Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:59:07 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games You Hate « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Games You Hate  (Read 12475 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 21, 2014, 01:36:50 AM »

I'm going to be really loose here. You can put up games that pass you off for gameplay, bad story, whatever boils your blood.

For example: A very poorly made game I rented as a kid was Superman 64.

But instead I'm going to name a game that isn't as bad in terms of gameplay but story.

Opinions are always subjective but I constantly find myself just judging people for liking this turd.

This piece of s**t fails in the story, gameplay, and character departments.

The game is linear unlike previous installments.
The characters are completely unlikeable.
The story makes no sense.
Combat is monotonous and barely uses any player input.

1/10

Not fit to wipe my ass with.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:39:37 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:39:30 PM »

NES games that should never have been made:
DASH GALAXY IN THE ALIEN ASYLUM
SUPER PITFALL
NFL FOOTBALL
MYSTERY QUEST
URBAN CHAMPION
BAD STREET BRAWLER
ATHENA
BIBLE ADVENTURES
CHUBBY CHERUB
X-MEN

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 04:30:09 PM »

The Last of Us.

I thought it freakin' sucked.  I am OVER "zombies that aren't really zombies", the gameplay was generic, and the characters were all very unappealing.

Also, Beyond Two Souls.  I don't even like to dignify it by calling it a "game".

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 08:37:03 PM »

I guess I might sound strange, but I dislike football. I feel it is all: watch guys for 10-20 seconds, watch ads, repeat... :|
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 09:27:55 PM »

Is this about games or sports? The original post seems to suggest video games. With video games, I didn't care too much for Fallout 3.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 12:39:26 PM »

Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow because of the touch screen thing to kill the bosses just irritates me.

yeah no.
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 06:49:52 AM »

@JaseSF I thought it was about any kind of game...

About videogames, I do not remember any game out of the bat. But many modern RPG tend to be: "fight, watch cutscene, repeat". I prefere the old way where it sounded more: "go around a be a hero/villan"
ChaosTheory

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 03:48:17 PM »

Ghostbusters.
Glitchy as hell and you didn't even get to play as Peter, Egon, Ray or Winston.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Derelict Coin-op
Intermittantly functional lover of fine quarters
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 02:29:51 AM »

A good deal of free to play games grind my gears sometimes...the fact that hawken never even made it out of beta before it died kind of p**ses me off. I REALLY hope its not the start of some trend of games that are constantly in beta then die off before theyre even finished. Come to think of it its not really so much the games themselves lately as it is the communities and developers. Streaks of games that aern't even finished being pushed out for 70 dollars, DRM and such. I could go on but I don't want to get myself riled up again.

This machine is temporarily out of order.
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 12:06:13 PM »

Is this about games or sports? The original post seems to suggest video games. With video games, I didn't care too much for Fallout 3.

The game should actually be more popular than it is because bethesda gave everyone the impression that the game was 1% the size of what it actually is. Most people just follow main quest line and they're done in 2-3 days, all my saves on f3 and fnv have all been like 100 hours of gameplay.. really strange that, apparently elder scrolls is kinda similar dynamic too. It's like designing a really good sports car and then hiding the switch that makes it fast.

and in terms of games I hate probably call of duty and every other generic FPS that has come out in the last decade

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 10:57:21 PM »

I won't say I HATE it per se, but ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE was a great disappointment to me.  I loved Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim so much, I was totally stoked for the MMO - and I don't know if it was the gameplay or actually having to interact with other people when I wasn't used to it, but I never got past level 14, the combat was very complicated, and I couldn't stop DYING all the time!  Haven't touched it in months; the only reason I haven't cancelled my subscription is because my daughter enjoys it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 12:04:47 PM »

Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow because of the touch screen thing to kill the bosses just irritates me.
The Last of Us.

I thought it freakin' sucked.  I am OVER "zombies that aren't really zombies", the gameplay was generic, and the characters were all very unappealing.

Bluesad
These three answers broke my heart.

Eh, whatever.

JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 08:17:44 PM »

There aren't many I legitimately hate.  Even ones I've scored a 1/10 at least get some kind of "thanks for trying" from me.  A game has to really p**s me off or make me question its existence, and few have actually done that.  A game doesn't even have to take the lowest score to accomplish this either. 

Action 52 (NES)- ...Wherein the lead developer wrote letters to rental stores going on a rant about how big corporations make people pay $50 for a single game when they could cram 52 s**tty games on one cartridge instead.  I mean, did the guy even play Super Mario Bros. 3 or either of the NES Zelda games?  There's so much more to video games even from that era than simple, erratic score attacking.  Let's not forget how buggy every game was, that some were unplayable with certain versions of NES, and that it was basically the same five or six games with swapped sprites.  Yeah, buddy, don't get self-righteous about game development when you crank out crap like that.  I paid $80 for Chrono Trigger, a single game on a cart, and I'd do it again.

