Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:28:10 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bill Cosby . . . a Rapist???? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Author Topic: Bill Cosby . . . a Rapist????  (Read 38370 times)
Javakoala
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 06:01:07 PM »

I don't know what to think on this still - the charges span decades, come from a variety of sources, and all allege a similar pattern of behavior.
One or two gold diggers I could see - but fifteen?  Even if one or two of them are bogus claims, I don't see how ALL of them could be.

Never underestimate the cult of money-grubbing.

But, yeah, I have to wonder as well. Lost Robin Williams to suicide and now this? There isn't ANYTHING worth believing in anymore.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 08:13:18 PM »

I didn't really buy him as a firefighter though. maybe a lesbian firefighter, he's not rugged looking at all
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2014, 12:40:58 AM »

"... the pros and cons of Bill Cosby being naughty." 
This bugged me for awhile: "naughty"?   Bluesad   Thumbdown

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2014, 01:42:15 AM »

It makes me sad, because if you're a huge comedy nerd like I am, Cosby is incredible. He is a comedy legend.

That being said, if the allegations are true, and they seem very true, f**k that guy.  His legacy deserves to be f**ked. a***ole.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2014, 12:09:32 PM »

I don't know what to think about this. Sadly, even if every woman's claim was proven to be completely fabricated, and all the evidence was shown to the public that completely exonerated Cosby, people would still treat him as if he were guilty. Public cases like this are never erased, and the accused are never looked at in the same way again. Look at the Fatty Arbuckle case. Look at anyone ever accused of any sexual crime.

If Cosby is indeed guilty, he should of course pay for his crimes. If he is not, any semblance of a normal life is over for him.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2014, 12:50:23 AM »

Wow.  
BILL COSBY is a RAPIST.  Now BEVERLY JOHNSON has come forward.  Wow.  He is a predator.  

Bill Cosby Drugged Me. This Is My Story.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2014/12/bill-cosby-beverly-johnson-story
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:11:41 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Javakoala
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2014, 08:53:22 AM »

Until it is proven he IS a rapist, the least that can be said is that he was most likely promiscuous. If it is proven, would it make you happy if I changed that to "a filthy rat-bastard rapist"?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2014, 09:43:46 AM »

Until it is proven he IS a rapist, the least that can be said is that he was most likely promiscuous. If it is proven, would it make you happy if I changed that to "a filthy rat-bastard rapist"?
I can understand what Hallows is saying-rape is not "naughty'.Rape is EVIL. If he was accused of murder-would you use the term "naughty"?
"Naughty" is what a little kid does when he sneaks cookies out of the jar. "Naughty" is not how you describe rape-whether he is guilty or not-rape is not "naughty."

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Javakoala
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2014, 01:15:16 PM »

I can understand what Hallows is saying-rape is not "naughty'.Rape is EVIL. If he was accused of murder-would you use the term "naughty"?
"Naughty" is what a little kid does when he sneaks cookies out of the jar. "Naughty" is not how you describe rape-whether he is guilty or not-rape is not "naughty."

I understand what he's saying as well. But I don't believe in calling a person something he hasn't been proven to be.

If I had said, "Rape is naughty" then I could understand this spinoff. I did not say that.

Fine. I'm an awful person for not vilifying a person BEFORE they are convicted of something I do not know if they did or did not do. Sorry I did not pass moral judgement on a media event that I have no direct connection to or have any personal stake in.

And I'm done here. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2014, 07:08:03 PM »

I understand what he's saying as well. But I don't believe in calling a person something he hasn't been proven to be.

If I had said, "Rape is naughty" then I could understand this spinoff. I did not say that.

Fine. I'm an awful person for not vilifying a person BEFORE they are convicted of something I do not know if they did or did not do. Sorry I did not pass moral judgement on a media event that I have no direct connection to or have any personal stake in.

Your welcome.I got horsy sauce-if ya want.
Im sorry you quit over dumb s**t like this.
Dont be a p***y when someone calls you out.  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2014, 02:31:05 PM »

This bugged me for awhile: "naughty"?   Bluesad   Thumbdown
That is not what you suggested.  You wrote "... the pros and cons of Bill Cosby being naughty."   Was he being "naughty"?  Is there a "pro" to this supposed "naughty" behavior?  I don't think rape is equatable with "naughty".  
This is a bit more of what you wrote:

...Okay, back to discussing the pros and cons of Bill Cosby being naughty.
Whether it's true or not, proven or not, there is nothing "pro" or simply "naughty" about rape.  

It has not been suggested that you should label HIM anything, and you are right to the extent that we are all innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  The court of public opinion may perhaps feel differently.  

Now this is a supreme example of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face and passive/aggressive behavior:  

I consider you a friend, but you took this way too far and have now characterized all three of our remarks dishonestly.  You've turned this into something it never was.  It was never personal.  I am sorry to see you are now a guest.  
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:57:59 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2014, 04:31:52 PM »

And I think this is what some people might call "playing the race card": 

Bill Cosby Breaks Silence: I Only Expect Black Media to Remain ‘Neutral’ Amid Rape Allegations 

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/bill-cosby-breaks-silence-black-media-stay-neutral-073643824.html 

As sexual assault allegations mount against him, Bill Cosby broke his silence to make a statement on the media coverage of the accusations.

“Let me say this. I only expect the black media to uphold the standards of excellence in journalism and when you do that you have to go in with a neutral mind,” Cosby told a New York Post writer, who also writes for black media outlets, in a short phone conversation from his Massachusetts home...

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/bill-cosby-breaks-silence-black-media-stay-neutral-073643824.html 

His remarks are a good diversion from the real issue, but in the end I believe he knows exactly what he's doing.  He's turning these allegations into an issue of his race.  The big bad "non black media" have attacked him, apparently, and these many women (it's over 20 allegations now) are a laundry list of lies?  I don't believe that. 

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2014, 05:58:04 PM »

He is NOT helping himself.  Every time he opens his mouth he makes things worse for himself.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 11:31:29 PM »

New Cosby Accuser Says She Blacked Out for 2 Days After Comedian Drugged Her 

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/cosby-accuser-says-she-blacked-2-days-comedian-025336107.html 

...“I noticed myself getting a little dizzy,” she said. “Bill had sat down on the edge of the couch. He said, ‘Come over here and have a seat.’ And he had his legs open and when I sat down, I was sitting down in between his legs with my back to his crotch. And he started to stroke my hair back in a petting motion like this. The last thing I remember is just feeling the strokes on my head. After that, I don’t remember anything else...”

It's up to 24 accusers now...   Bluesad  This story gets worse and worse; it's stomach turning. 

akiratubo

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 11:59:55 PM »

I've seen Cosby speak several times on how blacks should not use their race as an excuse or justification.  Now here he is doing it.  Very sad, very disillusioning.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bill Cosby . . . a Rapist???? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.