Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:45:22 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)  (Read 16466 times)
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 02, 2014, 04:14:51 AM »

Now this looks very, very cool.  Tom Hardy as Mad Max!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max:_Fury_Road

Mad Max: Fury Road Official Comic-Con Trailer (2015) - Tom Hardy Post-Apocalypse Movie HD

(Edited because original YouTube URL was made private.  Updated link contains same material as original.)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:40:03 PM by Archivist » Logged

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 04:37:51 AM »

Wow, I never even knew they were considering making another one. Perhaps I can have the rare opportunity of an action movie to be proud of with this one

dean

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 05:23:51 AM »

It is super rad looking.  I'm trying really hard not to get too excited but really that trailer hits all the buttons for me.  And the fact that it's being touted as essentially mostly car chase?  Amazing idea.  Only negative is that I think that there was a rumour around town that they needed to do re-shoots which is normally not a great sign.  We shall see. But what I see so far is amazing.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 03:01:48 PM »

I would have predicted the next Mad Max movie would have been a direct-to-DVD feature directed by Albert Pyun.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Archivist

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 09:28:22 PM »

The manga and anime Fist of the North Star was considerably inspired by the Mad Max movies, so to see the immense chase scenes in the new Mad Max makes me yearn for a similarly high level Fist of the North Star movie.  The Gary Daniels version wasn't exactly the best.

And how do I embed YouTube videos???  I could do it a while ago, but something is different now.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
dean

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 04:32:47 AM »

The manga and anime Fist of the North Star was considerably inspired by the Mad Max movies, so to see the immense chase scenes in the new Mad Max makes me yearn for a similarly high level Fist of the North Star movie.  The Gary Daniels version wasn't exactly the best.

And how do I embed YouTube videos???  I could do it a while ago, but something is different now.

Take out the s of the https at the start.

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD - Official Comic-Con Trailer (2015) [HD] Tom Hardy

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 05:41:27 AM »

Thank god it's made in Australia and not Hollywood.   Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
major jay

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 01:57:37 PM »

Official teaser trailer. This thing looks as goofy as all hell. Cheers
Mad Max: Fury Road - Official Theatrical Teaser Trailer [HD]

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 03:19:34 PM »

I'll be there, when it comes to a theater near where I live.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 05:30:14 PM »

I am skeptical of reboots, which is what this looks like. I see a mish-mash of The Road Warrior (1981) and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985). However, I am also skeptical of movie trailers, so while the explosions and car chases look cool in short, edited clips, as a long-time fan of all the Mad Max movies (the first one is still my favorite) I know that the stories were just as important as the action. So again, I hope that this reboot isn't what it looks like here in the trailer, which appears to be a mix of the 2nd and 3rd movies. As a dedicated fanboy, I want a brand new story, not a rehash of something that I grew up with as a child.  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 05:49:26 PM »

The response to this has been really surprising to me, people seem to either hate or love the idea of it. I was never a huge fan of the originals but I did always really enjoy watching them

JeremyRay
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 04:31:39 PM »

It's hard to see anyone but Mel Gibson as Max, especially since I only know Tom Hardy from Star Trek:  Nemesis. 

Other than that the only thing bothering me is that the cars look like they were designed by concept artists, and not practical effects guys slamming real car parts together.  That may be more a criticism of new concept artists vs old concept artists however.  There's something going on here that is hard to put a finger on - Jalopnik had an article examining the Star Wars Episode VII trailer that made what I thought was an insightful point - everything looks like it's rounded and simplified so it will be easier to manufacture the toys.  That may be true but I'm afraid it's also because the new generation of concept artists may be drawing most of their influence from toys and Apple products.  I'm picturing guys who spent their childhoods indoors playing with action figures and gaming, spent a few years learning digital painting in college and then got a job in the industry.  Guys who didn't get outdoors and learn the sensibility of functional things people actually build in real life.  There's a hedge hog car, a truck covered in speakers - these things seem too cartoonish to me.  There's a point where you've gone over the top.  I feel like the new Mad Max looks more like a caricature of the old Mad Max than a plausible reality.   

Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 05:13:49 PM »

I look forward to the inevitable Syfy/Asylum mockbuster!

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
JeremyRay
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 11:38:53 PM »

Furry Road?

djmarch
New Visitor

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 05:47:28 PM »

I look forward to the inevitable Syfy/Asylum mockbuster!
Haha, me too. I've not seen it personally, but I've heard that their mockbuster of I Am Legend ( I Am Omega ) is pretty good by asylum standards. They could probably even tie that in as it's a general post apocalyptic theme.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.