Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:11:26 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most violent movie ever made? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Most violent movie ever made?  (Read 12701 times)
Private Joker
« on: May 08, 2002, 10:18:03 PM »

Braindead (Dead Alive) is probably the bloodiest movie I have ever seen in my life.  There can't be anything more violent; right?  RIGHT?
Future Blob
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2002, 11:42:20 PM »

I suppose you could be nitpicky and say there's a diffirence between a bloody movie and a violent movie. A movie can be one without being the other. Is that a valid argument?
BlackAngel
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2002, 03:33:41 AM »

I've got a couple of movies that come to mine:

Desporado (with one of the biggest gun fights, it has to be bloody)
RoboCop
Terminator 1&2
Every slasher and military movie known to man (hey you have to be spicific.)
J.R.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2002, 04:21:48 AM »

There are underground, borderline illegal tapes with uber-gory staged scenes mixed with actual crime scene and suicide/murder footage that could qualify as goriest ever. Isn't it great to hear the reaction of someone who's just seen Dead Alive? "It's so gory!"

'
Driftwood
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2002, 09:24:46 AM »

Try the German film called Premutos, it definitely gives brain dead a challenge concerning gore content in buckets. Something close to a 138 deaths are shown in the film, mostly zombie related gore. The US title is lord of the dead but it's not released here yet.
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2002, 11:05:54 AM »

Awhile back I saw a very low budget, independent film (can't remember the title) about a lady who tracks down a serial killer and blackmails him into teaching her how to be a serial killer.

The movie itself wasn't that bad, but the intro credits were pretty extreme
Lee
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2002, 01:37:07 PM »

Hard Boiled-People die viciously and there is a rediculously high body count
American History X-Brutal
Saving Private Ryan-Nuff said
The Street Fighter-Some of the grossest stuff I've ever seen
Lee
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2002, 04:40:04 PM »

Here's Some More:

Terror Firmer-Do I need to explain?

Scanners-Exploding head scene!

Hannibal-Plenty of gore compared to alot of mainstream movies.

Bullet In The Head-Disturbing violence.
Frannie
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2002, 05:39:03 PM »

what about ricky oh, or starship troopers?  granted a lot of the "troopers" violence is geared towards bugs.
Chadzilla
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2002, 07:29:17 PM »

I don't know about most violent EVER, but these movies have some disturbing moments of violence (as opposed to being simply gory, there is a difference)

Dirty Harry
Straw Dogs
I Spit on Your Grave
Death Wish II
Deep Cover
Romeo is Bleeding
J.R.
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2002, 09:48:17 PM »

Saving Private Ryan is not that gory. Whenever a mainstream film with gore comes out everyone makes a big deal about how gruesome it is, then I see it and it's not that bad. Blade 2, Private Ryan, whatever. Even in super-bloody films like Dead Alive, I think there could be more. Maybe I'm sick, I don't know.
Erik J
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2002, 12:40:16 AM »

What about Reservoir Dogs? That has to be right up there as one of the most violent films out there.
john
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2002, 03:25:58 AM »

>I don't know about most violent EVER, but these movies have some disturbing
>moments of violence (as opposed to being simply gory, there is a difference)

One of the most disturbing moments of violence in a movie that I've seen was in the film Shot Through The Heart, about the war in Bosnia. A young girl goes out to sit on the steps and wait for her mother and she's shot in the head by a sniper.
Neville
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2002, 05:30:24 AM »

That depends on your definition of violence, Private Joker. If you mean gore, "Cannibal holocaust" or similar stuff is almost unbeatable in this field.

If you mean unnecesary and "funny" violence, check "Starship troopers" or "From dusk till dawn".

If you mean violent and disturbing scenes, check "Reservoir dogs", "The wild bunch", "Straw dogs", "A bullet in the head" or "Robocop".
J.R.
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2002, 07:25:21 AM »

There is a very disturbing scene in Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer in which Henry and a pal watch a tape they made of them torturing and killing a family. I often find that when a film shows violence in a realistic and honest manner it is much more disturbing than when it's stylized or overly gory. That's pobably why we won't ever see a vivid account on celluloid of the depravity of people like Dahmer or Gacy, it would be grotesque. Have you ever seen old footage from Vietnam or the holocaust? Seeing the kind of atrocities people will commit against each other in real life is quite an eye-opener.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most violent movie ever made? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.