Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:20:11 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  F6: TWISTER, aka CHRISTMAS TWISTER (2012) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: F6: TWISTER, aka CHRISTMAS TWISTER (2012)  (Read 1170 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« on: August 30, 2014, 07:30:36 AM »

F6: TWISTER, aka CHRISTMAS TWISTER (2012)

3.5 out of 5

Now this is what I'm talking about in a "man this is BAAAD, but so bad it's good" disaster movie.

Big recommendation for bad, b-grade disaster movie fans.

Predictable cliches?  Check  

Hokey and predictable dialog?  Check (we had many family cheers when one of us would utter a line a second before it was delivered)

Dialog lifted straight from TWISTER?  Check

Ridiculous set design?  Check (really, that's some of the neatest tornado debris I've ever seen)

An F6 (!!) tornado that is LESS THAN TWENTY FEET WIDE?  CHECK!

Bad FX?  Check (overlay tornado fx onto a building with no damage happening?  Sure.  Clear, and hokey, miniatures?  Got em.  Random sparking electronics?  You betcha).

Agonizingly bad Texas accent?  Check

Man, we had a ball watching this one.  What a mess.  But what a fun mess.

Bill (I mean Ethan) is a weather expert who, relying on his superior knowledge of 'climate change' was exiled from the lucrative Chicago market for calling for evacuation on a storm that did not happen.  So, he, and his ambitious TV reporter wife, are 'stuck' in rural Texas...well, right outside Fort Worth, anyway.  

When the 'super system' begins to form, the one that spawns three or four tiny tornadoes, no one will believe Ethan.  TV Weatherman Logan, for example, dismisses Ethan's claims because "it goes in cycles!"  Ethan's radar can detect the "hook echo" that no one else's can see, because it is HIDDEN BEHIND PRECIPITATION.  I guess whoever wrote that line forgot what a weather radar is actually measuring.

Side note: There is no precipitation in this entire movie.  This is the dustiest tornado movie I've ever watched.  So, I'm not sure exactly WHAT precipitation the hook echo was hiding behind.

Slowly, Ethan convinces (via numerous cell phone calls) his wife (who works with Logan and whom Logan is trying to get to move to New York with him to hit the big time...because, yes, TV weathermen and Desk Anchors do get tandem job offers like that all the time) that "Something is going on."

About that job offer: it came ONLY through Logan, and "they" (the station in New York) said it's a today only offer.  Do big time TV news outlets in NY really do that?  They offer sweet deals to talking heads via coworkers and issue ultimatums the same way? I'm showing my ignorance here.  I've never been a TV news anchor, so I don't know how their job offers come through.

The tornadoes in this movie are some kind of smart.  They follow roads, hit right at the door of the mall, destroy the Fort Worth power plant (though power does not go out in the rest of the city) and, of course, the TV station.

They are also teleporting tornadoes.  One shot, on the roof of the mall.  The next, at the door.  The next, back on the roof.  The next, back at the door.  Etc.  We finally decided the tornadoes had had too much to drink.  Other evidence?  Huge, multi-block swaths of destruction depicted for a twister that is maybe the width of a one-lane road.

*** Spoiler Below *** (like it matters)

Finally...this super storm that spawned all the dangerous tornadoes just ended.  Just over.  Hit the TV station, give us a little 'rescue drama' there, and poof.  No more super storm.  Happy family grilling burgers in the back yard.

And, what's up with "Who's ready to eat?" when all the burgers on the grill are STILL RAW and not even cooking?

We loved this movie....a TON of fun.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 01:49:23 PM by ulthar » Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  F6: TWISTER, aka CHRISTMAS TWISTER (2012) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.