Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:10:25 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies  (Read 5896 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 21, 2014, 07:03:44 PM »

It suffered from the same flaws as LOtR, but had all of the good things too. Overall an enjoyable watch, just don't drink anything before hand.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 05:20:17 AM »

LOTR movies? I aint gonna read the books.f**k LOTR. I may be a Monster Kid-I aint a fanboy.I hate Star Wars too. Hatred
Of couse anything about Lugosi makes me dance like a schoolgirl-soehhh-kinda takes the wind outta my sails. Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 03:17:48 AM »

I liked the 2nd hobbit movie.  It benefited from a much better villian; i.e. the dragon.  I haven't seen this one yet but I have heard it is good and has a lot of action.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 09:54:23 AM »

My wife and I saw this during our vacation.  It took some drastic liberties with the Tolkien canon, but in the end it remained true to the spirit of the story, I thought, and brought the trilogy to a satisfactory conclusion.  I was entertained and amused throughout!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
VenomX73

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 10:14:57 PM »

We enjoyed it - outstanding effects, awesome fight scenes, intense characters and new creatures.

Things to look out for - Lady Galadriel vs Sauron. WOW that great! Imo best part of the movie.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 10:34:11 AM »

Not bad. As usual, PJ makes up a bunch of stuff, but it's acceptable if you treat his stories as "inspired by Tolkien" rather than movies of the book(s).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:57:26 PM by Ted C » Logged

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 02:36:55 PM »

I seen it few days ago. I really loved it, while in the other two movies I felt there were improvements and unnecessary changes from the original, here I only seen improvements. :)
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 03:00:58 PM »

Was I the only one who saw the elves leaping over the dwarven shield wall to engage the orcs and thought, "How dumb are you guys? You have bows!"

And of course fully armored orcs with swords and shields were getting one-hit-killed by unarmored, untrained villagers with improvised weapons constantly.

Way to help me with my suspension of disbelief, PJ.

Question Hatred  Drink  Lookingup
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:04:16 PM by Ted C » Logged

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
VenomX73

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 06:29:25 PM »

And of course fully armored orcs with swords and shields were getting one-hit-killed by unarmored, untrained villagers with improvised weapons constantly.

Yup. I was thinking the same thing... AND and the orcs were bred for war.

also

Not to mention how 10 or so amount of dwarves can change the tide of battle lol.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 05:40:36 PM »

I saw the movie and liked it.  I'm not sure why they had smaug in this one.  It would have been better thematically to have extend the 2nd one to deal with smaug.  Then the 3rd movie starts off fresh.

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 02:50:18 PM »

I liked the 2nd hobbit movie.  It benefited from a much better villian; i.e. the dragon.  I haven't seen this one yet but I have heard it is good and has a lot of action.

I finally watched the last half of the 2nd one last night, and yeah Smaug makes a wonderful villain. Cumberbatch makes a great voice actor, which was a relief because I was expecting the disaster that was Sean Connery voicing the dragon in Dragonheart (1996). I didn't much care for the Tamriel chick because I knew that she wasn't in the book and was only created for the movie to give the female fans a "girls can do it too" heroine to cheer for onscreen, plus to throw a silly love triangle subplot into the mix, because the original story didn't have any girls in it. The ending sucked too, but 2nd movies in a trilogy generally don't end well, with The Empire Strikes Back (1980) being an exception to that rule.  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.