozens of people suspected of being Islamic militants.  They had been surveilled since at least September last year and were recorded discussing plots to randomly capture and publicly behead someone, maybe in Sydney or Queensland or both.  And in the wake of this, some terrorist idiot has ordered the faithful to kill Australians, Americans, French and whoever else has been involved in this conflict.

These people are not following orders or being forced into this, they are volunteer nutcases who need to be locked up and stamped out.

I think it's important to note that only one person has been charged, and the details are awfully murky.  That recent one in Melbourne of the teenager being shot by police also smacks more of someone with a mental problem who has a bit of support to the cause of ISIS rather than an out and out militant [I mean who goes to a police station with armed with a knife? Just stupid...] 

It's likely that eventually some idiot will try something, but the reality is I have more danger of getting hit by a car than being swept up as a victim of a domestic terror attack, so really I'm choosing to focus my worries on more important matters.

As for abroad, by all accounts ISIS are pretty terrible.  I wouldn't even fathom the right approach to dealing with it, though I would labour the point that 'just bombing the entire region into ash' is probably not the right way to go about it.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
dean

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2014, 08:24:12 PM »

Reminds me of this:

Four Lions Trailer

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2014, 02:05:08 AM »

My Mom is getting paranoid. Apparently ISIS has been recruiting in Minneapolis. On 9/11 she picked me up from school saying "People always act screwy on 9/11".

I suppose that's why they're called terrorists.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2014, 02:11:40 AM »

Also the mobile wallet application "ISIS Wallet" changed its name to "Softcard". Be funny if another terrorist organization called Softcard appeared.

I kid but at least they knew it was a good idea to rename the product. If only everyone were so smart...

(I didn't Photoshop this. This was a thing.)

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2014, 06:40:36 AM »

My Mom is getting paranoid. Apparently ISIS has been recruiting in Minneapolis. On 9/11 she picked me up from school saying "People always act screwy on 9/11".

I suppose that's why they're called terrorists.

Yeah I heard that most of the Americans that traveled to Syria to join ISIS were from some part of Minneapolis.  Good grief, I used to live there  Bluesad

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ISIS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.