Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:39:11 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SATURN 3 (1980) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SATURN 3 (1980)  (Read 3653 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 19, 2014, 09:52:55 AM »

Why?  Why, why, WHY?????

Other than showcasing Farrah Fawcett in various skimpy outfits and giving us a glimpse of her naked breast, WHY was this movie made?  It's not suspenseful, it's not exciting, it's not scary, it's not dramatic . . . it's just dull.  PLUS we get slapped in the face with a couple of shots of Kirk Douglas' wrinkly-old ass.  And listening to Harvey Keitel's dialogue dubbed by another actor is very distracting.  I bought the damned blu-ray because I thought I "needed" to have this movie in my collection.  It almost gave me the dry heaves.  Although, the opening shot of a model spaceship approaching a painting of the planet Saturn is priceless.

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 11:31:37 AM »

I think it was originally titles "Farrah Fawcett in various skimpy outfits" but then some idiot got the idea to add a bunch of sci-fi junk to it.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 11:59:00 AM »

When I was a kid, this seven foot tall thing with a snaky thing where it'd head should be really creeped me out.

And Harvey Keitel introducing it as a "blank" human brain, & the scene where he first turns it on by running living fluids through it.

To me, this has always been the perfect Frankenstein for the '80s!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 07:04:09 AM »

I remember seeing this one in the cinema as a youngster. Thought it was great. It might even have kickstarted my love of bad movies.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 03:11:01 PM »

I remember liking it as a kid but I revisited it a few years ago for the first time in many years aaaaaaand... yeah, not very good at all aside from the Farrah eye candy. The robot is cool and some of the sets are nice to look at, but it descends into silliness fairly quickly.

If memory serves, the flick was directed by Stanley Donen of "Singing in the Rain" fame, which is kind of a 180 degree turn from this.  BounceGiggle

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 08:25:16 PM »

If memory serves, the flick was directed by Stanley Donen of "Singing in the Rain" fame, which is kind of a 180 degree turn from this.  BounceGiggle

Yes.  Originally Donen was just the producer and I believe John Barry was the director.  However, Donen fired him and directed most of the movie himself.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 08:01:10 AM »

This was one of the things she did after she stupidly left Charlies Angels. She made a crappy tv movie that I saw and some other thing
Neville

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 10:44:21 AM »

Saw this one out of curiosity some years ago. Whatever his faults are, lack of pretension is not one of them. Actually, it's the worst kind of "bad", because there are no laugh-out-loud moments, it just falls flat.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 04:54:52 PM »

I agree. This movie was scary when I was, like, 7 years old. I mean, a psychotic killer robot that wants to get with the lady fair is a pretty scary concept for a 7-year-old boy. But watching it again at 27 back in 2000 or so was...well, it is fascinating what the mind of a child can imagine while watching a movie this bad. It's like the child's brain fills in the parts of the movie that really suck. Which would have been a great idea perhaps, marketing this film for kids, but then somebody decided that showing off Farrah Fawcett's assets was the only way that people would pay money to watch this crap in the theater, so that killed any idea of this being a kids horror movie.  BounceGiggle

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Javakoala
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »

Everything I've read indicates it was meant as an Adam and Eve metaphor. Still, that doesn't make it good, but I sat through the whole stupid thing on a scrambled movie channel when I lived at home. My hopes were to see Farrah's breast. Never happened, though I saw Kirk's butt and that is an image that, once seen, can never be unseen.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SATURN 3 (1980) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.