Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:54:59 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are You A Hero Or A Villain? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Are You A Hero Or A Villain?  (Read 5257 times)
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 22, 2014, 07:37:41 PM »

Are You A Hero Or A Villain?

You got: Villain
You possess a distinct and prominent dark side. While it’s not so easy to narrowly define you, you’re more often selfish than selfless. You pretty much do what you want when you want, and you’d love to see who’s going to try to stop you. The whole world is your playground and you’re the resident bully.

I wouldn't say I'm a bully I just enjoy playing games with other people. They just don't know we're playing.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 06:52:29 AM »

Is this the quiz you're talking about?  http://www.playbuzz.com/jonb10/are-you-a-hero-or-a-villain

I'm an anti-hero.

Some people may call you an opportunist. Others may call you wishy-washy. But you - you're an Anti-Hero - the best of both worlds. Your moral compass is indefinite, and serves the betterment of the world, but not at the expense of reason and common sense. You do not hesitate to break the rules or step out of line if it is for the greater-good. You see the flaws in humanity, and recognize that society itself just may be doomed to failure. Yet something inside of you refuses to give up on your fellow-man, and pushes you to take care of those less fortunate than yourself. Now go forth, Anti-Hero, and join the ranks of Wolverine, Rorschach, and The Punisher to make a mess of the bad guys and take care of the good ones!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flangepart

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 07:59:39 AM »

HERO.
Hummm...suprised me.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 09:39:18 AM »

Same as Jack...the Anti-Hero.
Hmm...I could live with that.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 10:23:29 AM »

Anti-Hero.  Which I suppose is better than being an Auntie Hero.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 01:51:42 PM »

Hero

"Peace! Truth! Justice! - You are a sentinel of liberty, a truly upstanding citizen who takes the needs of others into account before your own. For you, life is about making a difference - about leaving the world a better place than when you found it. Others look to you for inspiration, for guidance, and above all - leadership. The thought of being a tried and true hero does not embarrass you in the least - It fills you with pride. Now go forth, hero, and join the ranks of Superman, Captain America, Batman, and Spiderman - Make a difference!"

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
ChaosTheory

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 02:03:39 PM »

I got Villain.

Magneto and I are just misunderstood  TeddyR

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 04:32:49 PM »

Anti-Hero.  How 90's.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 05:13:16 PM »

At last, a way to quantify whether I am a hero or a villain. Something I have been trying to decide for the past 45 years. And it turns out that I am a "Hero." I must be more heroic than I think, because that would not be my 1st guess. Of course, the villains I am thinking about are probably not the villains thought about by the person who made up the quiz.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Bushma

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 09:21:48 PM »

Is this the quiz you're talking about?  http://www.playbuzz.com/jonb10/are-you-a-hero-or-a-villain

DOH! Thanks Jack!  I can't believe I forgot to add the link.

So I work with a bunch of and here I socialize with a bunch of anti-heros. Where oh where does a villain belong?!

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 02:25:43 PM »

When I bespoke of villains, here are some of the villains of which I was speaking.

Alistair Maclean's "Puppet on a Chain." Marcel
Agatha Christie's "Underdog." Owen Trefusis
Julian Symon's "Progress of the Crime." Cole Winter (d)
Charles Dickens' "Hard Times." Thomas "Tom"  Gradgrind (d)
William Nolan's "Logan's World." (Ernst) (d)
Al Hines' "Juggernaut." Freddie Becker
Sjowall and Wahloo's "Cop Killer." Ronnie Caspersson
Anthony Hope's "Rupert of Hentzau." The Count of Luzau-Rischenheim
Per Lagerkvist's "The Dwarf." Prince Giovanni (d)
Rosemary Temperley's "Suspicion." Ronald Lakey (d)
Marta Randall's "The Sword of Winter." Laret
Stella Philips' "The Hidden Wrath." Miles Paris (d)
Bill Crider's "Ryan Rides Back." Billy Kane (d)
Thompson and Carter's "River Wind, the Plainsman." Krago (d)
Lee and Andrews' "Malibu 903613." Daniel "Danny" McClintock.
Simon Hawke's "The Nomad." Valsavias (d)
Friedman and Golden's "1st Virtue" Wyl (d)
Fergus Ryan's "The Siege of Mt. Never Mind." Malian Kharogs (d)

A small (d) after the character's name indicates a deceased character from such means as . . .

hanged -- fever -- landslide -- beheaded -- shot -- fall -- shot (crossbow) -- knifed -- and fire.

"He ain't foolin' a-round!"
Javakoala
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »

Some people may call you an opportunist. Others may call you wishy-washy. But you - you're an Anti-Hero - the best of both worlds. Your moral compass is indefinite, and serves the betterment of the world, but not at the expense of reason and common sense. You do not hesitate to break the rules or step out of line if it is for the greater-good. You see the flaws in humanity, and recognize that society itself just may be doomed to failure. Yet something inside of you refuses to give up on your fellow-man, and pushes you to take care of those less fortunate than yourself. Now go forth, Anti-Hero, and join the ranks of Wolverine, Rorschach, and The Punisher to make a mess of the bad guys and take care of the good ones!

Yeah, that fits actually. Some people, even when they are "right", need the living snot beat out of them. Some people just need to die, even if it is to prove a point to others of their kind.

Or, as Warren Zevon stated so well, "You wanna die, but you just can't quit, Let me break it on down, That's some f*cked up sh!t." That's how I look at life and this world. I'd love to walk away from it all, but I just can't.

I AM the Anti-hero!!!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 10:10:16 PM »

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 06:24:16 AM »

I got anti hero too.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are You A Hero Or A Villain? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.