Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:12:44 AM
714148 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Movie stories that you wish (hope) were true? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movie stories that you wish (hope) were true?  (Read 3005 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: October 23, 2014, 11:58:00 PM »

I remember reading in Fangoria in 1987 that the famous scene in Robocop where Ray Wise bumps into a melting Paul McCrane and screams "Don't touch me, man!" was filmed without Ray seeing Paul until action was called.

Thus his look of horror and yell of terror were real.  TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:14:16 AM »

I heard that Jamie Uys (he of The Gods Must Be Crazy fame) was so demanding on set of a film in the 1960s, that his camera assistant threw a camera at him and stormed off the set.

One of these:  Buggedout Buggedout

akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 08:04:12 AM »

Story goes that Bette Davis hated Joan Crawford so much that she really did punch and kick her every time the script called for it in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 05:03:25 PM »

That in Astounding She monster the guy really was smoking in the bear suit like it said in that ed Wood book
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 11:54:14 PM »

The story of how Robert John Burke got cast in RoboCop 3 has always amused me:

Robert Burke has been quoted to the effect that his agent called him and asked, "Would you like to be in RoboCop 3?"  When Burke answered in the affirmative, his agent replied, "Great!  Now get down to the set quick!  They're almost ready to start shooting!"  That's why Burke is especially stiff as Robo in a few scenes: he arrived at the set, they threw the costume on him, and called action.  He didn't have any time to prepare nor did they have time to fit the suit to him, so it was literally painful to wear.

claws
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 04:21:44 AM »

The Runaways (2010)

Dakota Fanning was scared of Michael Shannon and his Kim Fowley character. Not something the director and the script had in mind.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 06:22:15 AM »

I read in The Hollywood Hall of Shamethat most of the cast and crew of Heaven's Gate were stoned out of their minds for much of the shoot, citing something called 'chemical production aids'.  Buggedout

akiratubo

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 11:44:06 PM »

The reason everyone uses 12-gauge pump-action shotguns in the futuristic movie Outland (1981) is because the weapons-master was told the movie was a remake of High Noon, and someone forgot to add, "in space."  When he showed up with a bunch of Old-West pistols and rifles instead of space guns, the production had to make do with buying a couple of shotguns from a nearby sporting club.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 01:03:46 AM »

The reason everyone uses 12-gauge pump-action shotguns in the futuristic movie Outland (1981) is because the weapons-master was told the movie was a remake of High Noon, and someone forgot to add, "in space."  When he showed up with a bunch of Old-West pistols and rifles instead of space guns, the production had to make do with buying a couple of shotguns from a nearby sporting club.

BounceGiggle TeddyR TeddyR

I love that film: I told Dad that the film was High Noon in outer space and he went *facepalm*.  TeddyR

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Movie stories that you wish (hope) were true? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.