Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:02:24 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Vague Memory of a movie...help! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vague Memory of a movie...help!  (Read 3977 times)
AqueousStar
New Visitor

« on: October 22, 2014, 01:16:32 PM »

Hi everyone!
I have a VERY vague memory of a film that was on tv when I was about 4 years old...maybe. So I could have this wrong....... Anyway , the scene I remember was of a dark haired woman sitting in a room with a guy and she opens a small box (like one which would hold a necklace) which contains a spider. She then lets the spider crawl up her arm and into her mouth. After that , I think she changes into something else with bulging eyes and its like she is attacking the man.  (My Grandmother turned off the tv at this point hahaha)

I also have another scene but this could be from a different film, like I said....it's vague so thanks for reading this!
Someone is inside a car.....I THINK its out in the desert or the salt plains or something and there is an older woman in the distance. The car ends up on fire and I cant remember if its the old woman's doing but I know the girl is trapped inside that the woman just watches her struggle.
All of this was on late night TV in UK and definitely not before 1986...... I'm assuming the movie was late 70's or early 80's.
Hope someone can help, Thanks!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 01:58:24 PM »

Sounds a bit like DEADLY BLESSING but I don't really remember the spider being in a box.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
AqueousStar
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately that's not the film I remember,  but what an amazing guess that was!  There was a fire scene with the car....and a spider going in the woman's mouth!

The one I'm thinking of,  the woman intentionally let this spider crawl into her mouth, like she knew it what it was going to do ....
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 05:33:30 PM »

Hmm.. you might go on IMDB.com and search for keywords "spider" and "burning car" or something and look through all the matching films.  That's kind of a long shot but it's better than nothing.  Sorry, that's all I got.  Maybe it's a made-for-tv flick?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »

CURSE OF THE BLACK WIDOW (1977) is about a woman who turns into a giant spider...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075900/?ref_=kw_li_tt

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AqueousStar
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 01:50:21 PM »

Thanks RetroRussell.....I'll give that a go....miracles can happen so it's worth a shot lol
It could have been made for t.v ....I really have no idea....wish I even knew one of the actors faces or something but I can't even picture them that clearly.

RCMerchant,  thanks for the suggestion,   I already tried that one though and it's not it :(   
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Vague Memory of a movie...help! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.