Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:46:25 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  IMDb Bottom 100 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: IMDb Bottom 100  (Read 12541 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 11, 2014, 01:19:10 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom?tt0055946&ref_=tt_awd

Let's discuss which of these movies we've seen.

#99. Troll 2 - Honestly I don't think it belongs here. That movie was hilarious.
#85. Santa Clause Conquers the Martians - Not sure how this movie even came into existence. The idea sounds bad on paper.
#83. Baby Geniuses - I'm embarrassed to admit I saw this movie when I was little. I though it was bad back then, even.
#82. Simon Sez - Back before Rodman was hanging out with evil dictators THIS was his biggest lapse in judgment.
#81. Monster a-Go Go - Even MST3K didn't make this one entertaining in my opinion
#76. Battlefield Earth - John Travolta brought the ham in this one. Big budget ≠ Good movie.
#72. Santa Claus - Watching the MST3K of this with my Dad was a riot.
#71. Mitchell - Just because you were in 007 doesn't mean you can be a spy too, Joe.
#62. Titanic: The Legend Goes On... - Really? Animated Titanic movie? Okay...
#61. Santa with Muscles - Still better than anything John Cena was in... Or does.
#57. Alone in the Dark- Uwe Boll makes a movie that has nothing to do with the source material. Like the World War Z movie!
#54. Epic Movie - If I ever see Friedberg on the street I'll brain him with a car battery.
#52. Chairman of the Board - What would I do if I met Carrot Top? See #54
#49. Foodfight! - The most painful animated movie I ever sat through.
#35. Eegah - I would like to announce the Kickstarter for "Get Arch Hall Jr. Plastic Surgery".
#29. Son of the Mask - I LIKED this movie as a kid! GAAAH!!
#27. The Creeping Terror - I had a nightmare where the monster from this movie took six hours to eat me.
#22. The Pumaman - Best super hero ever. Could kick Superman's ass.
#16. House of the Dead - Uwe Boll's done it again! We need to make a sitcom about Uwe Boll.
#11. Manos: The Hands of Fate - Did you know Hans Zimmer made Torgo's theme? Of course not because it's not true!
#5.   Disaster Movie - If it makes money Friedberg will make it.
#2.   Birdemic: Shock and Terror - Not since James Cameron's Avatar have I seen CGI this good!

316zombie
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 02:51:50 PM »

okay,let's see....i've seen #(s) 2,10,11,12,13,16,22,27,28,30,31,32,33,35,36,37,40,41,42,44,47,48,57,65,66,67,71,72,75,76,77,80,81,85,88,89,94,95,99 and 100.
i think i just scared myself!!!!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 03:04:51 PM »

99, 90, 89, 85, 83, 81, 77, 76, 72, 71, 67, 65, 63, 57, 54, 53, 49, 42, 35, 33, 32, 31, 27, 26, 16, 11, 10, 7, 5 and 2 for me.

Why isn't Bucky Larson in the bottom 100? That's easily the worst movie I've ever seen.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
316zombie
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 03:17:16 PM »

octoman should be there too,lol!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 04:46:45 PM »

There are a lot of bad movies not on that list.

Any IMDB "list" based on its own internal voting is going to be heavily biased by the input of younger audiences.  There were quite a few post 2000 movies on that list I've never even heard of, and as stated, a tremendous number of older movies missing.

So, the list sort of suffers from selection bias.  Yes, a lot of younger viewers have seen MANOS or BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS or whatever.  But that's because there's a lot of hubbub about certain well known "bad movies."

I don't put much (okay, any) stock IMDB ratings precisely because of this.  The votes are based on only a certain (skewed younger) subset of people bothering to vote for movies on IMDB, and my experience shows exactly ZERO correlation with those votes and my own personal taste/likes. 

Thus a list based on such votes is unlikely to mean much to me in terms of agreeing or disagreeing with it. Or, being impressed by it as "Top This" or "Bottom That."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ChaosTheory

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »

I've seen forty of those and MAGIC MIKE  was worse than all of them.

Okay, maybe not worse than TISCWSL&BMUZ, but certainly no better.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 06:37:14 PM »

The IMDB bottom 100 suffers from MST3K bias. If MST3K featured it people automatically vote the movie down, even though there are much worse movies out there.

I ACCUSE MY PARENTS is a perfect example. It's not great, but it's far from the worst, and there's no way it would ever have made a bottom 100 list if it hadn't been featured on the show. I count 30 entries that were on MST3K---some might deserve to be in the bottom 100 (like MONSTER A GO-GO), but the show is the only reason others have made it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 08:52:08 PM »

Agree with Rev. about the MST3K bias and also bob about Bucky Larson which is quite possibly the worst movie ever.

Hmm what I've seen... I kinda liked the following, some because of exploitation, some because they were truly something weird and different, some because I consider them bad movie classics:

#94: Monstrosity (1963)

#89: The Beast of Yucca Flats (1961)

#84: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)

#41: The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!? (1964)

#35. Eegah (1962)

#33. Girl in Gold Boots (1968)

#32. Track of the Moon Beast (1976)

#31. The Wild World of Batwoman (1966)

#30. Prince of Space (1959)

#27. The Creeping Terror (1964)

#13. Invasion of the Neptune Men (1961)

#12. Space Mutiny (1988)

#11. Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)

Didn't enjoy these as much but they did have some moments...

