Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:47:54 PM
714145 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Male rape isn't funny « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Male rape isn't funny  (Read 3886 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 30, 2014, 12:37:45 PM »

I can't even believe this! In my college class we were talking about rape. I brought up that sometimes women rape men and they laughed! What the hell?!

It doesn't matter if it's a girl or a guy, rape isn't f**king funny!

Hatred Hatred Hatred

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 02:34:05 PM »

Female on male rape can be funny.

Small | Large

In your case, merely mentioning that it's possible for women to rape men isn't exactly side-splitting.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 03:12:31 PM »

Some people are a***oles  Hatred

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 05:02:04 PM »

The majority of rapes, whether they are against women or men, are committed by men.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 05:57:27 PM »

The majority of rapes, whether they are against women or men, are committed by men.

This is true. But men who are raped have nowhere to go. Being raped means being emasculated.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 07:24:04 PM »

In the metaphorical rather than literal sense (usually).

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 11:50:09 PM »

Watch something like Irreversible you'll never find rape jokes funny again

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 12:06:23 AM »

A.J.- I tried to run after you after class Tuesday but you were gone-I wish i had said in class that I would die if anything like that happened to my three brothers -by women or men. I will next time-the laughing bothered me too. You aren't alone-Gina

I almost started crying when I read that.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 12:58:38 AM »

Watch something like Irreversible you'll never find rape jokes funny again

That is no lie.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 10:49:16 PM »

I was talking about how gay people get stoned to death in some countries and some b***h started laughing.

At least it was just one person but she can still eat a bag of dicks.

I dare her to spend a week in Uganda.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 12:54:31 AM »

Speaking as a rape survivor, I can truly say that it isn't funny.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 05:49:45 PM »

I don't know whether this was the case or not, but we often laugh at what makes us uncomfortable.

I myself don't find rape funny, whether the victim is male or female, or whether the rapist is male or female, or the sexual orientation of the victim or rapist, nor do I think most people find it funny.

As I can think of only one case in which rape, here statutory rape, or having sex with someone who is not of age to give his consent, which can rage between 14 and 18, depending upon the area, was funny. And that was in the film "Private Lessons" from 1981, which I actually liked. But, one must understand, that was in a different era, one of which we were not aware of how the effect of rape, statutory or not, could have on the male victim. The effects being similar to that of a female victim of rape.

What I think is more likely is that we do not take it seriously, because we cannot believe, for whatever reason, that a male, whatever their age  could be brought to sexual arousal, then brought to orgasm. Proof of that is in the recent episode of "The Fosters" on ABC Family, where the oldest son of the family was gotten drunk by his divorced father's girlfriend, who then took him to bed, undressed him, and then had sex with him. And many of the comments on that from the board for the show on imdb.com was that, either what a "lucky" boy he was, or it was impossible for a female to rape a male, contrary to the facts. And as I understand the episode was fairly accurate, from his father's, who is a policeman on the show, initial doubt, to the boy's, who was 17, but the age of consensual sex in California, where the show takes place, is 18, guilt and feeling he was the guilty person in this case, though he was drunk and under the age of consent for California.

That is what I call "statutory" rape. Much rarer is what I call "forcible rape," or forcing the victim to have sex without even asking their consent. There again, I know of only one case in film or TV, where it was thought to be funny, even in a black comedic way, and that was in "Lair of the White Worm." (Review at this website.) But what ever humor derives from the scene, to my mind, does not detract from the seriousness of the scene, but adds to it, as I am not the only one I have seen who thus feels a greater sense of emphatic pity for the young victim, the way the scene is written.

And I repeat myself, except for those two cases, I or others in film and TV have ever found male rape to be the least bit funny, as it should be.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 02:54:11 AM »

I agree, there's nothing funny about it. I hate stuff like this, when people use double standards based on gender of a victim. I've been in situations before where a woman wanted me way more than I wanted them, and it is possible for a heterosexual guy to not want a woman sexually. Just sickens me that loads of people were laughing at your comments.

I feel the same way with domestic violence, where 99% of the time the guy is viewed as the evil brute if he is charged, but a woman will be viewed as almost heroic for putting hands on a man. I think there should be more severe charges as well for false accusations of these forms of violence.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Male rape isn't funny « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.