Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:46:34 PM
713352 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  HBOAnnounces Streaming Service « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HBOAnnounces Streaming Service  (Read 2894 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: October 16, 2014, 11:52:17 AM »

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/10/16/3580491/netflix-hbo-cbs-streaming/

Most people seem thrilled, but to me, this seems terrible for consumers. What would have been good is if HBO had licensed its content to Netflix, instead of starting their own pay service. If every provider keeps their exclusively licensed content on their own service, we'll either have to accept less choices, or buy individual subs to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, CBS, HBO and who knows what else---very soon, it's more expensive than cable was.

I used to think that cable companies were shamelessly lying when they said bundling was better for consumers than a la carte, but it a la carte pricing is $8+ per channel, they're right.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
StinkerMadness
Stinker Man
Dedicated Viewer

It Stinks!

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 11:30:59 AM »

I think it purely depends on the price. You can get into HBO at $5 a month through current providers so hopefully we'll see something similar. The problem with bundling is that the only thing I want to see on cable is NFL and Game of Thrones. And now it's looking like the NFL is starting to really separate from the cable model is well. I hate having to pay $100 per month just to see this stuff and even if I individually paid up to $50 per month I would be saving a ton.

Right now we have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Total cost $16/month
Add Hulu Plus - $8/month
Add HBO - ? but lets say $8/month

That's $32/month, a savings of $68/month to see everything that I currently watch....

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 04:45:32 PM »

You're paying $100/month for cable? Maybe you should switch to DirectTV.

I guess it may depend on where you live. Here standard cable is $50, pretty sure HBO is $15 above that. Of course they have all kinds of different packages together with internet, which complicates the pricing.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
StinkerMadness
Stinker Man
Dedicated Viewer

It Stinks!

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 12:37:36 PM »

Uh.....I have DirecTV. Its all fine and cheap until your year contract is up. Then UP UP UP!!!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  HBOAnnounces Streaming Service « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.