Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:48:24 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Star Wars Episode VII' gets official title « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII' gets official title  (Read 10554 times)
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 07:01:56 PM »

This does look rather tasty!

The sheer excitement in Star Wars fandom for any new SW movie is quite incredible, but many failed to live up to the expectations.  When Star Wars was released, there had not been anything quite like it, and it has inspired generations of people ever since.  The problem, I think, is that when Star Wars was seen for the first time, there WAS nothing like it, and nothing could compare.  A lot of people are still gauging the expectations of later films against the emotional impact of their first viewing of the original, and it's never going to live up to that first experience.

I liken it a little to The Matrix.  When that movie came out, nothing else like it had been done, not in that way.  While elements of story and action had been done before, nothing had pulled them together into such a visually and emotionally compelling package.  Much of what was seen had never been done before in a movie, let alone a single movie.  Later Matrix movies not only had to live up to that first experience, but also had to contend with being a 'known factor'.  Now that you knew what to expect, the movies that followed could not rely on that 'freshness' for impact.

Star Wars was the same.  The first time you saw it, it was like nothing you'd ever seen before.  Later movies could not capitalize on that freshness factor, because you already knew what to expect.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 06:54:44 AM »

Am I the only one who doesn't absolutely hate the crossguard on that lightsaber?

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
VenomX73

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 07:06:53 PM »

I think it's awesome... looks like a crusader sword.

I also like the motion (fizz) to the light flow.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »

Am I the only one who doesn't absolutely hate the crossguard on that lightsaber?

You are not the only one who doesn't absolutely hate it, and now that I see it up close and personal I like it even better. Of course, though, there have been complaints about the way it looks.

And that may actually a peak of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, as there is a rumor going around that in this film he does turn to the dark side, at least temporarily.

And there is also a rumor out that after this film is released to theaters, Princess Leia will officially become a Disney Princess. Which means she will be the 1st Princess from somewhere other than Earth, and she will be the 1st Princess who was a live action character instead of the typical animation character.
VenomX73

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 07:11:40 PM »

From my research (on the web)

Luke does turn to the dark side. But then gets saved by Leia...

Luke turns back and makes a Jedi academy were he trains future Jedi.

Now, I'm not so sure to who that Sith is... maybe a dark side secret apprentice?

Anyway - I can't wait to see it! I hope JJ does a great job!

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Jim H

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 04:33:58 PM »

There are total spoilers out there now. I read a couple big ones unmarked. Really blows.

Hate the internet sometimes.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Star Wars Episode VII' gets official title « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.