Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:08:38 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  SCARIEST DREAM(S) YOU EVER HAD « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SCARIEST DREAM(S) YOU EVER HAD  (Read 3705 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: October 08, 2014, 11:32:53 AM »

I was about seventeen when I had this one....

I was walking down Broadway, and I wanted to know the time. I didn't wear a watch in those days, so I walked up to a man standing at the corner, with his back to me. I said, Excuse me", and he turned around, and he had the most horrible face, I can't even describe it.

I took off running, and ran up to a blue and white parked at the curb. I started to tell the officer what I'd seen, when I saw that he had the same face! I ran again, and there were suddenly dozens of people chasing me, all with that face!

I woke up in a cold sweat, gasping for breath. I walked into the kitchen, where my mother was doing dishes. I said to her, "Ma, I just had the weirdest dream", and she turned from the sink, with the same face, and lunged at me....

That's when I woke up for real.

A few months later, I had a dream where I was walking down our street with my dog. The air was heavy, and hazy, and hard to breathe. All around me, I saw people choking on the malodorous atmosphere, coughing, sinking to their knees, then falling, not rising again.

My dog began to cough, and sank to the pavement, unmoving. I tried to revive him, and finally took him in my arms, carrying him through the lethal smog, trying to get us home.

I could feel my limbs becoming heavier, walking harder. My dog slipped from my grasp, as I began to collapse to the ground.

Then, I awoke.

What dreams woke you in a cold sweat?

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 04:31:14 PM »

I had one where there was an Asian guy who was somehow upside down with a noose around his neck, catching blood coming from his mouth in a weird necklace around his neck. It was like an insane Shaw bros movie
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 11:13:41 PM »

I had a recurring nightmare of being stalked and hunted by a Predator after watching that film for the 1st time in the 80s. It was very vibrant and real. Somehow I managed to elude him for long stretches but inevitably he'd find my heat signature and just as he was about to make the kill, I'd wake up.

The Old Hag experience was one of the very worst. I was laying in bed and in my dream trying to sleep so this was disturbingly real and then I heard this horrible cackling and you could tell from the voice that this was something really evil. First I heard it in the distance and gradually I could hear these footsteps and the cackling growing as I could hear it slowly approaching my room. The evil menace of it just had me feeling completely terrified. Suddenly the door to my room burst open but I actually saw nothing there...next thing almost out of the corner of my eye I saw this terrible, absolutely hideous monstrosity of an old woman maniacally lunging at me. Next thing I knew it was right on top of me trying to choke me, smother me. I could see this hideous face looking at me with the obvious intention of murdering me, her breath the most godwaful rotten eggs sulfur stench I've ever smelled. I struggled but found myself pretty much paralyzed in fear and terror unable to move. It took almost every bit of strength I had to finally be able to move my hands and push her off and then I woke up covered in sweat and terrified. Needless to say, I didn't sleep any more that morning.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 12:58:05 AM »

First of all, BrotherAlan - I trust that SisterTracy is well as we haven't seen her on here for a while.  Smile

The scariest dream I ever had involved me meeting Princess Diana in Paris after her fatal accident - just the way she looked (maggots eating her face  Buggedout) and acted (she knew my name  Buggedout) was enough to put me off sleeping any more that night.

The recurring dream I have is returning to my home town in Zimbabwe and finding everything in ruins - the church where I was baptized, confirmed and was a Sunday School teacher at for a while is harboring true evil under the pulpit - and the only building still standing is the cinema there which is screening well known films with truly horrible images.  Buggedout

I should just add that when I have my recurring dream, that is when I know that I have to slow down and take it easy as that dream is a warning. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:13:31 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 01:43:01 PM »

I had a recurring nightmare of being stalked and hunted by a Predator after watching that film for the 1st time in the 80s. It was very vibrant and real. Somehow I managed to elude him for long stretches but inevitably he'd find my heat signature and just as he was about to make the kill, I'd wake up.

The Old Hag experience was one of the very worst. I was laying in bed and in my dream trying to sleep so this was disturbingly real and then I heard this horrible cackling and you could tell from the voice that this was something really evil. First I heard it in the distance and gradually I could hear these footsteps and the cackling growing as I could hear it slowly approaching my room. The evil menace of it just had me feeling completely terrified. Suddenly the door to my room burst open but I actually saw nothing there...next thing almost out of the corner of my eye I saw this terrible, absolutely hideous monstrosity of an old woman maniacally lunging at me. Next thing I knew it was right on top of me trying to choke me, smother me. I could see this hideous face looking at me with the obvious intention of murdering me, her breath the most godwaful rotten eggs sulfur stench I've ever smelled. I struggled but found myself pretty much paralyzed in fear and terror unable to move. It took almost every bit of strength I had to finally be able to move my hands and push her off and then I woke up covered in sweat and terrified. Needless to say, I didn't sleep any more that morning.

