Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:44:43 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bill Cosby . . . a Rapist???? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: Bill Cosby . . . a Rapist????  (Read 38363 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: November 19, 2014, 09:37:11 PM »

All the current news about Bill Cosby is incredibly depressing to me. The man was the voice of my childhood; I grew up listening to records of him telling funny stories about Go-Kart races and Fat Albert's Hernia and The Chicken Heart That Ate New York City and dozens of others until I could re-tell them from memory. The stand up routine entitled "Bill Cosby Himself" is, to this day, the funniest thing I have ever watched - and it's clean enough to share with your kids. But now all these rape allegations - I'll be honest, I DON'T want to believe them. At all. But where there is that much smoke, I guess it is likely that there is fire of some sort. Betrayed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 10:08:51 PM »

Yeah, I had heard the allegations long before this recent news.  I grew up on the "Chicken Heart" routine and Fat Albert and Picture Pages, not to mention his Electric Company appearances..
The Electric Company: The Director and the Musketeer Small | Large

I love how Morgan Freeman cracks up and they keep it!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 01:37:07 AM »

There are a lot of allegations. It does make me wonder if maybe it's true. I hope not.

But I'm a man that respects the law so as long as he's not convicted I will treat him as if he is innocent, until he is proven guilty.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 07:02:46 AM »

There are so many screwballs out there these days, until proven otherwise I'll just assume it's people looking for 15 minutes of fame, a book deal, and and out-of-court settlement.  And this stuff supposedly took place 30 years ago, so it's nothing but he said she said;  I can't imagine how it would ever be "proven" one way or another.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »

Thing is-he aint denying it-it just says its the past-he wont talk about it. He's guilty. Innocent people call you a liar-he aint...he paid them off to shut up. f**k him.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 03:07:10 PM »

That may be true.  Or it may be that he does not want to dignify the charges with a response.
That being said, he sure looks guilty. Bluesad

That crumbling sound you hear is a part of my childhood dying.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
VenomX73

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 04:13:37 PM »

"Where is my Mortimer Ichabod marker?"

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 04:45:15 PM »

In Seinfeld's "Comedian" doc. there's a scene where he's talking to Chris Rock and Rock is telling him about seeing Bill Cosby and hearing entirely new routines. Seinfeld, even today, repeats the same material at all his shows. In the end he talks to Cosby who gives him advice. It's basically the entire point of the movie, that there's always someone better than you and to learn from them
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 03:21:28 PM »

Until he admits to the accusations, or until the truth of them is proven in court, Bill Cosby has the right to be presumed innocent, as I personally suspect he more or less is. Some of these accusations seem easily discredited and the people bringing them against him are not themselves trustworthy. Let his accusers present their cases in a forum where their testimony can be examined and rebutted instead of the open mic character assassination going on against Cosby right now in the media.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 04:19:26 PM »

Until he admits to the accusations, or until the truth of them is proven in court, Bill Cosby has the right to be presumed innocent, as I personally suspect he more or less is. Some of these accusations seem easily discredited and the people bringing them against him are not themselves trustworthy. Let his accusers present their cases in a forum where their testimony can be examined and rebutted instead of the open mic character assassination going on against Cosby right now in the media.

Me, I think it was started by folks who were p**sed at him for basically telling people to pull up their pants, learn to speak Standard English, and stop whining; the ones who followed are just looking for a ride on the Gravy Train.  It's the same sort who're wrecking that town in  Missouri.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 07:17:46 PM »

That's crazy. 15 different women with similar stories are all making it up?
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »

Thing is-he aint denying it-it just says its the past-he wont talk about it. He's guilty. Innocent people call you a liar-he aint...he paid them off to shut up. f**k him.
You always my man. 

Yes, disappointing, but sadly I believe these allegations.  I don't think this is about money or a book deal.  I think the illusion fell like a house of cards.  I think these are all true but only he has to live with it.  Bluesad

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 10:17:06 PM »

I'm a Cosby fan, have been for a long time. I grew up listening to my parents' vintage stand up LPs ("Revenge," "Why Is There Air?", "Wonderfulness," etc.) and I can quote his "Bill Cosby: Himself" concert film practically chapter and verse.

However, it certainly doesn't look good for him. I read in the paper earlier this week that the first woman to accuse him of this behavior was basically paid to go away, which is never the mark of an innocent man.

I have to say, though, that his recent social-media fiasco was kind of hilarious in an awful way. Just as this Cosby-as-rapist story started getting traction, some genius on his staff decided it was the perfect time to have a "Make Your Own Cosby Meme!" contest... so of course his official Twitter was flooded with pix making rape jokes. Duhhhh!!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 01:12:03 AM »

Me, I think it was started by folks who were p**sed at him for basically telling people to pull up their pants, learn to speak Standard English, and stop whining; the ones who followed are just looking for a ride on the Gravy Train.  It's the same sort who're wrecking that town in  Missouri.
Man-it aint even close-a cop shot an unarmed man-Bill is a rapist. Thats pulling a race card in reverse. Thats like saying OJ was innocent.
Black,white,brown,f**king purple-evil is evil. I gotta pretty acurate bulls**t meter-its going off like a five alarm fire. Bluesad
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:14:16 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2014, 02:22:12 AM »

Me, I think it was started by folks who were p**sed at him for basically telling people to pull up their pants, learn to speak Standard English, and stop whining; the ones who followed are just looking for a ride on the Gravy Train.  It's the same sort who're wrecking that town in  Missouri.
Hmmm.   Question That's quite a segway you make there.  It seems at least a few of the COSBY accusers could be described as "white".  I think your remarks are as suspect as those you condemn. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bill Cosby . . . a Rapist???? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.