Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:09:35 PM
713354 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Social education animated short played in school - mid 80's « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Social education animated short played in school - mid 80's  (Read 3057 times)
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 24, 2014, 03:18:29 AM »

Okay folks, time to stretch again.

In 1987, we were shown an American (or possibly Canadian, eh?) social education film as part of 'social relations camp'.  The camp itself wasn't exactly a camp, more a series of day long seminars and workshops revolving around social activity, teamwork, social expectations etc.

The short film looked like it had been produced in the late 70's or early 80's.  It was animated, and talked about parental expectations and the influences, both good and bad, that young people can be subject to.  One scene involved the parents inflating their son with a bicycle pump, saying 'son' at the same time as pumping in another round of air.  "Son!"  (whoosh)  "Son!"  (whoosh).  You get the idea.  Eventually they pump him up so much that he flies off the tube into the air.

Later, the son takes a groovy, almost psychedelic walk down the street, while people offer him cigarettes, alcohol and drugs.  While he walks, some funky music plays, and he has a slow, relaxed gait.

I know this outside of the normal realm of our viewing, but has anyone seen this, or know what it was?

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 03:31:51 PM »

I have no idea. Sounds creepy and funny though. I want to know this too though I never saw it. Have you ever visited the IMDB (the Internet movie database)? They are very helpful there and tons of questions about TV shows, movies, and so on, have been asked and most answered.
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »

Bump. I just asked about this on the IMDB (again) and will see if anyone responds. I want to know what this is too.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Social education animated short played in school - mid 80's « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.