I've experienced the Hag; I believe it to be a demonic manifestation.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 01:46:38 PM »

First of all, BrotherAlan - I trust that SisterTracy is well as we haven't seen her on here for a while.  Smile

The scariest dream I ever had involved me meeting Princess Diana in Paris after her fatal accident - just the way she looked (maggots eating her face  Buggedout) and acted (she knew my name  Buggedout) was enough to put me off sleeping any more that night.

The recurring dream I have is returning to my home town in Zimbabwe and finding everything in ruins - the church where I was baptized, confirmed and was a Sunday School teacher at for a while is harboring true evil under the pulpit - and the only building still standing is the cinema there which is screening well known films with truly horrible images.  Buggedout

I should just add that when I have my recurring dream, that is when I know that I have to slow down and take it easy as that dream is a warning. 

Trace is doing well, as is her sister-she just dropped me and our daughter off at the library on her way to work.
Dreams like that are warnings, and I'm glad you're heeding this....just prior to my overdose in '78, I had wake-up-screaming nightmares nearly every night.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 03:44:28 PM »

That's a good point, Alan.

A man I was crazy in love with a decade ago had frequent sleep  paralysis, often involving visits from the Old Hag, which I hadn't heard of before he told me about her, and while I accepted his belief that she was all in the mind, I also raised the idea of the supernatural, and we'd occasionally chase that rabbit.

He accepted reincarnation as a reality and believed his home was haunted (a teenaged girl who lived in the house in the 1980s went insane there in a very bad way according to some of his neighbors; several unrelated Mexican housekeepers just up and quit because they got so spooked there in his early 1980s-vintage perfectly nice suburban residence), but he was adamant about the Hag being merely a symptom of the disorder.

I couldn't help but push the point that for someone willing to accept ghosts he was quick to close his mind on the whole demonic angle of the Old Hag when virtually every religion and culture on earth has bad spirits as part of its mythos. He never did budge, though, and I'm not saying he was wrong, just, well, how could he be sure? He would tell me about the Hag smothering him, standing leering over him, cackling and mumbling in some garbled language right above him as he laid there unable to move a muscle, and described the helpless terror of it. Yet about as far as he was ever willing to go on the matter of real versus dream state was to comment, "If the Old Hag is real then we are all of us already living in Hell."

He's a unique person and I really miss him.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 04:51:22 PM »

When I was a little kid I'd always have a dream that I was alone at night in a department store.  I was up at the big glass doors in front trying to get out, but never could.  Oh I was so scared  BounceGiggle

I had other dreams where I'd be trying to run away from something but my legs would move like I was in waist-deep molasses or something.  

My subconscious mind truly hates me.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 07:33:46 PM »

That's a good point, Alan.

A man I was crazy in love with a decade ago had frequent sleep  paralysis, often involving visits from the Old Hag, which I hadn't heard of before he told me about her, and while I accepted his belief that she was all in the mind, I also raised the idea of the supernatural, and we'd occasionally chase that rabbit.

He accepted reincarnation as a reality and believed his home was haunted (a teenaged girl who lived in the house in the 1980s went insane there in a very bad way according to some of his neighbors; several unrelated Mexican housekeepers just up and quit because they got so spooked there in his early 1980s-vintage perfectly nice suburban residence), but he was adamant about the Hag being merely a symptom of the disorder.

I couldn't help but push the point that for someone willing to accept ghosts he was quick to close his mind on the whole demonic angle of the Old Hag when virtually every religion and culture on earth has bad spirits as part of its mythos. He never did budge, though, and I'm not saying he was wrong, just, well, how could he be sure? He would tell me about the Hag smothering him, standing leering over him, cackling and mumbling in some garbled language right above him as he laid there unable to move a muscle, and described the helpless terror of it. Yet about as far as he was ever willing to go on the matter of real versus dream state was to comment, "If the Old Hag is real then we are all of us already living in Hell."

He's a unique person and I really miss him.

Here in Newfoundland, the Hag seems to be very common. I've been told by some older folks that they believe when it visits you, someone had put an hex on you for some reason. It's been called "Hagrod" by them. I was told putting a bible, particularly a new testament under your pillow will act as a defense against it. .

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 11:09:40 PM »

In 2004 I had a dream that scared me so much I wrote it down.

The gist was I was in a car with a stranger who wouldn't answer me when I talked to him and whose face I couldn't quite make out, and he pulled up to this brick building in some little town where I'd never been, and inside the building was a fine dining type restaurant. I got out and he drove off leaving me standing there. I noticed I was formally dressed, like for some significant event. I was also aware I had no money. My memory was blank and I was on the sidewalk thinking I didn't know where I was or how I was going to get back. And then even in my dream I realized I also had no idea who I was or how I came to be wherever it was I found myself. I walked into the restaurant and instantly knew the place was uncomfortably weird, but a server came over as if expecting me and he showed me to a white cloth-covered table and put this bowl in front of me and in it was this disgusting pile of what looked like raw chunks of internal organ meat, like liver.

