Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:11:56 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I am done with the IMDB « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I am done with the IMDB  (Read 5502 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: October 22, 2014, 02:48:52 AM »

Especially their Film General board: there was a discussion on Cannibal Holocaust there and I added a link to my review here. Just a clicky link, nothing more needed, or so I thought.

I got a hell of a shock when a poster wrote: "If you're going to add a link to your blog, learn to cut and paste, you retard."  Buggedout Buggedout

First of all, the link was to this site: I don't have a blog.
Secondly, calling me a retard? Really? For posting a simple link? Wow.

Nah, I'm done with that site.  Thumbdown

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 04:47:31 AM »

retard huh? well the law of the internet states that you are now required to call him a "douchebag" to protect your honour.

I didn't even known imdb had a general film board tbh. I know that each movie has its own little discussion box for comments but I've never tried posting anything

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 05:48:25 AM »

The douchiness at IMDb's message boards is legendary though it was at its peak ten years ago. I've been contributing to IMDb since 2001 but I hardly ever post at the forums. The only time I ever did was because of site related issues, but in a smart move IMDb got rid off that sub-forum because they couldn't handle the steady increase of complaints anymore.

You could report said user or as suggested, call him a douchebag which may or may not get you banned for name calling as well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:08:16 AM by claws » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 06:52:17 AM »

Give him a "STFU Newbie"  Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:41:13 AM »

You could report said user or as suggested, call him a douchebag which may or may not get you banned for name calling as well.
Yeah, maybe...but I doubt that's much of a loss.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »

It does make one appreciate the sanity that our little community has here.  I've never once been called a bad name on badmovies.org

I tried to create an account at imdb once, and to complete it, it required me to give a credit card number (or a phone number or something), so I never created an account.  I'm trying to limit that info on the internet.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 06:52:40 PM »

Yeah, that's about par for the course for IMDb. I used to post links to my blog over there on a semi-regular basis, and for a while people would actually respond nicely (i.e. "Hey, nice review" or whatever)... but within the last year or so such posts were being met with more open hostility (ala Homer Simpson: "Awwwww, you want me to READ something? In another browser window? Who's got that kind of TIME?") so eventually I just stopped bothering.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 07:40:56 PM »

The douchiness at IMDb's message boards is legendary though it was at its peak ten years ago. I've been contributing to IMDb since 2001 but I hardly ever post at the forums. The only time I ever did was because of site related issues, but in a smart move IMDb got rid off that sub-forum because they couldn't handle the steady increase of complaints anymore.

worth observing this. It's good to get a feel for a place, for example youtube has become MUCH better through not only popularity and due to stupid level trolls now trying to make an account anonymously is more difficult to do now. 06 it was pure hate speech and nonsense comment baiting. imdb now allows me to vote on some things with a google account or whatever, I think it's a step in the right direction from what I've seen in the past couple of years but I haven't had an account that long.  Basically I don't think you should be disillusioned with a service due to one guy the moderation hasn't got to yet. I don't agree with some decisions they have made with their site but moderation of comments and what to specifically target is a really tricky subject.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 10:52:12 PM »

I left the IMDB forums years ago after disrespectful trolls pretty much overran the place and IMDB became really insistent on staying on topic for whatever the board was about. For a while in the late 90s, early 2000s, my and the friends I made there had some great discussions on their Horror board and Sci-Fi board at the time but sure enough, idiots started to slowly take over the place posting juvenile crap.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 04:39:27 PM »

It does make one appreciate the sanity that our little community has here.  I've never once been called a bad name on badmovies.org

I tried to create an account at imdb once, and to complete it, it required me to give a credit card number (or a phone number or something), so I never created an account.  I'm trying to limit that info on the internet.

Yeah, I agree. IMDB does make me appreciate this board more. (I say this being a member of both boards.) As I do think sometimes that the i.q. of the average poster on this board = the i.q. of everyone who posts on the other board. I will say one thing for IMDB, I find the amount of information, if not the quality of information, on the board useful. Thus, if I want to know anything about a film, TV show, etc. Whether it is something new or old, I normally go to IMDB first.

And WingedSerpent, if you are feeling left out, I'll be glad to call you a bad name.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 02:17:49 AM »

retard huh? well the law of the internet states that you are now required to call him a "douchebag" to protect your honour.

TeddyR TeddyR

Whenever I write a review for us here, I post a link to it on that film's IMDB page. Done doing that now.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 02:19:04 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

I have been known to toss names around like the cow in Twister  TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 02:25:41 AM »

Give him a "STFU Newbie"  Smile

So The Food's Urghly?  Wink

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 02:31:15 AM »

Agreed: our cozy little corner of the Net has more sanity than most sites: I wonder what would happen if we all had to meet up at the same time at a film fest?

Party, I think is what would happen.  Cheers

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 04:31:45 AM »

but sure enough, idiots started to slowly take over the place posting juvenile crap.

There's this idiot on FG who calls himself "Jack-Warned-Him" who, every time a celeb passes, posts "I warned _______________"  Thumbdown

Also the amount of racists and homophobes on that board makes me go:  Buggedout Buggedout If you don't like peeps of other races and orientations, that's your business but keep it to yourself and off the Net, for crying out loud.  Thumbdown
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 04:35:00 AM by Trevor » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I am done with the IMDB « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.