Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:13:37 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Movie help, only a few clues.. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movie help, only a few clues..  (Read 4072 times)
dlogic22
New Visitor

« on: October 25, 2014, 12:46:10 PM »

This one is going to be tough because I don't have a good memory of the film here's what I do remember though.

I saw it in the late 90's sometime between 96 and 99 on either HBO or Cinemax.

The settings I believe was in the 60's or 50's because of the car and clothes they had on.

The scene I remember is a "sex scene" so if that offends you please read no more.

The scene goes like this, a group of late teens or early 20's guys are driving in a early model car like a driving miss daisy style car with a blonde headed woman.  The woman's hair cut reminds me of that of mary louise parker from "Sugartime" if you want to look up how her hair looks.  They follow this dirt road out into a field where they break down, I believe ( not totally certain ) that 2 of them of them leave ( the guys ) leaving only the woman and one awkward younger guy.  She starts to ... hmm... "fondle?" him and then they have sex next to the car, but she keeps her clothes on.  Like i said he is awkward and the movie makes it seem as though this is his first time.

Anyway trying to remember the name of this movie has bugged me for years, and that's the best recollection of a scene in the film that I have, sorry if I offended anyone with the sex scene but that's all i can remember!  Hope someone knows what movie I'm talking about :D
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 01:57:28 PM »

Maybe The Last Picture Show.
Was it drama, horror, thriller, or which genre?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
dlogic22
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 02:26:59 PM »

Good guess, but it's not black and white.  The subject matter looks right though, i believe the movie was a drama with comedic edge.  I think film was probably released late 80's to early 90's then aired on HBO/Max late 90's like 97ish.
retrorussell

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 06:36:12 PM »

Then perhaps its sequel, TEXASVILLE.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
dlogic22
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 07:04:55 PM »

The subject matter looks on point, but I don't think that's it, I will get a hold of a copy and let you know for sure, but any other suggestions would be awesome.

Btw, really good guesses the subject matter is perfect.
dlogic22
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »

That wasn't it, but was a good guess, it's missing the teens / young adults... i think they had like gray slacks or suits on
retrorussell

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 03:06:51 AM »

And probably not Macon County Line or The Town That Dreaded Sundown.

dlogic22
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 11:46:43 AM »

Good guesses on both, but nope those are too old, I even looked up the "Return to Macon" movie and it was closer to the filming time period but also not it. 
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 03:55:21 PM »

This seems like a good fit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_All_the_Way

GOING ALL THE WAY, 1996 or 7 but set in the 50s, Ben Affleck and Jeremy Davies are young well-dressed guys who spend much of the movie driving around in cool old cars (in the Southwest or Midwest iirc) with Affleck making lots of efforts to get Davies laid. They do have numerous encounters with period lasses in appropriate fashions and hairstyles. I do think Davies gets some action at some point in or on a car pulled over in the middle of nowhere.
But as usual, it's been 25 years since I've seen it. Who knows.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Movie help, only a few clues.. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.