Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:46:48 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bill Cosby . . . a Rapist???? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Bill Cosby . . . a Rapist????  (Read 38345 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2015, 06:32:44 PM »

Bill Cosby Accused of Drugging, Raping Former Hollywood Executive Cindra Ladd

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/bill-cosby-accused-drugging-raping-former-hollywood-executive-191216044.html

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2015, 10:50:18 PM »

It just keeps getting worse . . .  Bluesad

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »

The real problem is that 'old' allegations are pretty much impossible to prove with physical evidence.

I am not saying any of these ladies are lying and I am not propping up BC.  But, I will say it does not matter to me much how many "pile on," as that in and of itself does not mean a single one of them (or the group collectively) are telling the truth.

I've spent a good of time in court on rape cases.  They are hard enough to prove in the best of circumstances with solid physical evidence.  A case like this will never see a conviction, or at least that's my read.

But, I do renew my caution of the "court of public opinion."  The fact remains that Cosby has now been convicted in the cultural court, and regardless of his guilt or innocence, his life is forever altered in a negative way.

This p**ses me right off because we have codified protections in place to prevent this crap from happening, yet they are ignored. Due process is a very, very important thing, and I suggest you all be very careful how much of that you are willing to give away on the alter of "pop news."

I've looked rapists and murderers and armed robbers in the eye.  And, I've testified against them.  And, I believe they should be punished for their crimes and their crimes are no joking matter.  But, at the same time, I've also been vocally adamant that they deserve their day in court according to the freaking rules.  That is, rules of evidence and rules regarding Right to Cross Examination.

People's lives, including those accused of heinous, violent crimes, are not "entertainment."  This stuff is not a game.

Regarding that glee that is felt when a story like this breaks?  I suggest you guys check out the STARSUCKERS (2009) documentary.  It's available online:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/starsuckers/

It is an interesting insight into how and why stories like this are manufactured and used to manipulate.  No vetting, no sourcing, nothing in many, many cases.

Short Version: Gossip is its own evil, no matter what the subject of the gossip did or did not do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2015, 01:50:42 PM »

I agree Ulthar, to the extent that we are all innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  I also agree that any conviction is unlikely.
It is well observed that there is no "entertainment" in these stories.  They are terribly disturbing and not "Pop news" to most of us who've commented here.  I think there are many reasons a woman would choose to not tell her story, but later decide with hindsight that she needed to.   I think at least a few of these women's stories are credible. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2015, 10:46:57 PM »

Bill Cosby says career is 'far from finished' 

http://news.yahoo.com/bill-cosby-says-career-far-finished-223257089.html

Los Angeles (AFP) - A defiant Bill Cosby hit back Wednesday at sex allegations swirling against him, declaring: "I'm far from finished."

The embattled 77-year-old actor-comedian, a household name in the United States and beyond, has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing in the face of accusations dating back decades by some 30 women.

He has not been charged with any offenses but his glittering career has taken a huge hit.

Cosby went on the front foot Wednesday, releasing a statement reading: "Dear Fans: For 53 years you have given me your love, support, respect and trust. Thank you! I can't wait to see your smiling faces and warm your hearts with a wonderful gift -- LAUGHTER. I'm ready!

"I thank you, the theatre staff (Heymann Performing Arts Center), the event organizers and the Lafayette Community for your continued support and coming to experience family, fun entertainment. Hey, Hey, Hey -- I'm far from finished. Sincerely, Bill Cosby." ...

http://news.yahoo.com/bill-cosby-says-career-far-finished-223257089.html

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2015, 12:08:50 AM »

The dude has chutzpah, I'll give him that.
But I find myself unable to believe a word he says anymore.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2015, 02:44:30 AM »

The dude has chutzpah, I'll give him that.
But I find myself unable to believe a word he says anymore.

One of the really good films he was in - Robert Culp's Hickey and Boggs - was showing on AMC the other night and I couldn't bring myself to watch the thing.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2015, 12:26:22 PM »

Everything That's Wrong With Bill Cosby's Video Message to Fans

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/everything-that-s-wrong-with-bill-cosby-s-message-to-fans-000652286.html

Jim H

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2015, 04:01:28 PM »

But, I do renew my caution of the "court of public opinion."  The fact remains that Cosby has now been convicted in the cultural court, and regardless of his guilt or innocence, his life is forever altered in a negative way.

