Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:48:37 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Purge « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Purge  (Read 1695 times)
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« on: September 30, 2014, 10:52:38 AM »

I have gotten obsessed with these two movies. This happens to me a lot. I must admit on the first movie when announcing the commencement off the annual purge. My heart raced. Cause I see this sort off thing as a possibly to happen in the future.

This movie also makes your wonder if there ever was a purge. What would you do? Hide? Purge? Ignore? Be a hero? Protest? Sleep? Panic? Get revenge? Save people when going out on purge night for different reasons? Watch someone you love die? Get stuck out there somehow? Die? Watch someone you hate die? Save someone you hate? Makes lots off money off this somehow... What?

I am pretty sure I am would go out and try to save people... Then die. But you know! At least I follow my dreams and stuff...

For those who have seen both movies. I am curious on which you think is better and why. I personally am interested cause this could happen, especially in america. Also it is very creepy when rich people hold hands and pray about america before purging... If this film was a current reality I would just jump out at them being all like "Can't you see? THERE IS NO GOD HERE ANYMORE! I ATE HIM CAUSE THE PURGE LET ME! *Manic laughter*" Then I would die or something... Whatever.

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
StinkerMadness
Stinker Man
Dedicated Viewer

It Stinks!

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 11:33:09 AM »

Wow, not trying to start an opinion war or anything but just stating my thoughts. I thought the Purge was a great concept and I was pretty excited about seeing the first one. But the execution of the idea was SOOO dumb IMO. So his neighbors want to kill him for making money on the one thing that is protecting them? They don't like that he made money off their security? Then don't buy his services you boobs.

Stinker Madness's deleted scene:
The setting: Months before the Purge a security man knocks on a door hoping to sell some stuff

Security guy: Hello, I'm Bill with XYZ Security. The Purge is coming up and I thought you'd like to know of a few ways to make your beautiful home and family even better protected.
Homeowner: Is if free?
Security guy: Well no of course not. We live it a capitalist society and in order for the society to grow I must earn money in exchange for my goods and services. Perhaps you are thinking of North Korea?
Homeowner: Dammit, I want to be safe but if I exchange my money for his services then I'll grow jealous of his assets and want to kill him.  Will my problems never cease?!?!
Security guy: Maybe I'll come back later....

It was so poorly thought out that I just steered clear of the second one... Sorry.

BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 03:59:28 AM »

I personally am interested cause this could happen, especially in america.

Theres the problem - the concept is reliant on realism, which the movie lacks.

In the first one, apparently "no law" means "no emotional connections" (to prevent that guy trying realising killing his girlfriend's dad will terminate their relationship immediately) and "no common sense" (to prevent that gang leader realising killing his friend over a tiny thing is something he'd regret pretty much forever).

Didn't watch the second one.

But frankly, anyone who sees any social commentary in the first one is overlooking its complete failure to portray humans.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:13:23 AM by BakuryuuTyranno » Logged
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 04:27:52 AM »

Well I think the boyfriend not understanding the girlfriend would not want to stay with him after killing her dad, and the neighbors killing someone for making money off their safety was a social comment on how much people see laws as just rules and without deeper understanding off lasting consequences the reason the law is there to protect people, in terms off safety and avoiding hurt people. The only consequence they see is what the law will do too them not other horrible things. That is what I saw. And also people in general are just dumb and do not tend to think things through. Trust me I have know some extreme idiots who are worse in their thinking than the logic in the purge... And this is why I talk to you guys about cool stuff. xD

Also fun fact apparently some people thought the Purge was a real thing about to happen. (If you look up the advertisement for the movie you can actually see how it is a bit misleading) Also peopled tried to make it happen.

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Purge « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.