Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:13:17 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, the Riots Have Begun « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Well, the Riots Have Begun  (Read 14328 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 12:08:04 AM »

Here are the stats, as I recall them - feel free to fact check.

93% of black homicide victims are murdered by other blacks, 7% by white and Hispanics.
Over 30% of white homicide victims are murdered by blacks.

I usually stay out of these debates, but according to the FBI's 2011 statistics 83% of whites were murdered by other whites. Only 14% of whites were murdered by blacks. 91% of blacks were murdered by other blacks. 55% of "other races" were murdered by "other races." This is what we would expect, since people are usually murdered by someone they know, often a spouse.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6

That's the first primary source I found using Google, so there may be other figures out there, but I'd be surprised if there was a reputable source saying 30% of whites were murdered by blacks.

Thanks for the correction.  I'll have to track down the stat I saw - I think it may have been referring to violent crime in general, not just homicide - what I do remember is that black on white violent crime is far more common than white on black.  I probably started with that and got it crossed with something else.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 12:28:30 AM »

Here are the stats, as I recall them - feel free to fact check.

93% of black homicide victims are murdered by other blacks, 7% by white and Hispanics.
Over 30% of white homicide victims are murdered by blacks.

I usually stay out of these debates, but according to the FBI's 2011 statistics 83% of whites were murdered by other whites. Only 14% of whites were murdered by blacks. 91% of blacks were murdered by other blacks. 55% of "other races" were murdered by "other races." This is what we would expect, since people are usually murdered by someone they know, often a spouse.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6

That's the first primary source I found using Google, so there may be other figures out there, but I'd be surprised if there was a reputable source saying 30% of whites were murdered by blacks.

Thanks for the correction.  I'll have to track down the stat I saw - I think it may have been referring to violent crime in general, not just homicide - what I do remember is that black on white violent crime is far more common than white on black.  I probably started with that and got it crossed with something else.
Depends upon how "crime" is characterized or prosecuted.  Sadly, I think black on black crime is too common and an issue that needs to be addressed as well as the criminal justice system.  I do think that an inordinate number of young black men are murdered in areas I've lived and frequent, an observation which makes my comments anecdotal.  Here, it does often seem to be gangs or drugs.  I'm in NJ.  I grew up with a bit of racist fear... we weren't far from Newark.  My parents expressed trepidation, though always were gregarious and did not use slurs.  I think the problem is cultural. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 03:15:36 PM »

I think American Conservative magazine called it: Ferguson is the left's Benghazi. No offense to Democrats or Republicans!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 04:29:55 PM »

I think American Conservative magazine called it: Ferguson is the left's Benghazi. No offense to Democrats or Republicans!

I thought Benghazi was the left's Benghazi? No?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 07:17:35 PM »

After reflection, I do believe there is a deeper, underlying message we can all take from the events at Ferguson.
A timeless message . . . a message best summed up by Jim Carrey in one of his most immortal roles:

Small | Large

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 04:35:22 AM »

Ok,Indy-they shot an unarmed man-now they choke an unarmed man to death-are you KIDDING ME?
EVERY COP SHOULD WEAR A BODY CAM. hot

Small | Large

THIS MAN DIED-ALL THESE COPS ARE GUILTY.
They are to protect and serve-
They serve-the protect-self-serving pigs serve themselves and protect themselves-I HATE COPS.

Hatred Hatred Hatred

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 04:40:02 AM »

Man,this aint about left or right-this is about HUMAN RIGHTS.  hot

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 07:53:14 AM »

The Eric Garner case is a different kettle of fish, from all that I have seen.
While I don't think there was any intent to kill him there, I still think excessive force was used.
Michael Brown, however, assaulted a police officer twice.  He had already tried to take Officer Wilson's gun once.
He outweighed the man by over 100 pounds.  When he turned around and charged at Wilson, I think the police
officer responded in the only way that he could at that point.  I simply can't muster any sympathy.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 10:49:16 PM »

I am perplexed.   Question

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2014, 03:20:25 AM »

I am perplexed.   Question
I aint. Im clear as crystal.
Cops can kill you for whatever the f**k reason they want.
Being an a***ole? Kill that n****r!
AHHHH!
He argued with a cop-the cops pride was hurt-
KILL THAT n****r.

I HATE COPS
They say rioting is not the answer.
If n****rs killed your son,white man,I bet you would be p**sed.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2014, 03:47:21 AM »

No more bullets?

Small | Large

This has no bearing on anything-I is just trying to lighten the mood.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2014, 09:32:49 AM »

I appreciate your trying to lighten the mood, but I can't agree with your sentiments on the police.
Anyway, have a good Saturday!

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2014, 10:49:06 AM »

Police forces have attempted to be "innovative" with military style tactics and different techniques and ...it's not the innovation people want, in the same way that the NSA's efforts to spy on people is largely unwanted. innovation in and of itself isn't necessarily a good thing.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2014, 12:08:51 PM »

I appreciate your trying to lighten the mood, but I can't agree with your sentiments on the police.
Anyway, have a good Saturday!
There are good cops.
But most are self serving a***oles on an ego trip-I'm a cop! I can do anything I want-including BREAKING THE LAW.
Last time I looked,choking some one to death is ILLEGAL.Called MURDER.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »

Police forces have attempted to be "innovative" with military style tactics and different techniques and ...it's not the innovation people want, in the same way that the NSA's efforts to spy on people is largely unwanted. innovation in and of itself isn't necessarily a good thing.
It used to be the cops looked after the people.
Now they look at them-like guards at a zoo. We are not animals.And the zoo keepers are on a power trip.
The reason that man on Staten Island is dead-not becouse he was selling bootleg ciggerettes-its because cops don like you yelling at them-they are above the law-f**k EM.
I fought every cop that tried to-and did-take me to jail.
And I been to jail over 30 times-I can tell you some stories about f**kin COPS.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, the Riots Have Begun « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.