Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:21:48 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Okay, big list of "Has Anyone Seen...."? here « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Okay, big list of "Has Anyone Seen...."? here  (Read 3816 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 18, 2016, 02:32:55 AM »

So, missed out on a lot of stuff, still a lot of films out there I haven't gotten to seen, but I've been trying to catch up.  That being, I was wanting to know if anyone's seen the following and if so, what they though of them.  (No spoilers please). 

And yeah, I've done searches on the board for some of these, and a few them I couldn't find results for.

Krampus, Cooties, Final Girls (the one where they're trapped in the 80s slasher movie, not the one where the two guys are hunting down a woman, that's Final Girl, I believe), Brick Mansions, It Follows, and.. well, that's all I can think of for now. 

Thanks in advance!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 07:01:02 AM »

I liked IT FOLLOWS.  Thing about that movie is, you'd think it would be at least somewhat sexy given the subject matter, but it carries a dark sense of foreboding throughout and doesn't go for the titillation factor at all.  It was a grim and disturbing morality tale for the hookup generation.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 07:23:09 AM »

Ditto on IT FOLLOWS, only one of those I've seen. I liked it, didn't love it. Loved the premise, not happy with the way it ended.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 07:42:39 AM »

I personally can recommend Krampus, It follows and Final Girls. Krampus is perfect to watch around Christmas if you like something more sinister, yet fun. It follows has a unique plot that's really refreshing and new. Final Girls is just pure fun. Like watching a kid from today seeing his first 80s slasher with all his glorious cheesiness.

dean

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 07:50:17 AM »

Glanced at Final Girls, it looks fun but I didn't have time to watch it when I checked it out. Krampus is on my list to see and I enjoyed It Follows overall, but the hype around it is definitely not warranted. It'd be a good get under a blanket and zone out on a cold night movie. Don't know Cooties!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
AoTFan

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 12:28:29 AM »

No one here has seen Cooties?  I'm surprised.  Looks like something we on this board would eat up.

It's about an elementary school where a batch of tainted chicken nuggets turn the children into rabid killers, and the misfit teachers have to join together to survive.  

Small | Large

Neatly enough there was a graphic novel that came out years ago with a similar premise, but in reverse, a bunch of a kids have to join together when a zombie virus hits their school and turns all those who get bitten and have gone through puberty into zombies.  It was called Recess Pieces, and it was really funny book.

https://www.amazon.com/Recess-Pieces-Bob-Fingerman/dp/1593074506/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1471584443&sr=8-7&keywords=recess+pieces

Oh, yeah, though of another one.  Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse.  
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:29:16 PM by AoTFan » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 07:07:44 AM »

SCOUTS GUIDE TO THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE was brilliant and hilarious!  I rented that one the first day it was available.  Definitely worth a watch!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 09:28:34 PM »

Hm... the only one I've seen from that list is Krampus, which I really liked. It has fun characters a good plot and some neat critters. I'd recommend watching it around Christmas or somewhere in the winter. Suits the mood better, in my opinion.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 10:02:15 PM »

I watched It Follows, but it took a couple of tries for me to finish it.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Newt138
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 06:29:41 PM »

Saw Cooties last year in October. I had never heard of it,but my girlfriend had and wanted to see it. Damn good movie. We need more films like it.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 09:35:15 AM »

I didn't like Krampus. the first half was a rip off of Christmas vacation and the second half lacked imagination
AoTFan

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 08:19:08 PM »

Anyone seen the film Wer?  I just saw a trailer for it, but I think it came out in 2012 or so. 

Small | Large
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 08:42:29 PM »

YES!! And I loved it!
A really cool re-interpretation of the werewolf mythos.  I think I posted a review of it on here somewhere.
I HIGHLY recommend it!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Okay, big list of "Has Anyone Seen...."? here « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.