Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:06:05 PM
714220 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  sleazy agent scene from 80s comedy « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: sleazy agent scene from 80s comedy  (Read 3446 times)
wondermanrules
Dedicated Viewer

« on: August 09, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »

Okay I really only remember one scene from this film. I kept thinking it might be Detective School Dropouts but I am unsure after watching the trailer for the film on YouTube.

The scene is two guys go into an old office building and the one is telling his friend about a talent agent they're going to meet saying something like, "He's got style, he's got class" and keeps saying what a wonderful, classy and kind man the agent is.  When the two men enter the waiting room its run down and filthy and filled with crappy stage acts one of which is an older woman with a girly looking dog. The one man says to the receptionist who he is and she tells the agent through the intercom and the agent, who is dressed in a 1970s era plaid suit jacket and has slicked back hair greets them and tells them to come right in.

The woman with the dog stands up in protest and she says something like, "This is outragous! Poopsie and I have been waiting here all morning!"

And the agent points at her and yells something like, "Hey you and your gay dog can go f**k yourselves lady!" and slams the door in her face.

When the agent invites the men for their meeting in his tiny dilapidated office in he is eating sardines and he gets the oil from them all over his hands as they talk. The agent looks around to see if he can wipe it on something and then he shrugs and slicks back his hair with his oily hands.

My father and I have laughed about this scene for ages and we can't recall what movie it's from. It used to be on HBO a lot in the 1980s and very early 90s.
wondermanrules
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 06:44:29 PM »

Okay I just watched Detective School Drop-Outs and this scene wasn't in that movie. So that one's ruled out at least.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 02:22:21 PM »

I'm almost certain that this is The Dark Backward (1991). I can't find any video to make sure of it, though.

If the agent you remember was played by Wayne Newton, than this is definitely the movie you're looking for.

Small | Large

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
wondermanrules
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 09:50:51 AM »

No it definitely wasn't Wayne Newton or the Dark Backward. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  sleazy agent scene from 80s comedy « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.