Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:33:04 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Philosophical Question of the Day . . . « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Philosophical Question of the Day . . .  (Read 14733 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2014, 12:07:49 AM »

This reminds me of that quote I emailed you the other day, ER.

Do you still have it?

I do indeed, sir, thank you!

War is a really awful invention, the Crusades little exception, but people today seem to forget that Moslems struck first, invading and conquering what had for half a millennium been Christian lands. Although granted that did take place about three centuries before Pope Urban got a bee in his three-tiered crown and concocted one of history's more successful sales pitches. What puzzles me is that if you get right down to it, Jerusalem is not all that attractive a piece of real estate (harder than you'd think to find a Starbucks there, and as for a good ham sandwich...forget it)  and yet people just keep killing each other over it era after era.  At least when Helen of Troy launched those thousand ships she could, you know, offer something in return. Jerusalem just lies there like a tenth grade girl on prom night.

The world's a weird place. I'll never understand it. Or why people like Kanye West.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2014, 08:42:36 AM »

You run an under-paying day care business, mostly a tax write-off, and there's one little A.D.D. boy who just WILL NOT go to sleep at nap-hour, which is your own personal me-time when you sext the person you're cheating on your siggie with, so natch you put tranquilizers in the little s**t's Juicy Juice, uh-kay? By semester's end the kid's addicted and his mom can't figure out why he's getting headaches and is so cranky in the evening, clawing his face and such. (And you refuse to give him a hit of the drug to tide him over before he leaves, 'cause let's face it, those pills aren't cheap or nothin'!) Now, you know the mom's a real b***h who wouldn't shut up about the drugging and if she found out it'd be blah-blah-blah lawsuit, cops. The dilemma comes in on whether you should think up a plan to get the mother hooked on the same drug so you can control the supply and keep her docile when you tell her what you've done, or do you just let the little punk scream and puke his way through withdrawals when he leaves your class, 'cause, hey, not your problem anymore?

Discuss?

And BTW, I have a reason for asking all this...

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2014, 05:47:01 PM »

It sounds like the person you are describing is human scum who has no business being near children AT ALL.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2014, 06:51:15 PM »

Sounds like a criminal act to me. Drugs and drug addiction is no laughing matter.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2014, 08:57:56 PM »

Let the little punk scream and puke.  The other option sounds like a Lifetime movie of the week script, but I have zero faith in it working in real life.  Of course, Jerry Springer is a millionaire...

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »

Children, even one afflicted with A.D.D. deserve to be treated well, especially by adults who are supposed to be caring for and protecting them. This person should be shot.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:06:26 AM by Dennis » Logged

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2014, 11:49:17 PM »

Assuming it was an unchangeable, lifelong circumstance, would it be better to spend your time on this earth being thought ethically upstanding, but secretly be morally bankrupt, or the reverse, to be despised as corrupt, but in actuality be a good person, even if no one else knew it?

What, though, if the first scenario brought you lifelong happiness and prosperity, while the latter engendered misery and destitution even unto your final breath?

And finally what if there was no karma or divine punishment/reward coming to balance the scales on human behavior, and this earthly life was all there was or ever would be? Which would be better in that case: outward respectability as a villain, or secret virtue as an outcast?

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2014, 05:40:24 AM »

That's too much to think about this early!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2014, 06:57:15 AM »

Here's another one for you: Will Trevor ever get clean undies?  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2014, 09:34:18 AM »

Assuming it was an unchangeable, lifelong circumstance, would it be better to spend your time on this earth being thought ethically upstanding, but secretly be morally bankrupt, or the reverse, to be despised as corrupt, but in actuality be a good person, even if no one else knew it?

What, though, if the first scenario brought you lifelong happiness and prosperity, while the latter engendered misery and destitution even unto your final breath?

And finally what if there was no karma or divine punishment/reward coming to balance the scales on human behavior, and this earthly life was all there was or ever would be? Which would be better in that case: outward respectability as a villain, or secret virtue as an outcast?

I would prefer to be a good person, even if no one knew and I was despised by others, with the other option, I would despise myself, no matter how much prosperity and happiness it brought me.

I agree, I now have a headache.

Here's another one for you: Will Trevor ever get clean undies?  Wink

Trevor my friend, if you give me your address I will send you a package of fresh tighty whities from Sam's Club.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2014, 09:47:13 AM »

I understand there's a franchise opportunity in South Africa, Trevor.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/oddities/1715648/man_crosses_canada_handing_out_underwear/

Flangepart

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2014, 12:20:57 PM »

Huh. A kinda 'Johnny Fruit of the Loom."

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »

A good person as a person who hasn't yet had the success I want in life yet I'm happy with who I am.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2014, 12:18:12 AM »

I understand there's a franchise opportunity in South Africa, Trevor.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/oddities/1715648/man_crosses_canada_handing_out_underwear/

BounceGiggle TeddyR LOL

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2014, 06:22:42 PM »

As you're heading out to lunch you see the boss who refused to give you a raise fall in the decorative pond in front of your office. He flails his arms and screams, "Help me, I can't swim!" Then begins to sink under the surface. Feeling a terrible sense of conflict just before you drive away, you wonder: should you go to McDonald's for lunch, or save a buck by microwaving something at the local Quik-E Mart?

Spending versus thriftiness is an ancient philosophical conundrum. What would you do?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Philosophical Question of the Day . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.