It is worth noting here these allegations have been around for decades, it's not like much of this is really new.  Previously, it had virtually no effect on his career or lifestyle.  Several comedians say he's always been skeezy though, basically an open secret.  Big difference now is just the amount of attention.  Cultural circumstances, basically, are just different now. 

You certainly have a valid point about public opinion and where it comes from, but that's just how it is with celebs.  Perception is reality.  Think of Michael Jackson, which is a murky scenario to be sure.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2015, 04:16:19 PM »

‘Cosby Show’ Actress Accuses Bill Cosby of Sexual Assault 
The sexual assault scandal surrounding embattled comedian Bill Cosby further widened on Friday, as two more women — including an actress who had appeared on “The Cosby Show” — came forward with new accusations against him.

In a press conference with attorney Gloria Allred in New York, Lili Bernard and Sammie Mays shared their allegations against Cosby. Lili, who appeared in an episode of the final season of “The Cosby Show,” claimed that she was drugged, raped and threatened by Cosby while he was mentoring her in preparation for her appearance as “the zany and very pregnant Mrs. Minifield.”

According to Bernard, Cosby was initially comforting and welcoming to her, complimenting her on her various skills...

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/cosby-show-actress-accuses-bill-cosby-sexual-assault-191123143.html

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2015, 08:39:21 PM »

Exclusive: Bill Cosby Breaks Silence About Sexual Assault Allegations

http://gma.yahoo.com/exclusive-bill-cosby-breaks-silence-sexual-assault-allegations-143309487--abc-news-celebrities.html  

Uhm, What the... did he say?  This is "breaks silence"...?  Question  ...And then spouts gobbledygook

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2015, 06:51:06 PM »

Amy Schumer 'Defends' Bill Cosby 
http://www.yahoo.com/tv/amy-schumer-defends-bill-cosby-the-hits-just-120003892490.html]
[url]http://www.yahoo.com/tv/amy-schumer-defends-bill-cosby-the-hits-just-120003892490.html

[/url]

pennywise37

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2015, 03:44:02 PM »

honestly i don't think he did any of this, yes he did cheat on his wife for years he's publicy stated that and so has she. so if he's doing that why would he be raping anyone? i always get a kick out of how certain women go after someone famous for 15 minutes of fame and other women also follow. i have no idea if he did any of this to be honest,

if he do it, i'm still going to listen to his albums, watch his tv shows and film etc.. cause he's a favorite comedian/actor/writer of mine. Phil Spector killed his wife or had her killed rather but i still call him a musical genius who just later in life become a stinking idiot by doing one of the stupidest things you can do. why not divorce her?

sorry about going off topic a bit folks. my point is i don't pay much attention to how bad a person is if i like their music/movies, books etc.. Michael Jackson was a very talented Guy and he's way over-rated i think. but he made a lot of great music through the years, however i do think he was a pedophile. if others disagree with me on that, i'm ok with that

i'm still going to listen to his music though regardless what i think of him as a person. the same goes for bill cosby.

with the dude from 7th Heaven Stephen Collins i had to think of his name for a minute. i admit i didn't think he did it either. but than he did flat out admit it and i give him credit for that. some of the claims were stuff he did during the show's production and he i believe denied those but in the ones from the 70's for example

he admitted those and he even apologized to he said 1 or 2 of the women later in life. if he was going to admit to those if he did it, i think he would have admitted to the stuff he did later as well.

anyways going a bit off topic again sorry, my point is until bill cosby comes out and says in court prolly or maybe not?

that he did all this than for the time being i don't believe it. but that's just me, oh and sorry for the rambling and my bad spelling too lol
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2015, 09:45:06 AM »

if he do it, i'm still going to listen to his albums, watch his tv shows and film etc.. cause he's a favorite comedian/actor/writer of mine. Phil Spector killed his wife or had her killed rather but i still call him a musical genius who just later in life become a stinking idiot by doing one of the stupidest things you can do. why not divorce her?
PHIL SPECTOR killed LANA CLARKSON, who was NOT his wife. 

pennywise37

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2015, 04:17:51 PM »

i couldn't remember if they were married or not. i think he hired a hitman or something, i don't really remember the details anymore. only that i love his music that he put out in the 50's and 60's. that's the era of music i'm talking about. i have heard of that actress after all she appeared in about a dozen or more Roger Corman movies in like the 80's and 90's i believe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bill Cosby . . . a Rapist???? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.