# 81: Monster a Go-Go (1965)

#77: Laserblast (1978)

#67: The Final Sacrifice (1990)

#57: Alone in the Dark (2005)

#7. Going Overboard (1989)  ---nah, this was just horrid.

I've actually seen less of these than I was expecting but I have to say I consider most of the stuff from the Asylum and which airs on SyFy worse that anything I mentioned above...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
claws
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 02:29:47 AM »

Reading reviews at IMDb over the years I noticed that most people who watch a bad movie and found it to be somewhat entertaining still have a problem giving it a higher rating. They would say stuff like "yeah, it was hilarious etc etc but I can't give it more than 1/10 because, well, it's still a bad movie". Then you have Troll 2 which used to have a much lower rating. Over the years it has been slowly dropping down the Bottom 100 Charts as it's rating increased. People are catching up, it just takes time.
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 02:55:14 AM »

-Troll 2
I wouldn't call it the "best bad movie" by a long shot.  Although it's fun to laugh at, it is still appallingly bad.

-Zaat
The only thing I remember regarding this film is that it was veerrrrrryyyy slow and boring. Like, to the point of agony...

-The Beast of Yucca Flats
Another one I've seen a billion times via MST3K and old school Sci-Fi Channel, but don't remember much of.

-Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
Is it terrible?  Yeah.  Is it still kind of a guilty pleasure?  Also yeah...

-Demon Island
It was titled Pinata: Survival Island when I saw it. Anyway, standard monster movie with absolutely dreadful CG.  The monster looked like it had been lifted from the PlayStation version of Diablo.

-Hobgoblins
I couldn't tell if this was a really bad horror film, a really good horror/comedy, or just an all around bad comedy.  I giggled a few times at least.

-Leonard Part 6
I loved this as a kid, but rewatched bits and pieces of it recently. I now realize why this movie sucks. It's just too bad Bill Cosby didn't realize those around him were sycophants and that he shouldn't have listened to their advice regarding this film.

-The Creeping Terror
I really wish this movie would have turned out better.  The ending was pretty cool, and the fact that they actually showed a monster devouring someone was neat as well.  However, the needless narrator, the horrible pacing, and the fact that the creature looks like a turd that had been rolled in dog hair, leaves, and moldy gummy candy was more than a little off-putting.

As for the rest of the list, there are crap tons of movies I've seen bits and pieces of.  There are also a few that have been on there for ages that aren't there anymore, like Anus Magillicutty.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 02:58:17 AM »

Hey, Brother JTD is in the house: welcome!  Smile Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Javakoala
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 05:44:24 AM »

-The Creeping Terror
I really wish this movie would have turned out better.  The ending was pretty cool, and the fact that they actually showed a monster devouring someone was neat as well.  However, the needless narrator, the horrible pacing, and the fact that the creature looks like a turd that had been rolled in dog hair, leaves, and moldy gummy candy was more than a little off-putting.

The narrator came about because they lost most of the sound and also the sound equipment during the shoot, according to legend. They couldn't get the cast back, probably because the director is mostly insane, and post looping of dialogue was outside their budget. I do find it interesting that while a scene is being narrated that you can hear foley work for things happening on screen, like people walking or lighting a match and such.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 07:30:46 AM »

Troll 2 - yeah it kind of holds a special place in my heart lol. 
Demon Island - hey I LIKE this movie!
Battlefield Earth - I didn't think it was that terrible really.
Seven Mummies - not that much worse than a lot of other direct-to-video junk.  I enjoyed it.
Merlin's Sop of Mystical Wonders - enjoyed it on MST3K
The Final Sacrifice - same as above
Hobgoblins - I should buy the DVD of this, it's a classic.  I've actually sought out other films by this director lol.
Alone in the Dark - yeah it was pretty bad.
R.O.T.O.R. - seems like it was made to earn a spot on the bottom 100 list.
Boggy Creek II: And the Legend Continues - that was pretty fun actually
Girl in Gold Boots - that was awful even by MST3K standards.
Prince of Space - one of my favorite MST3K episodes.
The Creeping Terror - didn't quite make it to the end of this one.  Didn't have the stamina.
House of the Dead - I thought it was pretty darned entertaining  Smile
Space Mutiny - I love this movie  Thumbup
Manos - I've never actually finished this movie.  I should really try again one of these days.
Final Justice - another MST3K favorite.  "Hey don't use the guest towels as toilet paper again like you did last time."  BounceGiggle
Birdemic - only made it to the end by listening to the actor's commentary about what a screwball the director was.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 07:34:30 AM »

I've seen 9 on the list. Because I don't watch NEW bad movies. New as in since 1990.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 07:42:25 AM »

I guess they never seen SINGLE ROOM FURNISHED (1966)

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,133439.0.html

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  IMDb Bottom 100 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.