Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:45:26 AM
713338 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  what's everyone giving for Christmas? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: what's everyone giving for Christmas?  (Read 5232 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« on: October 14, 2014, 08:46:45 AM »

So yeah, I got the bulk of my Christmas shopping done yesterday.

My brother is getting Once Upon a Time in America the extended directors cut on bluray.
My dad is getting the entire Puppetmaster series on 1 DVD, it's a 9 films on 1 DVD type deal.
My mom is getting Water for Elephants.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 12:05:14 PM »

Congrat's on getting that done with so early lol.  I haven't even begun to think about it yet.  I usually like to wait until golf season is at least officially over with.   Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 02:23:07 PM »

I usually go shopping on Black Friday, but I hardly ever buy anything.  I end up doing most of my shopping on various websites.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 08:56:59 PM »

I do my Christmas shopping around about Christmas Eve or so.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 09:29:10 PM »

For the last five years it's been gift cards for just about everyone - kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews.  My hubby and I get each other one pricy gift we really want (last year I got a camera and and he got a gold chain) and then little stocking stuff junk for each other.  This year I think I'm gonna buy some clothes for hubby. I work part-time in Walmart, so I'm gonna starting picking up a few little things that he wouldn't go out and buy for himself.  He could use hunting socks, some thermals, and a really good travel coffee mug.  Me, I could use some thermals - for work.  It's friggin' cold in the store in the winter!

Hold onto your dreams ....
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 11:18:08 PM »

Luckily for me, my girlfriend does most of the shopping. Sadly, I don't know many who actually collect movies and watch them. Most just watch the latest thing on tv or the web...so most gifts strike me as kind of boring really...more useful items than anything. Hope I get some New York Rangers stuff even if they are sucking lately.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 03:27:27 AM »

My brother is getting Once Upon a Time in America the extended directors cut on bluray.

How long is that cut, Bob? I remember seeing that film when it was released and it was butchered.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 03:40:01 AM »

For the last five years it's been gift cards for just about everyone - kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews.  My hubby and I get each other one pricy gift we really want (last year I got a camera and and he got a gold chain) and then little stocking stuff junk for each other.  This year I think I'm gonna buy some clothes for hubby. I work part-time in Walmart, so I'm gonna starting picking up a few little things that he wouldn't go out and buy for himself.  He could use hunting socks, some thermals, and a really good travel coffee mug.  Me, I could use some thermals - for work.  It's friggin' cold in the store in the winter!

While you're there, some undies please.....  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 12:43:35 PM »

How long is that cut, Bob? I remember seeing that film when it was released and it was butchered.  Buggedout

251 minutes

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 09:12:07 PM »

251 minutes

I have it on DVD.  It's SO much better than the shorter theatrical cut (which made absolutely no sense to me when I saw it in the theater).  Excellent movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 05:59:42 PM »

Maybe we should all buy a copy or two of indy's book and give it as a present to the readers on our lists. It's a fine tale.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 11:00:11 PM »

So what did everyone end up giving others?

In addition to everything in the first post I gave an uncle a $30 Amazon gift card.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 11:32:32 PM »

I gave my girlfriend a bunch of Disney movies (she loves those), an ABBA cd (she loves them too),  Season 1 of Little House on the Prairie, assorted clothing and bath products. I bought a bunch of TV seasons mainly out of the Christmas money I received (including Kung Fu, Three's Company, Gilligan's Island, The Twilight Zone 80s series, The Six Million Dollar Man). I got The Man From UNCLE series from my parents as well as a season of Tales From the Cryptkeeper. My girlfriend gave me a Die Hard collection, Avatar special edition (I still haven't seen that yet), and Maleficent. I got a bunch of clothes I needed including a winter jacket, leather jacket, plaid coat, lounge pants, socks, bath products..did pretty well altogether.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 09:30:26 AM »

Got my wife one of those charm bracelets that seem to be the big thing this year.  And she bought herself a whole bunch of clothes.  Our oldest girl got a new iPhone and a cappuccino maker (which I'm enjoying right now - yummy! Smile ) and some books and clothes and a "thought of the day" cat calendar.  Our younger daughter got a whole bunch of clothes and some housewares stuff for her apartment.  

My mom got her usual gift certificate for the clothing store my wife works at and I bought dad a bird feeder lol.  He's absolutely impossible to shop for and they enjoy looking at the birds in their backyard so it seemed as good as anything.

Mr. Fluffies got 3 toy mice and a cute cat planter to grow grass in.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 09:32:37 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 01:40:36 PM »

Mother: Starbuck's gift card & promise to take her out to use it
Father: Pajama pants
Brother: Beer
Sister-in-law: Wine
Nephew: Some kind of stuffed video game character that comes with downloadable content
Nephew 2: A bad movie book (his mom got him the exact same one so I'll be getting him something else)
Niece: Scarf
Sort-of-but-not-really-girlfriend: E-liquid, Ibuprofen (there's a story behind that of course)

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  what's everyone giving for Christmas? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.