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (PC)- Who thought it would be a great idea to make a generic co-op action title set in the Ghostbusters universe where you can't even flippin' play as the Ghostbusters?  Instead, you play some rookies they've hired because they're overworked and need a break.  And no, I don't mean the "Extreme Ghostbusters," I mean some random twenty-somethings who are not part of any Ghostbusters canon.  Never mind that your allies' AI is abominable to the point that the game routinely screws you over... The inclusion of new characters makes absolutely no sense.  No one buys Batman, 007, Godzilla, or Transformers game so they can play as some randomly invented jabronis instead of the titular characters.

Ghosts 'N Goblins (NES)- It's a platformer that's so broken on top of difficult that I have to wonder what the hell Capcom was thinking when they said, "Oh yeah, this game is golden.  Let's ship it!"  As I've said many times before, the game hates you.  It deliberately mocks you in the opening cutscene, then forces you through a gauntlet of bad mechanics and tough enemies before giving you a hilariously awful Engrish-laden white-text-on-black-screen ending.  Screw this game.

Godzilla (Commodore 64)- A turn-based strategy game in which you defend Japan from Big G.  It's a novelty piece at best, since everything is random.  You can easily defeat Godzilla in a few turns if you're lucky, or completely lose before the show even gets started.  I've been on both ends of that exchange.  What's worse is that the visuals are underwhelming even for the time the game was made.  Godzilla looks like a generic T. Rex who just sits there, flashing inside of whatever box on the grid currently contains him.  There's also no strategy involved.  You just blindly pick whatever form of military might strikes your fancy at that moment and hope that it deals some damage, all whilst hoping Godzilla doesn't go on a rampage and end you faster than you can blink.

Jim Henson's Muppet Adventure #1: Chaos at the Carnival (Commodore 64)- There are three incarnations of this game (NES and Apple II as well), and they're all slightly different.  The C64 edition easily takes the cake as the worst in the trio, if not the worst game ever made.  To me, this title is the very definition of shovelware.   It's a collection of mini-games that are only vaguely connected to the Muppets and barely even feel like carnival events, not to mention that they're so poorly developed that the game is just about unplayable.  The worst of these events is a bumper car course where you can easily get stuck in a corner, because your car constantly careens out of control thanks to the game's horrible physics.  You also have a space event that (?) lacks any kind of guidance or explanation.  To this day, I still don't know what the objective of the event is, or what any of its core mechanisms are.  You float around the area, can't collide or interact with anything, time runs out, and you still don't have the foggiest what you're supposed to do.  In contrast, there's a very simple puzzle mini-game that's about as challenging as the little puzzle boards you can buy for a toddler from just about any big box store for a few bucks.  Talk about a waste of a license...

Dear Esther (PC)- Press and hold 'W', listen to blah blah blah, walk slowly, listen to more pretentious rambling, feel elite because you're playing something more "sophisticated" than your garden variety corridor shooter, then win the game.  BOOOOOO-RRRRRRIIIIIING!  I would have put MirrorMoon EP here, but that game showcased enough bold concepts, despite being a crap title, that I still appreciate the attempt the developer made at forward-thinking.  This, on the other hand, just comes off as lazy and a bit ostentatious.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:20:31 PM by JoeTheDestroyer » Logged

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 09:44:51 PM »

There aren't many I legitimately hate.  Even ones I've scored a 1/10 at least get some kind of "thanks for trying" from me.  A game has to really p**s me off or make me question its existence, and few have actually done that.  A game doesn't even have to take the lowest score to accomplish this either. 
Dear Esther (PC)- Press and hold 'W', listen to blah blah blah, walk slowly, listen to more pretentious rambling, feel elite because you're playing something more "sophisticated" than your garden variety corridor shooter, then win the game.  BOOOOOO-RRRRRRIIIIIING!  I would have put MirrorMoon EP here, but that game showcased enough bold concepts, despite being a crap title, that I still appreciate the attempt the developer made at forward-thinking.  This, on the other hand, just comes off as lazy and a bit ostentatious.

I wouldn't even call it well written either. It's a good thing I didn't pay for the damned thing.

JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 12:02:56 PM »

I wouldn't even call it well written either. It's a good thing I didn't pay for the damned thing.

Ugh, I know.  The script may as well have been:

"Dear, Esther.  Vague symbolism, ceaseless prattle.  More vague symbolism, unnecessary wordiness, more prattle."

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games You Hate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.