Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:23:41 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best of the worst list? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Best of the worst list?  (Read 5156 times)
Javakoala
« on: August 23, 2014, 07:36:26 PM »

I'm sure there was at least one thread that attempted to compile a list of "you have to see this" movies for bad movie fans in this forum.

Can someone post the link? I'd think this is something that should probably have it's on section, just for newbies to view, if they want to get their dues paid.

I've been trying to fill in my blank spots as far as classic bad movies go. I recent watched The Room and Battlefield Earth. I know there are others that I've overlooked throughout the years. I really want to start dotting the Is and crossing the Ts (but not Mr. T).

Thanks to anyone who wants to help an insanely lazy weasel such as myself.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:12:16 PM »

Actually, I think someone in here starts a thread like the one you described about every year or two.  But I'm too insanely lazy to look for them.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 10:14:27 PM »

Here's one: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,123058.0.html

I had started a similar one but I can't find it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Javakoala
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 07:33:24 AM »

Awesome. Many thanks, Rev.

Today, I'm tackling America 3000 and Attack Of The Claw Monsters. I might throw Birdemic into the mix as well, just for the pain.

I've had Birdemic on BD for nearly a year, but after watching the opening credits, my sides hurt so much from laughing that I haven't touched it since.

Space Mutiny is being shipped to me, so I have that to look forward to. That may require medication or booze.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 07:49:42 AM »

You definitely need to have THE LOST EMPIRE on that list.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Javakoala
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 08:10:19 AM »

You definitely need to have THE LOST EMPIRE on that list.

Wynorski's film? I have wanted to see that since watching the documentary Popatopolis. And, hey, Amazon to the rescue. It is now on order.

Thanks, Indy.

And a second thank you for not suggesting that certain movie by that certain director that sends me into eye-bulging rants.  TeddyR
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 09:20:22 PM »

If you want the "best" of the worst then I have to throw in She Gods of Shark Reef. You might also check out Galaxy Invader or Pod People if you're looking for a truly lousy alien movie.

If you're looking to really enjoy yourself then I suggest picking any Polonia Brothers movie at random and dumping your alcohol down the sink.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Javakoala
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 10:01:30 PM »

If you want the "best" of the worst then I have to throw in She Gods of Shark Reef. You might also check out Galaxy Invader or Pod People if you're looking for a truly lousy alien movie.

If you're looking to really enjoy yourself then I suggest picking any Polonia Brothers movie at random and dumping your alcohol down the sink.

I survived one Polonia Brothers movie. I'm still in recovery.

Galaxy Invader is fun in a very sad way.

Squeezed in The Giant Claw today. I've seen it before, but at my age, I need to freshen my memory.

I'm trying to fill in blank spots in my bad movie history. I understand everyone has their own list of "must-see" movies. I'm trying to focus on titles that are more universally considered bad movies by the bulk of bad movie fans. I'm not even sure how to boil something like that down short of getting a list of 100 titles from 100 different people and then running it through some spreadsheet to get the highest ranking matches.

Eh, if nothing else, it keeps me off the streets.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 10:26:56 PM »

Thing is to me there's a difference between movies that are fun bad movies (movies that are bad but still somehow fun to watch - Teenagers From Outer Space, The Giant Claw, Army of Darkness) and those that are truly painful to watch (The Terror [Roger Corman film], She Gods of Shark Reef, Android Insurrection, the Bigfoot SyFy movie)...I greatly prefer the fun bad movies myself although I have to admit to slugging through some painfully bad ones more than once too. Then there are those movies that seem somewhat in between, somewhat fun yet somewhat painful (King of the Lost World, The Amazing Transparent Man, Bride of the Gorilla)...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Flangepart

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 08:26:50 AM »

Hummm...how about 'Bad Movie Drinking Games?'
Might make an interesting addition to you deal.

Giant Claw- The big as a battleship' DG. You'll be smockered before Mitch blows up the lab.

The MST3K SPACE MUTANY DG- "Biff Hardchunk...Rock Hugelarge..."

Any others?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Javakoala
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »

Giant Claw- The big as a battleship' DG. You'll be smockered before Mitch blows up the lab.

Any others?

THE ROOM -- Take a shot every time Johnny says, "Oh, hi" to anyone.  Double shot for every scene in which the framed photo of the spoon is clearly visible at least once.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 09:29:59 PM »

without naming anything that's been listed already:

Sharknado
Glen or Glenda
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Birdemic: Shock and Terror
Sharknado 2: The Second One
Birdemic 2: The Resurrection
Robot Monster
Hobgoblins
Reefer Madness
Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam
Troll 2

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Ińárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
StinkerMadness
Stinker Man
Dedicated Viewer

It Stinks!

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 02:08:28 PM »

If I may add my "Hall of Fame":
Troll 2
America 3000
The Room
Death Race 2000
Malibu Express
Hollywood Boulevard
Gymkata
Order of the Black Eagle
Pieces
Belly of the Beast

I have a pretty long "honorable mention" list as well that can be viewed here if anyone wants more: http://www.stinkermadness.com/blog/entry/justins-hall-of-fame

316zombie
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 06:26:41 PM »

Any others?

flange,i own,and proudly wear,the tshirt with the ENTIRE list of the names you mentioned,lol!!!
Flangepart

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 12:55:37 PM »

Any others?

Seriously!? All 26 of them? Musta had to squeeze them all in with a crowbar!  BounceGiggle

flange,i own,and proudly wear,the tshirt with the ENTIRE list of the names you mentioned,lol!!!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best of the worst list? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.