Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:03:52 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Toho announces a new Godzilla movie--not produced by Legendary « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Toho announces a new Godzilla movie--not produced by Legendary  (Read 4804 times)
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 07, 2014, 10:55:05 PM »

http://kotaku.com/japan-is-finally-making-a-new-godzilla-movie-1668043870

So this means we'll be getting two Big G flicks in the future: a Japanese film and Legendary's pseudo-remake of Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster

I'm pretty ecstatic right now. I think I may have to run through a brick wall.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 12:55:17 AM »

Actually I'm more excited about a new Japanese movie than any American ones.... Thumbup

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 06:18:29 PM »

Actually I'm more excited about a new Japanese movie than any American ones.... Thumbup

Same here... I'm looking forward to a new Toho Godzilla movie.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 07:03:36 PM »

First thing that went through my mind was Cool.

Second thing: Wait, the first American Godzilla movie was made in '98.  Toho announced and made Godzilla 2000 soon after.  Now Godzilla 2014 has come and gone (I don't think it bombed, but I'm pretty sure it underperformed.) And now Toho is getting back into the kaiju movies.  The conspiracy theory part of me now thinks that Toho is purposely licensing  their IP to those they know won't do it justice, just so they look better when they return to it?  Probably not. 

Still, it will be cool to have the classic big G on screen again ( or more accurately, on DVD when released stateside) and I'm all for new kaiju movies.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 01:18:22 PM »

I am looking more forward to the Japanese one, personally, but I did also enjoy the American one and wouldn't mind seeing a sequel, especially if they can improve upon the flaws of the previous outing.

First thing that went through my mind was Cool.

Second thing: Wait, the first American Godzilla movie was made in '98.  Toho announced and made Godzilla 2000 soon after.  Now Godzilla 2014 has come and gone (I don't think it bombed, but I'm pretty sure it underperformed.) And now Toho is getting back into the kaiju movies.  The conspiracy theory part of me now thinks that Toho is purposely licensing  their IP to those they know won't do it justice, just so they look better when they return to it?  Probably not. 

Still, it will be cool to have the classic big G on screen again ( or more accurately, on DVD when released stateside) and I'm all for new kaiju movies.

I don't know that I would call over $500 million for the 2014 'under performing,' same goes for the fact that it scored well above average with critics.  Even the '98 iteration was technically a financial success ($300+ million vs. $130 mil budget), even if it was a thunderous flop with the critics.  I think more than anything that the Legendary version garnered some attention for the brand, and now Toho wishes to capitalize on that.  I don't mind that one bit, since it's their IP.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
major jay

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 09:40:32 AM »

Yeah, and I feel sure Toho raked in a large pile of cash just licensing him out.
I'm looking forward to both. The more Godzilla the better. I do hope that Toho goes the "rubber suits and miniatures" route though.

JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 11:15:18 AM »

Yeah, and I feel sure Toho raked in a large pile of cash just licensing him out.
I'm looking forward to both. The more Godzilla the better. I do hope that Toho goes the "rubber suits and miniatures" route though.

Yeah, that's one of my fears.  Toho seemed to say that they're interested in putting more CG into the movie, and I only think that would be a good idea for scenes that absolutely require it (a la GMK).

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 12:38:34 PM »

Plus there is a new Godzilla-Game coming out next year for PS3/4 etc. which looks like a lot of fun.

VenomX73

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 06:10:58 PM »

Plus there is a new Godzilla-Game coming out next year for PS3/4 etc. which looks like a lot of fun.

I'll buy if they add 1974-1975 MechaGodzilla and Mechagodzilla X (Kiryu, Tokyo S.O.S.)

and for the fun of it - add finishers!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:41:45 PM by VenomX73 » Logged

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 05:19:48 AM »

I was kinda let down by the new American Godzilla just because-well-there wasn't enuff Godzilla! But I KNOW Toho will go apes**t with monster vs monster destruction!  Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 06:22:26 AM »

I'll buy if they add 1974-1975 MechaGodzilla and Mechagodzilla X (Kiryu, Tokyo S.O.S.)

and for the fun of it - add finishers!

I've seen Kiryu in the screenshots, but I don't know about Showa MKG. That would be cool, though.

EDIT:
There's a list of the monsters in the game at the bottom of this page
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:45:01 AM by JoeTheDestroyer » Logged

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Toho announces a new Godzilla movie--not produced by Legendary « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.