Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:12:42 PM
713354 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I kicked my son out. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I kicked my son out.  (Read 5299 times)
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 09:10:08 PM »

Unless he gets worse through being kicked out, I guess it's a really tricky call. What do you do before that, intervention or something I guess. I live with my parents, I'm 23, smoke weed basically as self medication (I guess amounts here were not stated, so there's that... if you are on like 5g high grade a day there's no way you'll be motivated to do anything). Not being funny but if I had to live with RC on a family basis I'd probably have killed someone by now. My buddy has become full agoraphobic, does nothing but games & smoke, he used to smoke but less and produce near professional level music. BUT let's look at this from the other side, some people make careers out of video games.. I see twitch streams with crazily regular donations and subscriptions coming in when you do the maths it's a proper job nowadays, then there's people who make successful gaming channels work, it's still difficult but not outside the realms of possibility in 2014. So I guess this is all relative and "more information required" seems like a nice conclusion, but yeah that's just my 2 cents from someone over half the age of most people here. I feel like I'm not sure what the main issue was here, the pot smoking, the doing nothing or both... and I feel lie I'd have to investigate the reasons of why that is before really passing on any advice.

You, my friend, are hardly "...over half the age of most people here...".   Smile

BounceGiggle LOL yeah, particularly sleep deprived post that

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 01:23:18 AM »

Unless he gets worse through being kicked out, I guess it's a really tricky call. What do you do before that, intervention or something I guess. I live with my parents, I'm 23, smoke weed basically as self medication (I guess amounts here were not stated, so there's that... if you are on like 5g high grade a day there's no way you'll be motivated to do anything). Not being funny but if I had to live with RC on a family basis I'd probably have killed someone by now. My buddy has become full agoraphobic, does nothing but games & smoke, he used to smoke but less and produce near professional level music. BUT let's look at this from the other side, some people make careers out of video games.. I see twitch streams with crazily regular donations and subscriptions coming in when you do the maths it's a proper job nowadays, then there's people who make successful gaming channels work, it's still difficult but not outside the realms of possibility in 2014. So I guess this is all relative and "more information required" seems like a nice conclusion, but yeah that's just my 2 cents from someone over half the age of most people here. I feel like I'm not sure what the main issue was here, the pot smoking, the doing nothing or both... and I feel lie I'd have to investigate the reasons of why that is before really passing on any advice.

You, my friend, are hardly "...over half the age of most people here...".   Smile

BounceGiggle LOL yeah, particularly sleep deprived post that
Kicking one's son out is never funny. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 02:14:49 AM »

pot and video games are a deadly combination in terms of proactive behaviors. better to be a crack head and UFO cultist or something. actually, no it's not

As long as you use it moderately it's ok. There are some days I don't smoke at all, or even turn on the system to play anything.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 04:20:46 AM »

Im a drunk-I dont have a issue with him smoking pot-I have an issue with him SELLING pot-and not paying rent and turning my house into a hangout for potheads.
I buy his groceries-which is fine-except all his pot head freinds eat it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 09:44:55 AM »

Im a drunk-I dont have a issue with him smoking pot-I have an issue with him SELLING pot-and not paying rent and turning my house into a hangout for potheads.
I buy his groceries-which is fine-except all his pot head freinds eat it.

OH, ok yeah, that's not cool.. selling drugs in your property makes you liable (probably), it does here at least. Pretty much the only place that is a legit career to follow is the Netherlands. I understand your position now

Quote from: Allhallowsday
Kicking one's son out is never funny.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 07:25:01 PM »

And I let him move back in today. Lookingup
Imma dick.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »

And I let him move back in today. Lookingup
Imma dick.
No.  You're a dope.  Love makes us do dopey things, things that may not be good for ourselves or the ones we love.  We all just want to be loved. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
316zombie
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »

RC, i know this story cover to cover. my sister lived it with one of her twins for many years. and she heard "you aren't my mother" a jillion times, along with" i didn't ask to be born", " it's YOUR fault i'm bipolar", " how could you throw me out when i have a son who'll end up homeless!", etetcetc...
it finally came to a head 3 years ago, when the other twin had her first child and threw her sister out. my sister refused to let her move back in, took custody of her grandson until his dad got back from iraq and went to court with his dad so he now has full custody.
not even this was enough for trissy to stay on her meds , get a decent job and straighten up her life.
the family now has ZERO contact with her, and the courts decided she can't see her son either, which IS what's best for him.
it's still very hard for all of us, but we all had to decide that she's a grownup and we HAVE to take care of ourselves and her son. we will always love her, but she can't be allowed to ruin or lives, you know? and certainly not her son's, he's a really smart kid and deserves a great life, which he has with his dad.
we DON'T like her at all, even with the familial love thing. we hope that someday she'll straighten up, but at 26, it's hard to stay hopeful.
i hope you're prepared to toss him out again,because it may be necessary. don't put yourself through the cycle of pain my sister did, okay?
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »

RC you did what you had to do.  You are not in the "Running Shelter For Your Sons Pothead Friends" business.  To keep it up would be to abet his lifestyle. 
  Your name is on the lease, and anything they do will be your problem.  23 is a self centered age, and pot (as said above) is a self centered drug. 
When I was 23 my grandmother sat me down and firmlytold that all the males of my family were younger than me when they fought in WWII... commandos in jungle fighting, died in tank battles, led men in battle, paratroopers the lot of them (about 16, it was a big family).  And I had no business whining about how life was hard.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I kicked my son out. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.