Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:52:55 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Aaron and Bianchi's "Thanos Rising" Dissected « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Aaron and Bianchi's "Thanos Rising" Dissected  (Read 14485 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 02:57:43 PM »

10 Questions

01. Why Aaron, or . . .
why is this not better written, when Aaron is such a good writer. Some people, including myself, have given it some thought, and these are my impressions.

a. Original vs. non-original
This is almost entirely original, when he seems to work better with a story that is not quite as original.

b. Solo author vs. multiple authors
Here he is the solo author, when he might write better with other authors, who can buttress his writings fore and aft.

c. Short vs. long
He might write better if he has longer to tell the story. Longer than what you find here.

02. Why Bianchi, or . . .
Why can an illustrator not draw a child that looks like a child instead of a miniature adult, which I have seen in some stories. Bianchi is not as bad as that, but the characters of the boy (Sogarth) and the girl (Loktus) are not drawn consistently, as their appearance differs from panel to panel, so they appear to be different ages at the same point in the story.

To be continued . . .
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2015, 03:36:59 PM »

Continuing . . .

03. Why is the 1st half of the story (chapters 1-2) more interesting than the 2nd half of the story (chapters 3-5?) (IMHO) Is it because . . .

I. In the 1st half, we have such characters as . . .

the father A'lars
the mother Sui-San
the brother Eros, who we never see here, but who we should see in the film, as a contrast to Thanos.
the grandfather Kronos
the schoolmates and friends . . .

Sogarth
Loktus
Cythera
Argos
et al.

II. And while there are anonymous characters, such as . . .

the Girl
the terrestrial biology professor
the doctor
the nurse
et al.

They are less anonymous, than the characters in the 2nd half, who personify anonymous, such as . . .

anonymous wives
anonymous offspring
anonymous pirates, except for the pirate captain
anonymous victims of the pirates
et al.

III. And the victims of Thanos are more individualized in the 1st half of the story, then in the 2nd half of the story (See I and II.)

04. If Thanos is based on Jeffrey Dahmer, as some have claimed, can we add cannibalism to Thanos' crimes, as Dahmer ate, a portion, of some of his victims? And did Thanos keep a souvenir of his victims, such as Dahmer did?

To be continued . . .
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2015, 03:12:25 PM »

Continuing with . . .

05. What was on the wall of the cave in that one scene?

A: We don't know, at least I don't, but it does speak of ideas brought up and never fully developed, and (IMHO) the shortcomings of the author and illustrator.

06. Why when "Thanos Rising" is reviewed, is the murder of Thanos' mother Sui-San, depicted in illustrations of the review, more often than the murder of the boy (Sogarth) and the girl (Loktus?)
Is it because the murder of the one is more or less . . .

(a.) horrifying
(b.) interesting
(c.) perverse

. . . then the murder of the two?

To be continued . . .
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2015, 03:36:44 PM »

Continuing . . .

07. Why are the students, including Thanos, still doing dissection of dead animals in biology class, when computer simulations are possible, even now?

08. Why of all the humanoids in the universe, did Ms. Death pick Thanos as her champion?

To be continued . . .
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2015, 01:38:35 PM »

Continuing . . .

09. Why did Thanos' secret lab--apparently--survive mostly intact, when the destruction of Titan was suppose to be total?

10. Why of everything that Thanos could have drawn, the 1st thing we know he drew was of a dead green tail lizard?

A.: Here we have an answer, and to paraphrase someone else's answer. "That was the 1st indication that we have of Thanos' interest in dead things and death."

Next time: 6 afterthoughts
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2015, 02:14:14 PM »

6 Afterthoughts

01. It is surprising that Grandfather thinks the boy (Sogarth) and the girl  (Loktus) are missing, because they have been taken off planet and into space by what can only be called pedophile (and here the term is used in its broadest sense) spacers, and that both the boy and the girl are now dead. Of course, the reader is given no reason as to why Grandfather thinks this.

02. It is almost as surprising that the concept of pedophilia (again using it in its broadest sense) is still known on Titan, when that concept would/should/could have been removed from memory long ago. Of course, this is from Grandfather, who is probably the oldest Titan on Titan, and thus remember things when.

Next time: to be continued
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 04:32:45 PM »

Continuing . . .

03. Like some of earth's serial killers, Thanos psychological need to show dominance over his victims was to dehumanize and humiliate his victims by stripping them  of most or all of their clothing, then torturing them in a state of complete nudity or semi-nudity, and then finally killing and then burying them in that state and condition.

04. Thus, the Titans' thinking probably does not differ much, in some aspects, from the thinking of Earthlings.

To be continued . . .
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 04:04:48 PM »

Continuing . . .

05. Kill 18 people, as Thanos did, on Titan, and people call it murder. Kill thousands, even hundreds, off and on Titan, and people call it war.

06. Apparently, this is not the only retcon on the origins of Thanos, but . . .?! It is the only one I have read. I don't know whether I'll ever read the others, as I'm afraid they'll only confuse me further as to what were his origins.

Next time: Final thoughts
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 05:08:31 PM »

And in conclusion . . .

What we have here is a brain damaged individual, who has been brain damaged since birth, and who received further damage to the brain, when he was concussed in a cave-in.

Who mistrusts women, except for one woman, and who feels constantly betrayed by women, ever since his mother tried to kill him at birth up to the time he caught her cheating on him and his father with the terrestrial biology professor at school.

. . .?

To be continued
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2015, 05:11:46 PM »

But, who is trying to win his father's approval, the man who saved him from his mother, by besting his father in the one thing they both do so well, and that is terrestrial biology.

Even as he is being egged on by the one woman he trusts, who has her own agenda, to greater and greater murders, till she betrays him as the end, as well.

That is how I would do it, and how I would like to see the film about Thanos come out.

Next time: here. Shakespeare's solution : kill the kid.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Aaron and Bianchi's "Thanos Rising" Dissected « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.