Then the dream seemed to move forward and I looked around and somehow knew that all the people sitting up around the tables in the restaurant were dead and propped up in their seats dressed in fancy clothes. At that second a door to the kitchen area opened and out walked a man I knew was a funeral director wearing this white lab coat, and he grabbed me and started physically pulling me back to this room where he did embalming, and in the dream itself I was freaking out trying to insist I wasn't dead, but I also woke up yelling and so disturbed I didn't sleep again that night.

The next morning I told all this to a friend who'd always swap dream stories with me, and he said, "Even by your standards that's weird."

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 06:43:16 PM »

Scary movies used to manifest into sweat-pouring nightmares when I was a kid.  Far too many to name any specific ones in particular.  Glad I got over that.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 02:05:55 AM »

Sleep Paralysis.

Several of you mentioned the "Old Hag" syndrome, and not to discount your analysis, this is very similar to the phenomenon of sleep paralysis.

Every time it happens to me, it feels like I am asleep in my bed (which I am), but there is something else in my room whose physical presence I can feel. At it's most benign, it's like a person sitting down on the mattress next to me. Other times it is like a person crawling on top of me and pressing down. Nobody wants that from anybody other than a significant other. And still other times it is like there is a cat in my bedroom who is bouncing around all over my mattress.

Every time it happens it's disconcerting as all get out.

But as scary as that is, this is not an uncommon occurrence in the population at all. It's just an imbalance in the way your body tries to wake you up and the way dream cycles occur. Nothing supernatural, it's just the way your brain can occasionally misfire. It happens to a lot of people, even if they don't all talk about it.

Here's the thing, it only happens to me after I have spent several nights drinking and then quit. Drinking alcohol, if you don't know, messes with your bodies normal REM cycles. Simply put, you don't get the full good nights of sleep you need. If you do that for several days, you back up on REM sleep. Lack of REM sleep has been known to cause full blown psychosis in conscious individuals. So if you drink multiple nights in a row, and then stop, your body has a bunch of neurotransmitters it's been waiting to put back in to good use, which it does.

And most times I do that I get sleep paralysis.

Now you could blame that on actual demons, but in my case its more on my purposeful use of "demon drink" messing with my biochemistry. It is the only time it ever happens to me.

Don't rule it out. I'd be happy to discuss the role of neurotransmitters and sleep cycles if you read the article and don't close your mind.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 02:55:59 AM »

Trace is doing well, as is her sister-she just dropped me and our daughter off at the library on her way to work.
Dreams like that are warnings, and I'm glad you're heeding this....just prior to my overdose in '78, I had wake-up-screaming nightmares nearly every night.

Give SisterT a hug from me.  Smile

Another warning dream I have is if I dream about my Dad who passed on in 2008: it is always nice to see him but those dreams are also a warning about trouble to come or something good on the way. The last time I dreamt about Dad was about three weeks ago: he was driving a car and showing me what to do with it, how, when and where.

Two days later I got my new(ish) car which is going great thus far.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 03:59:40 AM »

I only had two dreams where I woke up screaming. Once as a kid (4-6 years old) I dreamed my parents eyes fell out their sockets, with my Grandmother scooping them up the floor with a little broom and shovel. After waking up I was hysterical, my mom trying to calm me down for a couple of hours.

I was about 19 or 20 (around Christmas time) when I dreamed about shadow beings trying to get into our house. In my dream my father tried to fight them off with a rifle, but at some point he started to scream in fear. That scared me so much that I woke up. That's when I felt a weight pushing down on my body, and when I opened my eyes I was staring at my own self, like standing very close to a mirror. I was freaking out because of myself lying on top of me staring into my eyes. Then my "twin" said something I don't remember, that's when I woke up for real, screaming. I couldn't go back to sleep for the rest of the night (it was around 4:00 am). What scared me the most was the realism of the dream. It just didn't feel like a dream at all.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 06:49:16 PM »

I had a really bad dream about a UFO invasion once. I'd try and hide places to avoid it spotting me in my dream but no matter where I ran or went, it was always there waiting for me every time I ran away, it would find me again and again. In the end, a gigantic alien creature incomprehensibly stepped out of it (it looked bigger than the ship from which it emerged) and it looked mighty hungry...needless to say, I woke up screaming.

With regards to the sleep paralysis or the Hag (I'm honestly not sure what the truth is but what I find disturbing about the Hag is the similarity in stories regarding it and those who actually have seen the Hag itself), I've only had one single experience like I described above (thankfully). I did have another one where a sheeted figure attacked me (you know ghost in a sheet) and I had to fight that off and woke up and found I had cut my foot somehow in the struggle. I was screaming so long and loud during this nightmare struggle (the sheeted one, I couldn't move or make a sound during the Hag visit) somebody in the house actually thought somebody was being murdered outside the house.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  SCARIEST DREAM(S) YOU EVER HAD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.