Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:59:37 AM
714213 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)  (Read 16579 times)
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 10:43:30 PM »

I look forward to the inevitable Syfy/Asylum mockbuster!
Haha, me too. I've not seen it personally, but I've heard that their mockbuster of I Am Legend ( I Am Omega ) is pretty good by asylum standards. They could probably even tie that in as it's a general post apocalyptic theme.

I bought I Am Omega because 1. I am a huge Mark Dacascos fan and 2. I did not know it was an Asylum film.  It's probably one of the worst films Mark has been in.  Truly.  If that is 'good by Asylum standards' then I shudder to think what the bad ones are like.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 08:40:22 PM »

I like it when a trailer makes me break out into a huge goofy grin. TongueOut

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
major jay

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 09:48:28 AM »

It just keeps looking better and better.

Mad Max: Fury Road - Official Main Trailer [HD]

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 05:18:31 AM »

This is the movie I'm most excited to see this year. Fun Fact: It comes out on my brother's birthday.

I think it looks amazing.

Basically, I'm hoping it is the Raid: Redemption with cars. I don't want a story. I want insanely technical car chases and explosions for an hour and a half. In 3-D.

If that happens, "what a lovely day!"

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 04:12:38 PM »

This is the movie I'm most excited to see this year. Fun Fact: It comes out on my brother's birthday.

I think it looks amazing.

Basically, I'm hoping it is the Raid: Redemption with cars. I don't want a story. I want insanely technical car chases and explosions for an hour and a half. In 3-D.

If that happens, "what a lovely day!"

Then, your brother's birthday is May 15. That is when it opens here in the U.S.

Not that many films I care to see this year, but that is one film I am looking forward to seeing, and May 15 is not that far away.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 08:56:54 PM »

anybody seen it?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Bushma

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 09:13:55 PM »

I look forward to the inevitable Syfy/Asylum mockbuster!

Small | Large

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 10:10:03 AM »

I liked it... but...

I think it was just a smidge away from being the best of all the Max movies, but blew it. The thing I liked about Mad Max was its vision of scavenger societies made up of roaming bands of warlords. The action sequences were always great, but they were just the frosting.

This one is too much frosting, not enough cake. It needed to slow down and explore the mythology and sociology of the Citadel more. We got tantalizing hints of the way this society was organized. but too much was left to the imagination in favor of another chase scene. I actually felt a tiny bit cheated.

Plus the guy with the double-necked guitar/flamethrower was the single dumbest and most pandering image in a mainstream movie in the past decade. Miller seemed to put it in to remind us that this movie is aimed at teenagers, and if you're an adult you should probably be a bit ashamed of yourself for enjoying this.

Still a lot of fun, Charlize Theron was good, action sequences great, setting very good if not explored as much as I'd like.

All in all I'll give it 4/5, third best of the Max movies (all of which are above average).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Bushma

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 07:18:09 PM »

I said this in another thread and I'll repeat it here. The Main issue I had with this film was that I simply didn't care about the characters, and therefore what happened.

I cared when she died.

I cared when he died.

The list keeps going. With Fury Road I simply didn't care when anything happened with these characters.

Bushma

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 07:21:51 PM »

Ok this link is just for LOLZ so please don't take this seriously, I sure didn't.

http://www.donotlink.com/framed?704311

Why You Should Not Go See “Mad Max: Feminist Road”

If you were like me, the explosions, fire tornadoes, even the symphonic score surrounding “Fury Road’s” first trailer made your attendance a foregone conclusion. It looked like a straight-up guy flick. No f**king around.  Perhaps even a little, hidden acknowledgement from the director that when the s**t hits the fan, it will be men like Jack Donovan Mad Max who will be in charge.

But then my spidey senses started noticing a couple things.

Charlize Theron kept showing up a lot in the trailers, while Tom Hardy (Mad Max) seemed to have cameo appearances. Charlize Theron sure talked a lot during the trailers, while I don’t think I’ve heard one line from Tom Hardy. And finally, Charlize Theron’s character barked orders to Mad Max.

Nobody barks orders to Mad Max.

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 06:37:36 PM »

Watched it two days ago; enjoyed it immensely.

I thought Theron did an outstanding job, great role.  Guy who played Max did well -- laconic, appropriately intense.
The action and practical effects were consistently excellent, and the movie was wonderfully over the top in moments.

my honest reaction re:  the guy playing the flamethrower electric guitar:  it was fine.  Yeeeeesh. 
akiratubo

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 06:40:36 PM »

This movie was f**kIN' GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!  No bulls**t, just loads of what we came to see!

Give Hugh Keyes-Byrne an Oscar for the line about water addiction alone!

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 07:00:29 PM »

I am really looking forward this movie, but here in Japan it is delayed until the 20th of june...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015, 12:42:47 PM »

I positively adore this movie! It surpassed all my expectations that I made earlier in this thread a while ago about the trailers, which reiterates my point about how much that I do not trust movie trailers; they are like polls versus actual electoral votes, they don't mean anything aside from getting your attention. Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) is the 3rd best Mad Max movie, behind Mad Max (1979) and The Road Warrior/Mad Max 2 (1981), respectively.

Things I loved about the movie: I loved Charlize Theron, who is my favorite of all the hot movie actresses out there in that she can actually act as well as look good, even in movies that suck. I thoroughly enjoyed the intense action sequences and practical effects. I like Tom Hardy as the new Mad Max character, however...

Things I didn't like about the movie: Mad Max is a wallflower in this movie, as opposed to the proverbial hood ornament that the character is in the other three films; I would have liked to see more out of Tom Hardy, who gave Bane more life in The Dark Knight Rises (2012) from behind a mask than he gave Max in this movie, though I loved the "Gladiator" look that he had through the first act. It didn't explore the wasteland world effectively like the original trilogy did. Some of the action was akin to sensory overload, almost as if George Miller knew that there wasn't much of a plot to the film so he was trying to distract us with a whole bunch of explosions and car crashes, though he is still a master of the film editing process; nobody edits a movie better than George Miller! And finally, the SPOILER; I didn't like the happy ending. The original trilogy all had either gloomy or otherwise suspenseful and open endings, like you didn't know what was going to happen to them after that, while in Fury Road we have a pretty good idea that things are going to be okay in this potentially utopian society with the heroes welcome at the Citadel.

Things that are irrelevant: The whole "Feminist Road" controversy crap. I saw this movie on opening night, before I read that silly article, and I did not ever once get any kind of feminazi message out of this film, and this is coming from a guy who cannot stand feminazis. As tough as Charlize Theron is in this movie, I never once asked myself "who let her out of the kitchen?" I thought the bits where Furiosa was barking orders at Mad Max were pretty funny actually, and whoever wrote that "Feminist Road" article obviously never watched Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985), else he would have known that Aunty Entity did it long before Furiosa came around.

Things to ponder: Irony, in that Tom Hardy wore a Bane mask in The Dark Knight Rises (2012) while his nemesis Hugh Keyes-Byrne wears a Bane mask in this movie.

Overall, a great movie and easily the best action movie of the year, if only for the practical effects. And I don't care what anybody else says, the flamethrower electric guitar guy was a badass!  Cheers
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:48:06 PM by zelmo73 » Logged

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2015, 09:49:29 AM »

Saw it last night. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

On the other hand, it's been a long time since a movie gave me weird, stressful, post-apocalyptic dreams.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:56:40 AM by Ted C » Logged

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.