Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:16:59 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Sentinel (1977) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sentinel (1977)  (Read 3005 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: August 04, 2014, 03:24:28 AM »

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

A neurotic model takes up residence in an apartment building which is actually the doorway to hell:  Buggedout Buggedout

What a horrible movie: I switched it off after sticking it out for almost twenty minutes. I knew that Michael Winner made some stinkers during his career but this is the absolute nadir, up there with his dire Scream For Help and Dirty Weekend. I put it off where the young girl discovers the old man in bed with the badonkadonk ladies and then slashes her wrists.....  Buggedout Buggedout

What has been seen, cannot be unseen....  Buggedout Buggedout
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:29:52 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 04:16:10 AM »

I saw this on TV many years ago, and the premise and denouement were quite depressing.  Entirely unlike the TV series The Sentinel, starring Richard Burgi as an ex-military sniper turned cop, who develops superhuman senses in the jungle and uses them to fight crime.  Very cool series.  Very uncool movie.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 08:58:26 AM »

I was very disappointed when I saw this movie.  The novel is one of the scariest I have ever read.  The movie managed to screw up or ignore all the scary parts.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 09:12:49 AM »

I generally like 70s "Satan" movies but this one didn't do much for me either. Beverly D'Angelo's famous masturbation scene is about the only thing that made it memorable, haha.
Aside from that, the only things that kept me watching to the end were the cool '70s New York locations and catching glimpses of future stars in bit parts like Jerry "Law & Order" Orbach and Chris "Fright Night" Sarandon.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 06:36:46 PM »

I actually rather liked this one. It's very creepy at times...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 06:48:02 PM »

I remember this it was some studios answer to The Exorcist and a floppy one at that. It took years of grindhouse and vhs boom for majors to get a handle on horror
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 07:39:54 AM »

I liked John Carradine with Tor Johnson eyes.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 09:15:13 AM »

Caught this on the big screen, part of a retro-horror weekend thingy, playing at some art house-ish movie theater back in the 90s. The theater was packed and the audience was really into it. The infamous knife/stabbing scene made almost everyone scream. Good times. I believe said scene was also included in Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments.
And how about that ending? Impossible to pull that off nowadays  TeddyR
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 01:57:12 PM »

Found the trailer.
Small | Large

There are a lot of big (or would become big) names in that flick.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 04:19:14 PM »

Though, it is a film I have yet to see, it is a film I am aware of, and a film I hope to see some day, if only for the cast, which includes . . .

Chris Sarandon -- Cristina Raines -- Martin Balsam -- John Carradine -- Jose Ferrer -- Ava Gardner -- Arthur Kennedy -- Burgess Meredith -- Sylvia Miles -- Deborah Raffin -- Eli Wallach -- Christopher Walken -- Jerry Orbach -- Beverly D'Angelo -- Tom Berenger -- William Hickey -- Jeff Goldblum -- and Richard Dreyfuss in an uncredited cameo as the Man on the Sidewalk.

That's a film cast you don't see anymore.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Sentinel (1977) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.