Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:30:21 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  IMDb Bottom 100 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: IMDb Bottom 100  (Read 12539 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 08:24:29 AM »

Wait, wait...Jack said Battlefield Earth - I didn't think it was that terrible really.- Dude...I worry for yer mind...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 05:00:07 PM »

Wait, wait...Jack said Battlefield Earth - I didn't think it was that terrible really.- Dude...I worry for yer mind...

While you were still learning how to SPELL YOUR NAME!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:02:58 PM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 05:10:07 PM »

^ Just listen to the emoting going on there!  You guys don't like that ?!?!   BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flangepart

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »

^ Just listen to the emoting going on there!  You guys don't like that ?!?!   BounceGiggle
Yeah...just not the way the film makers intended!  Twirling
I think it's called 'The Ed Wood' effect. Smile

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Javakoala
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 03:32:57 AM »

I found 19 of them that I had seen, most of them the older movies. And I completely agree with the concept that a lot of the older titles are there because of idiot hipsters voting on this stuff after watching MST3K episodes.

RC, I agree with you on the cut-off date you give. I have seen movies made after 1990, and a lot of them were not worth my time. Most stuff prior to that year, I know fairly well and enjoy greatly. If I mention a movie older than 1990 to most of the people I know, I get blank looks. Yeah, folks, let's just ignore nearly 90 years worth of cinema because your first theater experience was Home Alone or Pretty Woman.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2014, 04:33:39 AM »

I found 19 of them that I had seen, most of them the older movies. And I completely agree with the concept that a lot of the older titles are there because of idiot hipsters voting on this stuff after watching MST3K episodes.

RC, I agree with you on the cut-off date you give. I have seen movies made after 1990, and a lot of them were not worth my time. Most stuff prior to that year, I know fairly well and enjoy greatly. If I mention a movie older than 1990 to most of the people I know, I get blank looks. Yeah, folks, let's just ignore nearly 90 years worth of cinema because your first theater experience was Home Alone or Pretty Woman.

It's damn frustrating when on the facebook thing-there is a page called Psychotronic Movies-not Mike Weldon-as much as I think Weldon is a dick-he does know his s**t-and there was a "favorite actor letter K"-I was the ONLY one to list Karloff. NONE of these punks knew about f**king KARLOFF!!!  hot

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 01:27:11 PM »

Not many apparently

#98 Troll 2 - It is what it is. Not good, but fun to watch.
#95 Blubberella - It was kinda fun to first watch BloodRayne 3 and then this one.
#76 Battlefield Earth - I had so much facepalm watching that movie that my head hurts to this day.
#57 Alone in the Dark - First Boll movie I watched and I still think it's fun.
#18 Daniel der Zauberer - Now here's a movie that should not exist.
#16 House of the Dead - Second Boll movie I watched and I like it even more than AitD. Maybe it's because of Jürgen Prochnow (Got a soft spot for everyone that was in Das Boot). Unfortunately Boll rereleased the movie as a "funny version" that just didn't work.
#5 Disaster Movie - For some reason I own it on DVD...bought it out of curiousity cheap from a super market. The film was unwatchable garbage, but I kinda liked the "I'm f**king Matt Damon" music video included in the extras.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 10:56:27 PM »

Yeah, folks, let's just ignore nearly 90 years worth of cinema because your first theater experience was Home Alone or Pretty Woman.

Don't know if you've read Stephen King's Danse Macabre, but it's worth the read.

He talks about how modern audiences don't fully appreciate older movies because they focus too much on the visuals.

Specifically, an audience in the '50's (for example) would accept the 50's visuals as being par for the course, and as such, keyed on the story.  The story may, or may not, have been "good," but the visual FX was not the "Focus" of the film.

Younger modern audiences look at older films and say, "That's not realistic."  Of course, at the time, that was neither possible nor even the goal.  But, at the time, it did not matter because nothing was visually realistic in film.

It's an interesting lens to use to examine difference audience groups.  As such, what is "good" or "bad" as voted by an Internet voting group is influenced by their own context.  I suspect a 1950's film goer would see BATTLEFIELD EARTH (for example) very, very differently than a modern voter.  By contrast, how is THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL seen by modern audiences?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:04:06 PM by ulthar » Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 11:03:28 PM »

And, another point. Modern audiences are preoccupied with plot points being "correct."  Older movies freely dove into "fiction" and did not worry with the audience accepting the premise. 

So, contemporary audiences view movies and delight in pointing out "That cannot happen" or "they would never do that." Since older movie makers worried less about factual basis when they were clearly in the realm of fiction, older movies are going to be judge more harshly.

And groups, movie advocates,  not knowing who Karloff is?  Shameful.  Purely shameful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 06:02:46 AM »

And, another point. Modern audiences are preoccupied with plot points being "correct."  Older movies freely dove into "fiction" and did not worry with the audience accepting the premise. 

So, contemporary audiences view movies and delight in pointing out "That cannot happen" or "they would never do that." Since older movie makers worried less about factual basis when they were clearly in the realm of fiction, older movies are going to be judge more harshly.

And groups, movie advocates,  not knowing who Karloff is?  Shameful.  Purely shameful.

The whole point of fantasy films-for me at least-is to suspend belief and become immersed into the unreal-to escape our fact bound world and dive into a world of the unreal and fantastic. Like Sinbad-to explore the unknown and marvel at it's wonders.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2014, 07:55:43 PM »

Cheers
me too,rc. i've been an a binge of movies made by the hammerfilm folks recently.
i threatened my young friend matt's life if he said"that's not possible" just one more time,lol!
he's a sweet boy,so he shut up. then,he started getting into the movie,had a blast,and i think i won't hear that much anymore.
and at 21,just so you know,karloff is one of his heroes! :)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2014, 08:38:57 PM »

Wow a lot of them clearly come from MST3K. What happened to Pocket Ninjas?

The top film was interesting because it's a Bollywood movie that Bangledeshis for some reason found offensive thus hundreds of that left angry one star reviews on IMDB. It was impossible to tell whether the film was actually bad or not, all of the reviews I saw were of a political nature.
claws
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 12:32:11 AM »

I know that Daniel der Zauberer (2004) was intentionally downvoted after some guys started a Internet petition/campaign. The reason being Daniel Küblböck who came in second in a "Germany Got Talent" type of show. In regards of annoying popularity (he was like the goofy version of Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus combined), his 15 minutes of fame consisted of a few cheesy pop songs and the movie Daniel der Zauberer.
The movie was indeed awful but it only got attention and many downvotes because of that campaign.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 06:23:46 PM »

Either I am not living up to my potential, or I am not living down to my potential. Of the IMDB Bottom 100, I have seen only . . . Drum roll please . . .

84. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

Yes, it is a product of the '60's, 1964 to be exact.
Yes, it is a film made for kids.
But, I enjoyed it.

It also has the distinction of being Pia Zadora's motion picture debut.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  IMDb Bottom 100 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.